The Ratings Thread (Part 68)

Comments

• ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I thought The Voice line up looked okay. Is this going head to head with Gary Barlow's Let It Shine?

Had you heard of Gavin Rossdale? :p

Not sure if it's going head to head with Let it Shine. It might but I don't know if The Voice is landing on Saturdays, Sundays or both, how they plan to schedule it around Saturday Night Takeaway and where Dance Dance Dance comes into it.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not necessarily about the names; it's about how the panel gels and entertains. Reports from the auditions will be interesting; if the four work well together the 'level' of names shouldn't be a massive concern.
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    *Awaits Dancc reaction and hot take*
  • sunbeam007sunbeam007 Posts: 8,522
    Forum Member
    I thought The Voice line up looked okay. Is this going head to head with Gary Barlow's Let It Shine?

I'm shocked by the reaction to Rossdale. I suppose not everyone remembers how big grunge was or how important Sixteen Stone was.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Had you heard of Gavin Rossdale? :p

Not sure if it's going head to head with Let it Shine. It might but I don't know if The Voice is landing on Saturdays, Sundays or both, how they plan to schedule it around Saturday Night Takeaway and where Dance Dance Dance comes into it.

I do know Gavin Rossdale as I've watched a lot of E! News and Entertainment Tonight over the years! :D Bigger in America than here. The Voice scheduling will be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    It's not necessarily about the names; it's about how the panel gels and entertains. Reports from the auditions will be interesting; if the four work well together the 'level' of names shouldn't be a massive concern.

Exactly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunbeam007 wrote: »
    I'm shocked by the reaction to Rossdale. I suppose not everyone remembers how big grunge was or how important Sixteen Stone was.

They remember grunge but Nirvana were the poster boys for that. Bush aren't really known here. Rossdale could walk down the street and most wouldn't know him. They'd know Gwen Stefani more than him or the name Courtney Love.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV needed big names to draw in the viewers. Without that, I suspect many will be of the conclusion, "looks like a poor line up, I won't be watching".

If ITV have got 3 years of this, then was an expensive flop. Add the fact that the default viewers TVUK recieved on BBC1 with ITV nt showing anything of note. BBC1 will be stronger than ITV was.

I was un-interested in TVUK on BBC1, and I'm even less interested now!

Its more important now that TVUk is not schedule slap bang in the middle of the schedule, because ITV don't need another show surrounded by flops (and potentially a flop itself), but something to lead into other hits.

How many on here will watch TVUK on ITV? Not many I suspect.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do know Gavin Rossdale as I've watched a lot of E! News and Entertainment Tonight over the years! :D Bigger in America than here. The Voice scheduling will be interesting.
    Exactly!

Fair enough. :p

You aren't wrong about it being more about the chemistry than the names. After all, Jessie J and Paloma Faith were both seen as big name signings but they were both shite! It could work well on screen (let's face it, Nicole Scherzinger was hardly an inspiring signing on paper) but they could have done with a big name to promote it with. I'm still not sure how they'll schedule it but they will need to be reasonably careful with it. Will it go on Saturdays and work around Takeaway in the later stages, or will it take the old Dancing on Ice Sunday slot? Or a mixture of the two?
    Forum Member
    They remember grunge but Nirvana were the poster boys for that. Bush aren't really known here. Rossdale could walk down the street and most wouldn't know him. They'd know Gwen Stefani more than him or the name Courtney Love.

Oh he's sold over 10m albums in America alone and has done it all. It's a very credible panel which I suspect is what ITV were seeking. There's no point making it like the XF or Louis Walsh.
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Sunday's XF and as horrifying as I've just found some of Sharon's choices, I am looking forward to the contempt on here when people realise they've replaced https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1855127/ivy-grace-paredes-x-factor-quit/ with a person who DID NOT EVEN GET A CHAIR!

The rapper Honey G. 😂
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »
    *Awaits Dancc reaction and hot take*
    Much the same as the majority!

Not very inspiring, to say the least. I think it's up against it switched to a commercial channel with that lineup, even if it gets a soft time of it up against Let It Shine which I don't like the sound of either.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunbeam007 wrote: »
    I'm watching Sunday's XF and as horrifying as I've just found some of Sharon's choices, I am looking forward to the contempt on here when people realise they've replaced https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1855127/ivy-grace-paredes-x-factor-quit/ with a person who DID NOT EVEN GET A CHAIR!

