Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guy was on Tipping Point.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon on his own, he might as well go for the high offer which will probably be £50K then if he loses he'll still have a chance of winning £1k

That's what I was thinking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only 5:37 - I think he won't get through.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stewartb wrote: »
    ....................... Mark also seems to have more of a willingness to back himself by putting ITV's money where his mouth is. If you have a great cash builder, he'll throw down the gauntlet and challenge you to "come up and play" for a really serious amount of money...................!

If you have a bad cash builder, say £1000 or £2000 he tends to offer an even higher amount of money. I'm sure I've seen £72,000 offered in those circumstances. Especially if it's the last player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played Simon. That was a great chase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the other women who had £37,000 got through whether he would of took the minus or the middle?
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon is an excellent player, this should be a good Final Chase
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get how you press the wrong button. There's only 3 to choose from and they're in order for crying out loud

I think it would be less likely if the players were sitting down. As it is, the buttons are low down and, I think, partially covered.
    Perhaps Justonecornetto will put us right.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always just far to EASY for Anne and just a 1 PLAYER.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be less likely if the players were sitting down. As it is, the buttons are low down and, I think, partially covered.
    Perhaps Justonecornetto will put us right.

Haha I don't profess to know how each player is affected by the situation of being on a highly rated tv show but in this particular case it may have been that Anne pressed quickly putting Julie under pressure and it was a genuine mistake which she realised as soon as she had pressed the button but of course too late to change it.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many players have won single-handedly against the Chaser?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »

I can remember one. I think it may have been the only time.
  • Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 354
    Forum Member

I think there have been 6 or 7 - the first being Elaine against Mark in Series 3.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember one. I think it may have been the only time.
    I think there have been 6 or 7 - the first being Elaine against Mark in Series 3.

Crikey, I wouldn't expect to win against a professional quiz player!
  • Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    There have actually been 10 wins. One of them was for 60000 pounds, whilst another was for 50000 pounds.
  • stewartbstewartb Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Crikey, I wouldn't expect to win [one on one] against a professional quiz player!

It's still a huge ask, obviously, though a really good player isn't entirely without hope, particularly as it's not a level playing field: the player gets a head start and can punish the Chaser with push backs. This tips the balance just a little.
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're a really good quizzer,and you're in seat 4, and the first three have all been knocked out,you don't want to get a good score in the Cashbuilder. You'd want to get about two right. There would be no advantage to getting six or seven right, because as the last player,on your own,you should be going for the high offer,no matter what it is. But the worse your score is, the higher the high offer is likely to be.

Unfortunately if you're a really good quizzer,and they know that, it's highly unlikely they'll put you in seat 4.:D
  • Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately if you're a really good quizzer,and they know that, it's highly unlikely they'll put you in seat 4.:D

I think it'd be interesting if the studenty types were put up first, just once in a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teacher v teacher, it's Mark
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beast chasing today
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark again :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly is a giggler let's hope there's one of those innuendo questions:D
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    What an annoying woman!
  • bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and she is in the final ,,,,,:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly the Wally, his general knowledge is pretty poor but well done for going for the £66k.

Can't see him getting through.
This discussion has been closed.