Christmas number 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ&feature=related

For those who haven't already heard it this is the beautiful Millitary Wives charity single being released for christmas.

It will be interresting to see how well Little Mix do against this, it's easily the biggest competition to the X-Factor Christmas number 1 domination since RATM and with both TV and radio endorsements, it'll probably take the top spot this year.

Comments

• HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its between this and Smells Like Teen Spirit, apparently.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrdxtWgHbE

if Radio 1 listeners try hard enough.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM should get no1. doubt they will though :(
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Little Mix beat the Military Wives to #1, then the soul really has been sucked out of it yet again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ&feature=related

For those who haven't already heard it this is the beautiful Millitary Wives charity single being released for christmas.

It will be interresting to see how well Little Mix do against this, it's easily the biggest competition to the X-Factor Christmas number 1 domination since RATM and with both TV and radio endorsements, it'll probably take the top spot this year.

Well I for one hope it does. It is a credit to the military and for a great cause as well, far better than the cause called Simon greedy Cowell.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM should get no1. doubt they will though :(

LM will get no.1 this week and then someone else will get the xmas no.1 the week after, everyone wins.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I hope Little Mix get to number one they really deserve it
  • BeautifulSexy_1BeautifulSexy_1 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix have Christmas number 1 in the bag their number 1 on itunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I for one hope it does. It is a credit to the military and for a great cause as well, far better than the cause called Simon greedy Cowell.

Spot on!

...but...

...in fairness, I am sure even Cowell would be happy to be beaten this time.
  • exodus2uexodus2u Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    If Little Mix beat the Military Wives to #1, then the soul really has been sucked out of it yet again.

This.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Millitary Wives hasn't been released yet but when it is I suspect it'll whizz past LM and be the Christmas number 1 - rather fitting since it'll be announced on Christmas Day.
  • HotasfireHotasfire Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Yeah number 1 RIGHT NOW but seriously, be prepared for the closest fight ever, and don't be disappointed if Military Wives clinch this...They broke Amazon sales pre orders...And one download is not one single....Downloading works different to physical copies.

Best of luck to both...Both well deserved to be the xmas number 1...But even if the Lil Mixers don't get it...They'll still be fine...Syco knows groups, and how to manage them...Any other act is doomed.
  • steveo77steveo77 Posts: 139
    Forum Member

but the Christmas number 1 is not this week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveo77 wrote: »

Don't apply logic to your posts, she will get confused and go ape on you with exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    steveo77 wrote: »

Exactly, maybe he/she has the dates muddled up, I cannot see LM being announced as number one on Christmas DAY 25 December, in case anyone forgot which day it is. As someone has already said the pre orders alone for the Military Wives would indicate they will take that accolade this year.
  • weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    I hope Little Mix get to number one they really deserve it

Do they 'deserve it' more than bands and singers who have made it (or indeed who stay on the fringes of the music business) despite not being accorded the hype and massive marketing budget from winning a lacklustre series of a TV talent contest? More than artists who have spent years honing their performance and stage craft in front of paying customers? More than people who have got where they are on the basis of pure talent rather than on the back of a glossy TV show? Errrrrrrrr.... no. And that's before we even add in the issue of the fact they are up against a massively popular charitable cause and the 10th anniversary of the death of one of the more gifted and tortured souls in popular music history. So LM probably deserve the number 1 about as much as I deserved my A in Chemistry O level, achieved purely and simply due to sitting next to Gary Whitehead, scientist extraordinary, in the exam.
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Don't apply logic to your posts, she will get confused and go ape on you with exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And abuse you with tortured teenage spelling and grammar....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The christmas number one is in 2 weeks time not this sunday coming. So no LM dont have it in the bag.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know whether there is a device, such as those available to detect speed cameras and radar guns, which will bleep if any given establishment I am walking past is playing, or intends to play in the next half hour the Great Little Mix Cannonball Massacree? It would certainly help me enjoy my Christmas a lot more and I'd be prepared to pay up to £200 for such a device....
  • Wayne-KerrWayne-Kerr Posts: 3,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weeesel wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether there is a device, such as those available to detect speed cameras and radar guns, which will bleep if any given establishment I am walking past is playing, or intends to play in the next half hour the Great Little Mix Cannonball Massacree? It would certainly help me enjoy my Christmas a lot more and I'd be prepared to pay up to £200 for such a device....

Just avoid Radio 1 for a few weeks and don't enter into conversation with any normal, slightly tubby looking girls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Little Mix will get number 1 this week, next will be number 2, and military wives number 1... if both would release the single in the same week Little Mix would be number one by sure...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gisnow21 wrote: »
    Little Mix will get number 1 this week, next will be number 2, and military wives number 1... if both would release the single in the same week Little Mix would be number one by sure...

To be honest, I'm not so sure about that... I think there would still be a bit of a ding-dong, the Military Wives seem to have considerable backing.
    Forum Member
    Wayne-Kerr wrote: »
    Just avoid Radio 1 for a few weeks and don't enter into conversation with any normal, slightly tubby looking girls

I wish it were that simple.... pubs, supermarkets, malls, clubs, all are fraught with danger now.....
    Forum Member
    gisnow21 wrote: »

Please come back and repeat that when you see how many each sell..

Oh and the person who wants a device to stop him hearing the song by LM.. someone mentioned radio one, well I avoid that anyway, and was thinking well I am okay, then hell bloody radio two played it.. so avoid that as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please come back and repeat that when you see how many each sell..

Oh and the person who wants a device to stop him hearing the song by LM.. someone mentioned radio one, well I avoid that anyway, and was thinking well I am okay, then hell bloody radio two played it.. so avoid that as well.

So the best bet would be to not have the radio on and just play my Ipod. :)