The rapper Honey G. 😂

Its a joke.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Who is Gavin Rossdale?

There father of Strictly contestant Daisy Lowe
    Forum Member
    Its a joke.

Well Ivy should be put through to lives just because she's the best singer XF had this year. So what if she can't fly to USA!
    HoneyG pick was shameful. The only way out is to put Ivy in.

The Level was on preview via sky on Wednesday.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Gavin Rossdale. Granted, I can't remember any of his songs, but his name was always in the papers in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I expect even people who like Voice are fed up with all the panel changes over the years.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So TVUK coaches have been confirmed

Will.i.am
    Sir Tom Jones
    Jennifer Hudson
    Gavin Rossdale

The line up doesn't excite me much if I'm being honest.

Hudson's signing is the only thing attracting me. WTF did they rope in Rossdale :o
    Forum Member
    Rossdale is the only name we didn't know. Hudson, Tom and Will had already been leaked to The Sun and more importantly, to this very thread.

The write-up is here. https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1873836/dreamgirls-star-jennifer-hudson-and-bush-frontman-gavin-rossdale-confirmed-as-the-voices-latest-judges/

I'm guessing Rossdale will appear on SCD at some point if Daisy Lowe does well.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Would you be able to look for that rating? It's The Retreat I'm most interested in, and if you've got anything for It Takes Two it would be good to see how it's doing.
    Steve had a rating for The Retreat. 853,000. That was sandwiched between Strictly: It Takes Two at 6.30pm with 1.42m and The Great British Menu at 7.30pm with 1.91m. So there was a switch off at 7.00pm.

Of course there was a switch-off at 7pm, everyone who was avoiding the news went to The One Show and Emmerdale. You can hardly blame The Retreat for that, it presumably happens every day.

I didn't post that rating on the thread. Panorama got 1.78m, by the way.
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I watched Parking Wars last night and it was near identical to Parking Mad which was shown on BBC One a while ago, even down to the section looking at parking appeals. It should therefore have rated in a similar manner.

Do people generally watch identical series to those they've already seen, then? I would have thought having watched one they wouldn't bother with the other.
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Ambulance on BBC1 was just another fly on the wall series which had it been on ITV would have been dismissed as flop zone filler and it would have rated 50% lower.

You seem very sure about that. Perhaps ITV should try and do shows like these first rather than after similar BBC shows everyone's watched.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the reaction to The Voice line up, did ITV only buy it to stop BBC1 showing it? I wont be watching on ITV. I only ever watched the spinning chairs episodes anyway. As I always enjoyed the BBC's musical talent searches, I will be watching the Gary Barlow show.
  • Ray TingsRay Tings Posts: 6,816
    Forum Member
    Bacough: 10.54m (44.8%)
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Ray Tings wrote: »
    Bacough: 10.54m (44.8%)

Highest overnight of the series! Absolutely brilliant.
    Forum Member
    Our Girl: 4.05m (19.4%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there was a switch-off at 7pm, everyone who was avoiding the news went to The One Show and Emmerdale. You can hardly blame The Retreat for that, it presumably happens every day.

I didn't post that rating on the thread. Panorama got 1.78m, by the way.

Not always the case. The Great Interior Design Challenge and This Farming Life were on Monday to Friday at 7pm on BBC2 and we're much higher than The Retreat.
    Do people generally watch identical series to those they've already seen, then? I would have thought having watched one they wouldn't bother with the other.
    Sometimes people do. Airport and Airline would have had a fair few watching both when they were on. Generally I'd say people pick a favourite.
    You seem very sure about that. Perhaps ITV should try and do shows like these first rather than after similar BBC shows everyone's watched.

Ambulance made me think of 999: What's Your Emergency on Channel 4.
    Forum Member
    2.1m/10.2% tuned in for the latest #GrandDesigns on Channel 4 last night. Up +23% and 24% for vol and share on the slot average
    Channel 4 Press@C4Press

1.88m (9.0%) exc. +1
This discussion has been closed.