Not receiving text on vodafone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
Forum Member
✭✭✭
anyone else having problems receiving test on vodafone? calls can be made & texts can be sent but not received. Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Hi rob, are you still having issues with receiving texts? If you are, call Vodafone on 191 and we'll look into this for you.

Hope this helps,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK
  • Ju411Ju411 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi rob, are you still having issues with receiving texts? If you are, call Vodafone on 191 and we'll look into this for you.

Hope this helps,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK
    Sorry to hijack this post OP...

edwardpeter...I don't seem to be able to send mms to Germany from my Voda contract SE K850i. They just don't get delivered to the recipient.
    Apparetly when I phoned Voda they told me there was a block which was lifted (it worked all well on my SE W800i before the upgrade to the new K850I:confused:). Then as the problem persisted I was told to change my mms settings which I did several times, eventually getting the settings from the SE website.
    Still no luck :(
    I can send to and received sms from Germany, even receive mms...just the sending ain't working :(
    Any idea why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i dont think there is much that can be done, i would recomend that you can ask another person to send u an sms as it has to be tracked at the originator sender and not on the incoming.
    Forum Member
    Hi Ju411, I'd like to have a look at your account so we can see if there are any errors showing when your MMS are sent. Can you send them ok to UK numbers? Do you still have your W800 that you could try your SIM in and see if they send?

Please could you complete the Vodafone Online Contact Form including the answers to those questions, as well as all the information required on the form and the code FIT135 (this will make sure your email comes directly to the Forums team.)

Once we receive your email we'll look into the issue further and get it fixed.

Hope this helps,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Ju411, I'd like to have a look at your account so we can see if there are any errors showing when your MMS are sent. Can you send them ok to UK numbers? Do you still have your W800 that you could try your SIM in and see if they send?

Please could you complete the Vodafone Online Contact Form including the answers to those questions, as well as all the information required on the form and the code FIT135 (this will make sure your email comes directly to the Forums team.)

Once we receive your email we'll look into the issue further and get it fixed.

Hope this helps,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK

Hi edwardpeter,

I was actually able to send the mms to a UK number but it took a while to arrive.
    I'll test it out with my old W800 again and if there's still a prob I shall report back..and also will use your suggeted way of contacting. Does the code need to go into the body of text or subject field?

Many thanks edwardpeter :)
    Forum Member
    Ju411 wrote: »
    Hi edwardpeter,

I was actually able to send the mms to a UK number but it took a while to arrive.
    I'll test it out with my old W800 again and if there's still a prob I shall report back..and also will use your suggeted way of contacting. Does the code need to go into the body of text or subject field?

Many thanks edwardpeter :)

Hi again, it has to be in the main message for our system to pick it up. Just pop it at the start or the end please.

Thanks,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend I know they got Vodafone as a back up mobile and now and again the day they have been getting my odd text a few mins after I have sent them from my 02 mobile. Other times the day they been getting my text within 20 seconds of me sending it. There T-Mobiles been ok and my 02 been working ok.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi again, it has to be in the main message for our system to pick it up. Just pop it at the start or the end please.

Thanks,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK

Quick update...
    tested with my old SE W800i and it worked straight away...bizarre!:(
    Just sent the email to Voda through the onlince contact form...strange, is it normal not to get a "thank you for your enquiery" message (or similar) after clicking on the "send" button:confused:
    Sorry, maybe I am overly worried that after my looooog email typing it's gone lost...:o:o