Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    One good thing about Sweden winning is that we're back to SVT who are a safe pair of hands when it comes to production and presenting. ORF fell quite flat most of the time!

Where do we think it's going? Stockholm, possibly? Give Friends Arena a run-out.
    ORF were like what Rai must have been like in 1991.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Michele Perniola @MichelePerniola · 20m 20 minutes ago
    Congratulations @davidguetta for winning the eurovision! #Eurovision #SWE #Heroes :)

He speaks the truth!

Bitter isn't he? He needs to give it a rest.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    One good thing about Sweden winning is that we're back to SVT who are a safe pair of hands when it comes to production and presenting. ORF fell quite flat most of the time!

Where do we think it's going? Stockholm, possibly? Give Friends Arena a run-out.

Every cloud and all that! I don't want to rag on ORF too much, technology has come a long way since the last time Austria were in control. :p But there was a lot of missteps.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    I'm still interested to see the splits. The UK may have done okay in the televote...

they have a hit record.. and well deserved

9-Bulgaria
    24-UK

51-Sweden
    51-Poland
    51-Austria
    72-Israel
    79-Denmark
    81-Norway
    100-Czech Republic
    107-New Zealand
    121-Finland
    145-Australia
    145-Germany
    147-Ireland
    167-Switzerland
    169-Spain
    180-Netherlands
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    At least we know Sweden can host well! Since failure in 2010 they have a blooming good record.

Fortunately the production should be very slick but...
    I hope Sweden don't mess about with running order and votes and stuff like that though

This is exactly what I expect them to do. :(
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Eurovision has been entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest running music contest.

Right thanks. :)

Was he referring to the whole franchise or just tonight's show? :D
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Sweden don't mess about with running order and votes and stuff like that though
    Sweden gave us the ****ed up, manipulated system we have now. Don't expect that to change. :(
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    By the way, my stream froze when Jan Ola Sand was talking. Did he make a big announcement in the end?

The announcement was Eurovision broke Guinness World Record for whatever
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    That and Lithuania ignoring Russia completely!

Eh? Lithuania doesn't have strong ties to Russia, indeed they still have bad feeling from the USSR days I understand. Unlike Latvia and Estonia which have quite a few Russian people.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bottom 4 were all in the "big 7"

How come Germany are 26th and Austria 27th? If both on 0
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Sweden gave us the ****ed up, manipulated system we have now. Don't expect that to change. :(

Sweden could pull #1 out of the hat randomly next year :D It's be worth it to see Bjorkman's face :o
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, Russia (Channel 1) did not show the Conchita interval act for whatever reason.
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Macedonia and Montenegro's points were solely televoting. Their jury points were thrown out :o
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden could pull #1 out of the hat randomly next year :D It's be worth it to see Bjorkman's face :o
    I'd love that :D
  • Options
    wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why it over-ran so much, in 1991 it was Toto Chaos and his constant flirting with anything in a skirt with a pulse, and his clowning around during the scoring. Tonight there wasn't any of the knobbing around by Toto, so I can't understand what the over-run is down to.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Macedonia and Montenegro's points were solely televoting. Their jury points were thrown out :o

:o interesting...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    By the way, Russia (Channel 1) did not show the Conchita interval act for whatever reason.

To be fair, they were under no obligation to. That part of the show is designated for commercials I believe,
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    That's the second time for Montenegro. Why they do it when it can be seen remains to be seen.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    i think our song will have the last laugh

Would have been a hit 100 years ago
    Charlston type of song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm.. wonder if Ola San will ban them? Well, he didn't with Georgia last year. And Montenegro's jury was clearly fixed last year also, but Ola Sand didn't even disqualify it........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    That's the second time for Montenegro. Why they do it when it can be seen remains to be seen.

Difference being, Montenegro's jury was disqualified last year, despite clear manipulation.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why it over-ran so much, in 1991 it was Toto Chaos and his constant flirting with anything in a skirt with a pulse, and his clowning around during the scoring. Tonight there wasn't any of the knobbing around by Toto, so I can't understand what the over-run is down to.

The intro was about 12 hours long.
  • Options
    dbj2dbj2 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Well, Monika and Vaidas did say that they believed Lithuania was moving forward and integrating with the West more!

I think the Russians that live in Lithuania historically have better civil rights than in Latvia and Estonia, so they are probably not looking to Mother Russia for 'protection' unlike other Russian groups.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukraine is apparently confirmed for next year, not sure if it's already been mentioned.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »

Link?

Hence Macedonia having the only random voting of the night.
This discussion has been closed.