Options

My annoying internet connection problem

maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi
I have BT internet via a home hub which suprisingly works ok most of the time. The network has my vista laptop which is wireless, a wired pc (vista), a Mac wired, a mini mac, wired and a mac wireless notebook, plus wifi phones.

Anyway my problem is that every Monday evening I lose my connection to the HomeHub and have to go on one of the other machines and go 'into' the homehub and hit the apply button. I can then connect fine again until the following Monday.

Hopefully someone can solve this annoying problem?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi maxsi,

You mention you need to the other machines, what you referring to? Do you lose the connection with all of the devices (PC, MAC, laptop etc) or does the connection drop with just some of them? What colour do the lights on the hub go when this happens?

Thanks,

Stephanie
    BT Support
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Support wrote: »
    Hi maxsi,

You mention you need to the other machines, what you referring to? Do you lose the connection with all of the devices (PC, MAC, laptop etc) or does the connection drop with just some of them? What colour do the lights on the hub go when this happens?

Thanks,

Stephanie
    BT Support

Hi Stephanie
    I have to use one of the other machines as they are all fine, to go into the homehub page and just click 'apply' and then my laptop works again??

It is only my laptop that has the problem which is why I mentioned all the other machines which do not have the problem.

The lights do not change and no other machine is affected.

Please help me!
  • Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the clarification, it's odd it happens every Monday… and you do have other wireless devices connected when this happens that aren't affected?

I'd be inclined to think either something happens every Monday that interferes with the wireless connection (and causes the laptop to drop connection) but that wouldn't explain with other devices stay connected wirelessly. Is the laptop located in the vicinity of the other devices?

Thanks,

Stephanie
    BT Support