Options

Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Hells_ChickenHells_Chicken Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »

I'm no theatre student but one of my flatmates was in my first year of Uni and is "Stanislavsky" a thing? The whole "make your audience feel weird"/"alienate the audience" theory.

No, Thats Brechtian theatre. Stanislavsky wanted to include the audience, remove the 4th wall, and make you believe that you were watching real life.

I loved this episode. I thought Quinns stuff was cute, I loved Puck, Becky and the crowns, and I loved loved loved Blaine's hair! Most of all I liked that they made Rachel Prom Queen, I got a bit emotional at that bit!

I'm quite looking forward to next week... I've seen the photographs and it looks like its going to be very funny!
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this is what you mean, but there's two weeks left, two episodes next week (Props and Nationals) and then the final episode of the season is the week after that, "Goodbye".

Photos from props, I don't know how to do i without posting the entire page :o but it's post 56! :D

http://www.gleeforum.com/index.php/topic/31029-whos-playing-who/page__st__40
    Blaine and Mark is hysterical.

Opps - thought there was just one left:o

Out on a double bang then hopefully:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's was pretty decent, it definitely feels like it's near the end.

Next week's looks cracktastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AJR3mrkMIlE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this years prom episode the best Glee episode ever? No...No, it was not but it was still a good episode. Sweet in some parts, amusing in others. Didn't think much of it music wise but 'BGDC' was lovely because it came from an emotional place not just "lets sing a song for the sake of it".

Loved that Brittany couldn't tell the difference between the girl on Prom committee and Rachel apart...

Much more looking forward to next weeks double episode whammy but I'd be looking forward to Props on it's own regardless!

As for Props?....well....
    Santartie did NOT disappoint! That...is....hysterical! Lea looks phenomenal as a goth. Jayne looks awesome as Mr. Schue...the vest makes her and Ellen look even more similar than they already joke about. Love seeing Merce-Britt and Art-tana pretending to kiss in the photo they took...Dianna playing 'Sugar' was really class too

I bet that was a really fun day on set!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Thats Brechtian theatre. Stanislavsky wanted to include the audience, remove the 4th wall, and make you believe that you were watching real life.

Brecht! That's the one! Shows what I know lol So totally off topic...are they kind of opposites of each other? One wants to freak out the audience, the other wants you to be SO involved?
  • Options
    konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about the episode.
    I loved when Britanny was in charge and had to "think" everything through - those silly rules like DINASAUR theme and no gel cause it's not prehistoric and that she read in Bible that dinosaures lived with prehistoric men for million of years.... hilarious!
    I thought that Becky/Puck was so adorable- I love how Becky vocalises Queen and her attitude in general.

I didnt quite believe Quinn and Santana giving Prom Queen crown to Rachel, ok maybe it;s believable but not too realistic - but I loved that Rachel at least got something:P

WHen it comes to songs I liked only Love u Like a lovesong and Dinosaur for the choreography.

But I didnt get any deep feelings about the episode, like the rest of the series. Hope next one will be EPIC
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two episodes next week! TWO! I can't wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Don't actually watch Glee, but watched new episode of US Office just, and the episode was focused on the cast having a Glee party, and they all watched a glee episode together. Apparently, the episode was 'Duets', and the snippet of a song that was on was the Glee Cast version of 'River Deep Mountain High' :D and i thought ....it was....incredible. Lol. Just sounded so freakin' cool.

I think i'll now get into Glee. I've got songs of theirs on my ipod but never seen the actual episodes. Anyway thats all really, just wanted to express how amazing Glee Cast is. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konofilius wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about the episode.
    I loved when Britanny was in charge and had to "think" everything through - those silly rules like DINASAUR theme and no gel cause it's not prehistoric and that she read in Bible that dinosaures lived with prehistoric men for million of years.... hilarious!
    I thought that Becky/Puck was so adorable- I love how Becky vocalises Queen and her attitude in general.

I didnt quite believe Quinn and Santana giving Prom Queen crown to Rachel, ok maybe it;s believable but not too realistic - but I loved that Rachel at least got something:P

WHen it comes to songs I liked only Love u Like a lovesong and Dinosaur for the choreography.

