Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital have playlisted I Need Your Love! :)

Hopefully this makes it a massive hit!

I dont listen to Capital but just thought you all would like to know.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Capital have playlisted I Need Your Love! :)

Hopefully this makes it a massive hit!

I dont listen to Capital but just thought you all would like to know.

If capital have playlisted it its already off to a good start.

Plus with Explosions and Halcyon keeping momentum this will hopefully keep things rolling :) Also anyone catch her on This Morning she did an acoustic of Explosions just stunning heres a link :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyetOXY7HA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good week for Miss. Goulding:

Explosions is a non mover at #16
    Halcyon moves up 1 to 15

This campaign has kind of taken off on it's own the album has now had 16 non consecutive weeks in the top 40 6 consecutive in the top 20 and 21 overall whilst Explosions has not dropped below 21 in the last 6 weeks with 8 in total and sales stand at about 110K same for Halcyon both completely deserved.

Considering Halcyon dropped dramatically after it's 2nd week at #7 then dropping out completely for almost 2 months and Figure 8 bombing i thought it could go either way so so glad its rebounded and has become the sleeper hit i predicted.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Sadly in terms of the album success, I doubt it will be up with Lights in the UK but Explosions has outdone Guns and Horses and The Writer (possibly combined?) and I think it may become better recognised than Anything Could Happen. My next thought is, will a re-release be happening? Or since there's already been two versions of Halcyon released, is that that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Sadly in terms of the album success, I doubt it will be up with Lights in the UK but Explosions has outdone Guns and Horses and The Writer (possibly combined?) and I think it may become better recognised than Anything Could Happen. My next thought is, will a re-release be happening? Or since there's already been two versions of Halcyon released, is that that?

I think you have to look at contextually though Badkid were albums sales higher Halcyon would have sailed past platinum by now but such as things are the low sales are to be expected. But if you look at 12 consecutive weeks in the top 40 6 consecutive weeks in the top 16 2 huge hits off the album and a huge profile boost from Explosions. And at the same point Lights was doing nowhere near as well. so this era has nowhere near flopped like many other albums simply fallen victim to the low sales i mean in 09 Rihanna entered at 16 with Rated R but went Gold almost instantly so it sucks but is the way things are. florence only sold about 200.000+ albums of Ceremonials last year and had a drop of 1M sales from Lungs so its not just Ellie.

And as for Re-release already 3 versions of Halcyon its doubtful but you never know.

And as for the campaign being over no way whilst Explosions may be stalling Halcyon is having consistent sales still and with INYL being released and only on 3rd single there is a way to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/hpukofficial Live From London enjoy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stu_Mck5 wrote: »

Youtube ripped it a while back along with Bittersweet, The End, High For This have all the Halcyon extras now :D

This song grew on me at first was like nothing special but it is insanely catchy can see why she didn't have it on the album though doesn't really fit but coul/should have been on the standard deluxe :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Explosions which began its descent last week continues #26 this week but 9 weeks in the top 40 and 10 on the chart overall sales about 125K so shall we agree though not top 10 a hit none the less :) Also Halcyon to my surprise continues to do well off the back of Explosions rising two places to #18 sales 130-140K for this climate not bad it is Gold at least.

So now to what should the next single be yes I Need Your Love is being released and she has more than an equal part having co-written and doing all the vocals it is more Calvin's so for her solo and Halcyon's 4th (discounting Hanging On which was a promo) what should the single be my contenders in descending order are:

My Blood
    Joy
    Only You
    Halcyon
    Atlantis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halcyon: The Remixes. Is out on 15 April 2013! :)

http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=article&parid=9332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it gets a wide release and not just limited or Digital like Run Into The Light there are so many remixes and this makes up for no Explosions- EP :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Ellie singing on the SKY advert? If anyone has heard it?

I quite like the song if it is?

It goes like My home...... this will always be my home. < Not a very good description eh? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Ellie singing on the SKY advert? If anyone has heard it?

I quite like the song if it is?

It goes like My home...... this will always be my home. < Not a very good description eh? :D

Not seen the ad, but that lyric's from one of the songs on the Bright Lights album. It's called Home (funnily enough). :p Decent song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Not seen the ad, but that lyric's from one of the songs on the Bright Lights album. It's called Home (funnily enough). :p Decent song.

Thanks! :D

Will have a listen to it later! :) and lol at the name haha :p

Edit: Thanks for the link Hav! Saved me youtubing it myself ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it' home- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGnO5tCIVI0

Alot of her songs have been featured in Adverts and TV show of late Explosions, Anything could Happen, Home, Joy, Figure 8 girl i getting serious royalty checks then :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

Alot of her songs have been featured in Adverts and TV show of late Explosions, Anything could Happen, Home, Joy, Figure 8 girl i getting serious royalty checks then :p

Just clicked on the vid and all the comments are about Sky bringing them here! (like me :p) haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just clicked on the vid and all the comments are about Sky bringing them here! (like me :p) haha :D

Haha i had completely forgotten about it and never liked it that much so Sky took me there too :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! :D

Will have a listen to it later! :) and lol at the name haha :p

Edit: Thanks for the link Hav! Saved me youtubing it myself ;)

Enjoy! :D

I was pleased to hear some of her songs playing for the VTs on The Voice last week as well, she's been pretty popular of late. Looking forward to seeing the new vid with Calvin soon as well, I wonder if I Need Your Love could top the singles charts. Definitely got a bit of a buzz about it, and the video is already getting people talking...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought Home! Good song, thanks Sky! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I Need Your Love will be in the top ten on Sunday if the midweek chart is anything to go on (it's risen from #19 to #11). Perfect timing, as the video is out on Monday! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you like 92 :)

And i know have been waiting for the video for age plus with two versions on itunes doing well hopefully top 10 beckons it will make for Explosions missing out which coincidentally is at #100 on iTunes time for Halcyon single #4 :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member

I'd noticed that too. Not seen the adverts with Anything Could Happen, Joy and Figure 8 though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Germany, the Radio Stations has now begun to play Lights, it's now number 6 on the download charts ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the acts on The Voice last night sang Starry Eyed, as well as playing an awesome percussive fingerstyle arrangement on guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8feiTk_WnU

Check it out, he's a cute kid. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she's getting some play on The Voice as well because Polydor's parent label is Universal, who are in partnership with the show.