Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This might be farfetched, but do we think Ireland could've picked up some extra points tonight due to all the international coverage the referendum is getting? A proud day to be Irish nonetheless.
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Eurovision day everyone!!! :)

Just got in, my buffet shopping all done for tonight. Got the family coming over as per. Just running through a few simulators on ESC Nation to kill an hour or so. Just on 2010, so much better without dynamic voting haha! :D

Hope you all enjoy your Eurovision evening. Much love guys! :*

Ollie xxx
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Eurovision Day everyone!

I hope I don't start dozing off tonight like I did during the jury rehearsal - I fear the second half is going to be laboured!
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    My mission before 8 tonight is forcing my dad to watch it! Eurovision was my mother's and myself's annual 'thing'. First year without her I need to drag my Chines father to get into it!
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot I have a safety buffer on my phone contract so I only have two or three votes left for tonight, tempted to vote for Italy and Belgium as I haven't seen their 'thank you or voting' videos yet.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mission before 8 tonight is forcing my dad to watch it! Eurovision was my mother's and myself's annual 'thing'. First year without her I need to drag my Chines father to get into it!

Sorry to hear that Nigel, I'm sure she'll be watching it with you from up above. xx :kitty:
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I've spent the whole day doing up the spare bedroom with Radio 2 Eurovision on. It's gone really quickly!
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    This might be farfetched, but do we think Ireland could've picked up some extra points tonight due to all the international coverage the referendum is getting? A proud day to be Irish nonetheless.

When you consider that same-sex relations were illegal until 1993 it's amazing how far Ireland has come. I salute the Irish.
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear that Nigel, I'm sure she'll be watching it with you from up above. xx :kitty:

When you consider that same-sex relations were illegal until 1993 it's amazing how far Ireland has come. I salute the Irish.

and in that year (or just after) they only legalised divorce by 9,000 votes :o
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    Was in Morrisons earlier, (their usual obsession is I Can), but today they decided to blast out Only Teardrops.

Turns out my aunt has been a closet, casual ESC fan all along. I know she recognised SILWY in my car the other day, but today when driving home with her and my mum from shopping I made a point of saying, my head's spinning with all this funeral and paperwork talk so anything you need me for today, do it before 8pm! Why 8pm was the reply - because I'll be watching the Eurovision final so I will not be available after 8pm. Then my aunt pipes up - oh yes, I like watching that!

So this should be interesting listening to her and my mum ranting and raving at the telly all night, (I'll be upstairs watching in peace and quiet!), bearing in mind my mum had a Eurovision flounce because Pastora only came 10th in 2012 and hasn't watched since! :eek: Listening to my cd in the car - my aunt is a fan of ours and Polina, and my mum's favourites are Edurne and Polina!

#Prayformysanity :(:D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I spoke to my dad earlier and it turns out he also watched the BBC4 doc. His favourite was Italy 1964, probably because its one of the few he's listened to outside of the Eurovision context.

It also turns out my mother is stanning for Israel.
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Irish results as they come in, absolutely amazing, have had a few tears :blush:

http://www.rte.ie/news/results/2015/referendum/ssm/
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A plague of Honey bees are threatening my Eurovision party humph :(
  • Options
    VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just heard the UK entry for the first time. The prequalified countries seems to be somewhat forgotten, at least by me.

But. Wow! I love it! I get this old, feisty, lovely, British feeling, Agatha Christie, tea, cake and fun. Very good, and a song to be proud of.

I also liked Molly last year, but this is even better.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel free to ignore 4Music's 'Eurovision Party Warm Up' possibly the most misleading title they could have ever come up with.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

there's a very long wait before the first song.. but i think he will enjoy it, since he will have very good company and most of the songs are ballads :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my mum is very elderly, but she always recognises still in love with you..

when i played her this version she still recognised it.. made her laugh..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBn2ktdnu3w
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Was in Morrisons earlier, (their usual obsession is I Can), but today they decided to blast out Only Teardrops.

Turns out my aunt has been a closet, casual ESC fan all along. I know she recognised SILWY in my car the other day, but today when driving home with her and my mum from shopping I made a point of saying, my head's spinning with all this funeral and paperwork talk so anything you need me for today, do it before 8pm! Why 8pm was the reply - because I'll be watching the Eurovision final so I will not be available after 8pm. Then my aunt pipes up - oh yes, I like watching that!

So this should be interesting listening to her and my mum ranting and raving at the telly all night, (I'll be upstairs watching in peace and quiet!), bearing in mind my mum had a Eurovision flounce because Pastora only came 10th in 2012 and hasn't watched since! :eek: Listening to my cd in the car - my aunt is a fan of ours and Polina, and my mum's favourites are Edurne and Polina!

#Prayformysanity :(:D
    Loving the Polina love in your family! :D

I've almost resigned myself to thinking that Sweden will win, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just put about 70 flags in my garden as part of my party decor and along came a bird that did a great shat. Fortunately it only hit one flag.......

Sorry Mans :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I've almost resigned myself to thinking that Sweden will win, but I hope I'm wrong.

when viewers hear they will say.. is that it?
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    portugal wrote: »
    Just put about 70 flags in my garden as part of my party decor and along came a bird that did a great shat. Fortunately it only hit one flag.......

Sorry Mans :D
    Hope that's an omen :D:D

#AnyoneButSwedenOrRussia (but in a pinch, #AnyoneButSweden...)
  • Options
    portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a fab evening all xxx :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hope they mention the massive yes vote for SSM in Ireland today at the final tonight -
    it is very historic and believe me when I say Dublin is a mass of rainbow & Eurovisiony colour today and tonight :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    portugal wrote: »
    Have a fab evening all xxx :p

don't forget to put out some bread crumbs for the birds
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Damien. wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing actaully although now I wonder if Bojana will get them instead.
This discussion has been closed.