But I didnt get any deep feelings about the episode, like the rest of the series. Hope next one will be EPIC

I think, as far as Quinn goes, it is very believeable. I mean Quinn craved acceptance throughout all three seasons, even at the start it was the basis of her character. All she needed was to know that people did accept her and as soon as she knew she'd one, that was enough. It was never about the title for her, but what it meant to have everyone appreciate her and that. So as soon as she had that, it was easy for her to hand it to Rachel because that makes more of a difference than would be made if the 'obvious' candidate one (even though her winning would be pretty amazing considering how more crap she's had to battle against). I guess it's also glee club rubbing off on her and Santana, making them decide that if they win it doesn't really mean anything, they're just another cheerleader to win prom queen. If they hand it over to Rachel, they tell people that being the individual, the outsider etc is okay. It's very season1 thinking imo.

That sneak peek is hysterical.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brecht! That's the one! Shows what I know lol So totally off topic...are they kind of opposites of each other? One wants to freak out the audience, the other wants you to be SO involved?

Not exactly no, Stanislavski is famous for getting actors to discover the emotions of the characters they're playing, it's "method" acting, which is where the actors become the characters they're playing. You're supposed to feel that you're watching "reality" and not a play.
    The actor is supposed to try and find the emotional centre of the role and then use that to drive their performance :)

Bertolt Brecht was a Marxist who came up with the theory that watching a play should be done with a critical dispassionate eye so that the audience is able to examine what's going on and see the subtle differences. Ie they should be able to spot if one character is suffering a social injustice and be inspired by what was happening on the stage to try and change the world. His theory is one where the audience should always remember they're watching a depiction of reality not be so immersed that they forget they're watching actors performing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woosher wrote: »
    Don't actually watch Glee, but watched new episode of US Office just, and the episode was focused on the cast having a Glee party, and they all watched a glee episode together. Apparently, the episode was 'Duets', and the snippet of a song that was on was the Glee Cast version of 'River Deep Mountain High' :D and i thought ....it was....incredible. Lol. Just sounded so freakin' cool.

I think i'll now get into Glee. I've got songs of theirs on my ipod but never seen the actual episodes. Anyway thats all really, just wanted to express how amazing Glee Cast is. :)

What a cool way to get into Glee. I've heard about that episode of the Office but I don't watch it so I've never sought it out.

Definitely start from Season 1 (don't let episode 3 distract you...thats about as awful as Glee gets in my humble opinion), it's some of the best stuff (in particular "Wheels") and work your way through from the start :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree (but I enjoyed Accafellas!). Pay close attention to Santana, as she goes from pretty background extra to most awesome woman in the world!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Not exactly no, Stanislavski is famous for getting actors to discover the emotions of the characters they're playing, it's "method" acting, which is where the actors become the characters they're playing. You're supposed to feel that you're watching "reality" and not a play.
    The actor is supposed to try and find the emotional centre of the role and then use that to drive their performance :)

Bertolt Brecht was a Marxist who came up with the theory that watching a play should be done with a critical dispassionate eye so that the audience is able to examine what's going on and see the subtle differences. Ie they should be able to spot if one character is suffering a social injustice and be inspired by what was happening on the stage to try and change the world. His theory is one where the audience should always remember they're watching a depiction of reality not be so immersed that they forget they're watching actors performing.

Ooo, I'm learnding :D That's really cool, thanks for explaining :D

Side note: Remember the rumours for Season 2 Episode 1 where the episode was going to be "line" themed with songs like "Telephone" and "Walk the Line"?...Well I'm still peeved they never had Rachel sing "There's a fine, fine line" from Avenue Q...

Listen (if you don't know it and you'll see what I mean)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMQncV05aOk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I agree (but I enjoyed Accafellas!). Pay close attention to Santana, as she goes from pretty background extra to most awesome woman in the world!

I love that we can all be sagely and give advice on the show now :D Awh, now I'm sad it's almost over for the year again :(

I never liked Santana until she
    came out
    and I don't know why? I think it's a bias and perhaps because it helped explain her a whole lot more.

