Options

Aaron's Bizarre Exit

BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
Forum Member
Surely that will go down in BB history as one of the most bizarre, surreal moments ever?

To see all the fireworks and streamers go up in celebration - for it to be met by a strong chorus of boos was weird viewing. It was like trying to gloss over the turd atmosphere with some glitter! And failing miserably...

And of course BB didn't exactly help by making him walk around with a case full of cash in front of a pissed off audience.

Comments

• Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that will go down in BB history as one of the most bizarre, surreal moments ever?

To see all the fireworks and streamers go up in celebration - for it to be met by a strong chorus of boos was weird viewing. It was like trying to gloss over the turd atmosphere with some glitter! And failing miserably...

And of course BB didn't exactly help by making him walk around with a case full of cash in front of a pissed off audience.
    It was mega surreal. It just seemed so wrong, lots of glitter and winner appearing across the screen as everyone booed. It just kind of felt very flat and strange. Maybe next year they'll make sure they've got enough crowd members to actually cheer any one of the HM's that won, it does kind of put a dampner on things.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member

I know, just recently looked back at Rachel's BB9 win, there were a lot of boos but at least there were monumental efforts to drown them out with loud music and recorded cheers. It seems that the crew, this time, did not even have the decency to celebrate an Aaron win. After all the mob were not representative of the viewing public.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BB will get the media attention they dont care, its just a shame the audience werent mature enough to accept not everyone that watches BB shares their thoguhts and opinions. It seems a shock to their system they may be in the minority. :D

I felt sorry for Aaron, what a bizarre final for him, he must be as puzzled as we are!:eek: The crowd ruined it not Aaron, he handles it quite well.

Nikkis eviction is certainly the worst to date though! :D
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I think the production team will be really happy with how it all panned out though - it's opened the door for a different type of contestant to win. I've never been a fan but Aaron wasn't the type who sat on the fence and sailed through to the final by never facing eviction. He created drama and played the game. Hopefully this will encourage future housemates to actually play it rather than be the nice, inoffensive fence sitter with the free pass to the last day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of people didn't want Aaron to win. He's eminently unlikeable.

Tonight is a triumph for him and his supporters, of that there is no doubt. I think it's great, ignore BB, if a smallish percentage of people who really care can carry a widespread attitude of indifference, it's great.

My total guestimation is that Aaron probably had about 30% support from all viewers, but they really loved him. The other 70% were blah. I've made loads on this this year, Aaron at 4/1, Paddy at 5/1. I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To those with little common sense or decency.
  • Options
    TitshoundTitshound Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    To those with little common sense or decency.

If BB really cared they would have taken him out the back door with a bag over his head into a van and straight to the ward.:)
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think it was EPIC. The morons in the crowd are s**m, the best housemate took the prize.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tonight is a triumph for him and his supporters, of that there is no doubt. I think it's great, ignore BB, if a smallish percentage of people who really care can carry a widespread attitude of indifference, it's great.

My total guestimation is that Aaron probably had about 30% support from all viewers, but they really loved him. The other 70% were blah. I've made loads on this this year, Aaron at 4/1, Paddy at 5/1. I'm not complaining.

Your guestimation is completely wrong then. He kept surviving evictions, with the highest save votes totally, and won big on a night when you heard how vocal the more combined opposition was. My guestimate would be he will rank as one of the biggest overall winners on a BB final night ever - just a shame they won't be releasing the figures.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping he wouldn't win, and even I felt a bit sorry for him, and wtf was the idea of giving him the case of money to carry around the stage??

That was just wrong imo, any one of them would have looked a prat carrying that, but with the boos it just looked awful! And my heart really went out to him when Pete Burns put the boot in by being a complete pr*ck and trying to be funny asking that question about his childhood! I was so disappointed in Pete for that, as I love him!
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

~That could be said for quite a few winners. Josie last year had hardcore fans but alot of people didnt want her to win, there was noone else worth voting for in the final though. Alot of people didnt want Rachel to win, same with Antony, same with Cameron. Most of the others had more overall support I would guess.
    I also made quite a bit on Aaron winning and Alex coming 3rd, laid so much money on her to win... am chuffed. I dont think she was ever close to winning :D:D
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    mickmercer wrote: »
    Your guestimation is completely wrong then. He kept surviving evictions, with the highest save votes totally, and won big on a night when you heard how vocal the more combined opposition was. My guestimate would be he will rank as one of the biggest overall winners on a BB final night ever - just a shame they won't be releasing the figures.

