Options

Will Stacey ever return?

Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think Lacey will ever reprise her role as Stacey and return to Eastenders? I wish her all the best in her future acting projects,she's a fantastic actress and I'm sure she'll have an amazing carreer but I really miss Stacey though :cry: Do you think she'll ever return? There's going to a massive gap left in the show now that one of their most popular character's has left

Comments

• Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it depends on which Slaters are around at the time
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she will, they rarely stay gone more than 2 years. I don't get why actors leave soaps, it's not like they get work anywhere other than panto and bit parts, and it must be horrible dropping that nice monthly paycheck.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give it 2-3 years
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well if you ask me it would be very unrealistic for her to ever return

The writers have to make a hell of a story to allow her to come back considering she is on the run for murder well if someone actually tells da police dat she killed archie:D

Although i love lacey turner and stacey i cant ever see returning:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know if Lacey is smart with her careers options i highly doubt she'll be back anytime soon and after all she is an amazing talent so i doubt very much she'll find it hard to get work!

But also is there gonna be a reason for her to come back with possibly no slaters kicking around at that time!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The annoying thing is, Stacey isn't even on the run for murder. She's on the run for Janine's attempted murder, which basically Janine has now admitted is a lie.

I don't see the logic in Jean and Ryan happily admitting Stacey killed Archie to every Tom Dick and Fat Pat. There's no proof that she did it, so why make things worse when in theory, they are just one Janine confession away from Stacey being allowed to come home.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Depends who else is in the square.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Definitely.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Given the way she was written out its perfectly possible she can come back. After all the police don't know she killed Archie - and she didn't stab Janine.

So its perfectly possible for Stacey to come back - her family will still be there and so we assume will the father of her kid (Ryan) unless they find another male actor willing to strip off for every other scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So really, Stacey isn't on the run. :D She would need to get past Roxy first tbh, so I doubt she'll be back anytime soon.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think she could return, would be good if she did, I miss her already :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    So really, Stacey isn't on the run. :D She would need to get past Roxy first tbh, so I doubt she'll be back anytime soon.

Obviously Stacey won't be back for a year or two - by which time Roxy have other things on her mind or have forgotten the whole thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey hasn't left London, she must have been sat in a flight simulator on Christmas night as London City Airport is closed Christmas Day!
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    The annoying thing is, Stacey isn't even on the run for murder. She's on the run for Janine's attempted murder, which basically Janine has now admitted is a lie.

I don't see the logic in Jean and Ryan happily admitting Stacey killed Archie to every Tom Dick and Fat Pat. There's no proof that she did it, so why make things worse when in theory, they are just one Janine confession away from Stacey being allowed to come home.

She confessed to Ronnie and Roxy, so that's against her

I think it's possible for Stacey to be convicted in a court of law
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Mc wrote: »
    Stacey hasn't left London, she must have been sat in a flight simulator on Christmas night as London City Airport is closed Christmas Day!

Any thoughts on which of the exotic destinations Stacey flew to from City airport - Florence or Dundee?
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She confessed to Ronnie and Roxy, so that's against her

I think it's possible for Stacey to be convicted in a court of law

She did. But Ronnie and Roxy have no proof. I'm no judge or legal expert, but surely it'd still be her word against theirs.
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did. But Ronnie and Roxy have no proof. I'm no judge or legal expert, but surely it'd still be her word against theirs.

Ronnie has no interest in punishing Stacey. It's Janine and Roxy she should watch out for.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will, Jessie Wallace did. I reckon we'll see Stacey and a teenage Lily back on the Square someday. Lily will probably bed this Kat/Ronnie kid at some point. :p
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    I sincerely hope so, I miss her so so much. :( She was a brilliant character, she should have stayed like Ken Barlow for 5o years with the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I sincerely hope so, I miss her so so much. :( She was a brilliant character, she should have stayed like Ken Barlow for 5o years with the show!

Well Ken was on Corrie from the start, Stacey wasn't so there's no need for Ken comparisons, and I think it's wise for Lacey to explore other options. That said, I certainly hope she comes back once she's done exploring, whenever that may be. :p
  • Options
    Fozzie1988Fozzie1988 Posts: 340
    Forum Member

This and even with janine and roxy against stacey there is no other evidence the recording was deleted and the bust used was destroyed in the fire so no there will be no dna to prove she did it so she wouldn't get sent down for it really
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    Of course she will, they rarely stay gone more than 2 years. I don't get why actors leave soaps, it's not like they get work anywhere other than panto and bit parts, and it must be horrible dropping that nice monthly paycheck.
    well rob left in 08 and he's not back yet is he? and i doubt he will he's doing really well in america
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fozzie1988 wrote: »
    This and even with janine and roxy against stacey there is no other evidence the recording was deleted and the bust used was destroyed in the fire so no there will be no dna to prove she did it so she wouldn't get sent down for it really

As for the bust, surely it was wiped clean since Archie's murder so it no longer existing might not have any significance. The police probably took fingerprints from the bust on the night and if it did have Stacey's fingerprints on it, combined with a confession might be enough to get her convicted. But on the other hand, EastEnders probably wouldn't go down that route should Stacey return.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lacey said on the BBC3 show that she would like to return one day so you never know :)