Truely diabolical mobiles

pipegibbonpipegibbon Posts: 80
Forum Member
Whats the worst mobile you ever had?
Digital handsets only please or there won't be enough room on the website:rolleyes:

For me it's the Dancall DC1 i had on Orange, it couldn't even send texts, battery lasted 1/2 a day.

Also the SE K850i is a fine contender:sleep:

or what about the very un user friendly ericsson erm... cant remember the model but it was a bit like the coca cola one but slightly smaller, and had less features. I didn't actually buy one you understand, i was unfortunate enough to be given one to try and use at work.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Samsung D900. Creaky, loose slider. Horrible. Cheap plastic
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    The original black and white nokia 3510. Chock full of bugs, new firmware promised which never turned up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by Samsung. Looks great, but the novelty wears off and the ice cream van ringtones with the gimicks wear thin soon....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    dreamypuma wrote: »
    Anything by Samsung. Looks great, but the novelty wears off and the ice cream van ringtones with the gimicks wear thin soon....

Totally agree. Can't even set message tones! What the hells that all about?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Every Sony Ericsson handset before the k750i.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wernroe wrote: »
    Every Sony Ericsson handset before the k750i.

I've got the 300i and I quite like it.

Probably the LG U8201 for me (I think that was the model number). Canny phone that would just die for no apparent reason, and that was it. New phone needed.
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mototrola MPX200! The phone was let down with a battery life of less than 1 day standby! I had 3 and they were all the same and a works colleague had 6 before he gave up on it as well.

Put me off Motorola phones for good even though I bet the new ones are much better.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NEC phones that were like £30 on 3 pay. Crashed constantly battery lasted half a day if you were lucky.
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    The NEC phones that were like £30 on 3 pay. Crashed constantly battery lasted half a day if you were lucky.

The NEC e313?. Gosh that was a bad phone. A friend bought one of these when they were £19.99 (including £20 of free credit!) at Woolworths. It had a swivel camera on the top, when you turned it around the picture was upside down! The case was painted plastic which rubbed off after a couple of weeks. He never managed to make a video call on it, the screen would go white and then the phone would re-start.
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep i despise those. I would be using it, either trying to make a video call, send a text, use the camera, make a standard call etc etc and the classic "restart" kicked in, white screen then it restarted, pieces of crap!
    Da/\/\aged wrote: »
    Totally agree. Can't even set message tones! What the hells that all about?!

I never touch Samsungs because i find that the batteries run out quicker than anything else and for the reason of you cant set your own message tones. They have been years behind the others on this and i think the very latest ones can finally let you set them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DXRulz wrote: »

I never touch Samsungs because i find that the batteries run out quicker than anything else and for the reason of you cant set your own message tones. They have been years behind the others on this and i think the very latest ones can finally let you set them!

True. The D900 is ok for setting your own message tones. Still crap phones particularly aimed at the female market i would dare to say. The other half has one, but anything that drains a battery quickly, thus disabling her attempts to talk to me is not such a bad thing !:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motorola v525 aka v500. Crashed frequently; non-number keys were the wrong way round (as if it was a left handed phone); the paint on the main navigation key wore soon off leaving white light shining through; applications and games ran slow; battery didn't last long and neither did each charge; Bluetooth was amazing...ly slow. An excellent phone on paper though.

Samsung E870 - recently had one as a courtesy phone when my k800 had to be repaired. Like other Sammy's, what could be a nice mob was let down by horrid firmware - far too many key presses just to send a text to someone in the contacts list; the size of the phone, its thickness, and the key spacings were just right to make my thumbs get cramp while using the phone, especially when writing texts; I kept finding myself unintentionally saving what I'd written to Drafts; removing my SIM was a bit of a challenge, the phone almost completely swallowing it.

Come on Sammy, you have some great ideas, why not implement them properly?
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got some more to name...

Sony Ericsson F500i - Would either just restart or the screen would disappear into little white dots which would fill the screen then it would restart. Kept freezing too and poor battery, this was also a Vodafone exclusive meaning custom MP3's would not set as a ringtone. You had to buy ringtones from Vodafone live.

Sharp TM100 - This is a T-Mobile exclusive. Got this when it was brand new out, there was no support for it and no downloads or accessories available for quite a while, sold it a couple of months later and i dont really like Sharp phones anyway.

Motorola V545 - Orange exclusive. Poor battery, lack of memory (5MB in total) and bluetooth that takes almost a day to receive/send just one file.

Nokia 6600 - My first S60 phone. I liked it, but like most early S60 phones, they had their freezing/restarting problems and this one was well known for that.

NEC e313 & e616 - Poor battery and were only any good as paperweights because as soon as you tried to do something, you got a white screen then a restart!

Samsung E900 - Annoying touch sensitive buttons which seemed to always do what you didnt want them to do. Also the one i had would send videos through bluetooth and when the phone or pc received the video, there was no video just sound. Same with pics, take a pic with the camera and bluetooth it to a pc or a phone, when it was received the top half of the pic would be there with the middle down corrupted.

Motorola KRZR K1 - Bluetooth kept failing during transfer and its a Motorola, nuff said!

Nokia 6280 - Went back to the shop after about a month, would freeze then restart even when writing texts!

I really am not keen on Samsung, Motorola or Sharp so i stay well clear now lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPhone .
  • qpw3141qpw3141 Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motorola E550

Lovely phone but it would turn its backlight on randomly even when closed and drain the battery.
  • pipegibbonpipegibbon Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Not had a bad phone now for ages. I had a spell on HTC for a few years until they lost their way. Now I'm a Samsung man with a S8. Great screen but very difficult to hold without touching the edge of the screen so I put a big sucker hook on the back :D
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 year old thread!!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No love for K850i ? I thought it was OK.

To be honest I've never had high expectation of phones so probably less bothered by shortcomings.

HTC wasn't great. Short battery life, very slow and looking at it know, very small screen.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 01/10/19 - 11:48 #20
    Motorola V220 - the only phone I've had that I've had to get repaired a couple of times due to problems with the connection points where the battery goes

Huawei G300 - very sluggish and I never thought the battery was great

Those are the only brands I will not go near ever again. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S5 since September 2015 and it's getting near the time when I will have to replace it. I will definitely be sticking with that brand when it comes to getting a new phone.
  • pipegibbonpipegibbon Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    ["Stig12 year old thread!! [/quote]

Yeah I though I'd give people enough time to give their opinions 😂
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia 8. The phone was excellent, it was the camera was the problem. After taking a picture it would freeze & need re-booting.
  • skarothskaroth Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Nokia Xpressmusic 5800

My first 'smartphone', it had a touch screen that you had to use a stylus or plectrum with. Came complete with Nokia Maps, if you signed up for a monthly subscription fee (Google Maps immediately killed that feature dead in the water). Ran Symbian, so you had to pay for every app, and there were hardly any decent ones.

Best of all, it used to crash regularly, and require a hard reset. No matter how much battery you had when it happened, by the time it had restarted you'd be on less than 15%.

On two separate occasions I actually needed it to work to rearrange travel arrangements in an emergency, and both times it crashed and ran out of battery. It was on the second such occasion I decided to dump it and vow never to buy Nokia again.

Eventually some trade-in company offered me £1.50 for it, which I never received. Even they must have worked out it was a worthless piece of ####!
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,511
    Administrator
    pipegibbon wrote: »
    Not had a bad phone now for ages. I had a spell on HTC for a few years until they lost their way. Now I'm a Samsung man with a S8. Great screen but very difficult to hold without touching the edge of the screen so I put a big sucker hook on the back :D

Please don't bump old threads. This is thread is 12 years old. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.