I reckon Alex, Louise, Tom would have not even come to more than 15% in total. Jay and Aaron got the most votes by far. Weird they wont release the figures most shows do, even if it's just for the finals.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dialectic wrote: »
    I know, just recently looked back at Rachel's BB9 win, there were a lot of boos but at least there were monumental efforts to drown them out with loud music and recorded cheers. It seems that the crew, this time, did not even have the decency to celebrate an Aaron win. After all the mob were not representative of the viewing public.

There was no music playing when Rachel left the house. And I don't think the cheers were recorded as the only boos were from the Whisper Club and from the ones they were trying to encourage to boo. The majority of the crowd cheered and this drowned out the booing when she left, during Rachel's interview and when she walked round the stage at the end of the show.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

I've made loads on this this year, Aaron at 4/1, Paddy at 5/1. I'm not complaining.

Well all we can go on is online polls and actual votes - Aaron won both easily. All you have to go on is your personal opinion - which isn't the same as real hard evidence!
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    I reckon Alex, Louise, Tom would have not even come to more than 15% in total. Jay and Aaron got the most votes by far. Weird they wont release the figures most shows do, even if it's just for the finals.

Channel 4 always released the results after every evictiom and for the final - during each live eviction show

So not releasing the votes is clearly a C5 decision - as Endemol were happy to release them for C4.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think your in denial, it's been proven time and time again Araons support base was very diverse, if anyone had the upper hand in FB block voting it was Alex and Jay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's my right to know what the percentage of the voting was if I have paid money to vote.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed weird, I can't believe that he won with still quite a few boos. It's a good thing though. :D
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    My total guestimation is that Aaron probably had about 30% support from all viewers.

More like 70%. In all of the opinion polls throughout the whole series, Aaron has always been way way ahead of all the other housemates put together. I would be surprised if Aaron get less than 60% of the votes, even at the stage when there were five housemates to vote for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have cried for the lad. I honestly thought it was the most disgusting thing to watch, so horrible for him to come out to that when the majority of people who voted clearly voted for him to win. Moron's proabably thought they were voting to evict.

(PS I'm not an uber fan but liked him in the house and wanted him to win over Jay the Phantom Sh!tter)
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've complained to Channel 5 customer services (not OFCOM) about his treatment. It really left a bad taste in the mouth,
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me neither...last night paid for the christmas presents this year. I didn't watch but by all accounts block voting by the passionate will override popular consensus now because of the multiple way you can vote. That's why he was both booed and won. It's kinda the end of BB for me, althought after last night...i may still bet bizarrely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither......i may still bet bizarrely.

I'm not sure that's a wise move. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was very odd: it certainly wasn't a feel-good final like we used to have, with the winner jumping about like a deranged loon and the crowd going mad. I thought Brian sounded properly disconcerted by it: he sounded really nervous when he said, "Be nice, he's just won!"
    johnloony wrote: »
    More like 70%. In all of the opinion polls throughout the whole series, Aaron has always been way way ahead of all the other housemates put together. I would be surprised if Aaron get less than 60% of the votes, even at the stage when there were five housemates to vote for.
    We will never know. But by 'all the polls', Aisleyne won BB7 and Emilia won BBCH by miles.
    Me neither...last night paid for the christmas presents this year. I didn't watch but by all accounts block voting by the passionate will override popular consensus now because of the multiple way you can vote. That's why he was both booed and won. It's kinda the end of BB for me, althought after last night...i may still bet bizarrely.

I wondered if BOTS were hinting at block voting right at the end last night; I can't remember the exact words, but it was something about Aaron having 'the most passionate fans'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member

I wondered if BOTS were hinting at block voting right at the end last night; I can't remember the exact words, but it was something about Aaron having 'the most passionate fans'.

true, but also all the panalists have had weeks of abuse on twitter from aaron fans they have all jokes about it on the show, they were accusing that jamie guy of paying the contestants to say bad things about him, I think they dislike his fans more than they do aaron