Major turning point was "Rumour has it / Someone Like You" musically for me and Santana...She is just PHENOMENAL in that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that we can all be sagely and give advice on the show now :D Awh, now I'm sad it's almost over for the year again :(

came out
    and I don't know why? I think it's a bias and perhaps because it helped explain her a whole lot more.

Major turning point was "Rumour has it / Someone Like You" musically for me and Santana...She is just PHENOMENAL in that...

I love how polite this threat is, spoilering something that happened over a year ago! :D I think my overall turning moment with her was Landslide, for the character, actress and music. Before that she was quite often a hit and miss character, though the miss moments tended to be when she did something wrong to Quinn:
    Sexting Puck, ending Quam, etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    What a cool way to get into Glee. I've heard about that episode of the Office but I don't watch it so I've never sought it out.

Definitely start from Season 1 (don't let episode 3 distract you...thats about as awful as Glee gets in my humble opinion), it's some of the best stuff (in particular "Wheels") and work your way through from the start :D
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Wow, thankyou for the reply. US Office is great, (but this thread is about Glee!) check out the episode online, it promoted Glee is a positive way, which is cool.

Its showing on SKY1 daily at the moment at 4PM, so ill series link it. But its on Series 1 Episode 14 tomorrow, and it is going in order which is great. Would you recommend me watching the first 13 online, or would starting from 14 be ok and not totally lose me?

Somebody to love is ...FANTASTIC! :D

Santana..right! gotcha! :)
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww! I really liked that episode. :D

Really liked all the Puck and Becky stuff, very sweet. She cracks me up. :D

Quinn and Santana were great aswell. Really liked at the end when they were and Santana helped Quinn stand.

I liked that Rachel got Prom Queen, it may have been very believable for people but I dont know, it just kind of was good that she got it. :)

The episode as a whole had the right mix of sweet moments and funny moments and I thought the music was good when you saw it in the episode. My fave song was What Makes You Beautiful, that song is seriously my guilty pleasure :o, also really liked Take My Breath Away.

Probably the only thing I didnt like in the whole episode was how Finn acted towards Quinn at the Prom. I mean, I understand where he was coming from and if he had just shouted at her to get up than that would have been fine, but it was when he was trying to like drag her out of the chair I just felt it was going a bit far.

Cant wait for next week!! :D
    Ive seen the sneak peek and I cant wait to see Santana and Artie (that ponytail is hilarious! :D), Dianna as Sugar in the clip was really funny aswell. I think Kurt as Finn could be really funny aswell, just the thought of it made me think of when Kurt dated Brittany in season 1. Oh and I want to hear Chords Irish accent. :D
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

came out

Santanas always been one of my favorites (but then so is pretty much all the cast :o), and when I heard her I thought she was brilliant, always really like listening to her when she has a song. :)

Agree though, she was brilliant in RHI/SLY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you recommend me watching the first 13 online, or would starting from 14 be ok and not totally lose me?

No you do ideally need to watch from the start otherwise you miss quite a lot of the subtle story lines so I'd catch those online first before watching the replays on Sky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

came out

I love how polite this threat is, spoilering something that happened over a year ago! :D I think my overall turning moment with her was Landslide, for the character, actress and music. Before that she was quite often a hit and miss character, though the miss moments tended to be when she did something wrong to Quinn:
    Sexting Puck, ending Quam, etc
    Santanas always been one of my favorites (but then so is pretty much all the cast :o), and when I heard her I thought she was brilliant, always really like listening to her when she has a song. :)

Agree though, she was brilliant in RHI/SLY.

Santana's one of those characters I never really paid attention to until the back 9 of the first season - it was the Madonna episode I started finding her funny. Last season she was great, this season I'll like her one episode, hate her the next - for me they've overdone her bitchiness, it seems gratuitous these days and not even that funny anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't look like Amber Riley will be back for S4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    doesn't look like Amber Riley will be back for S4

Source?
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18018666

she confirmed it on her twitter as well, looks like Quinn prob wont be bk either
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, thankyou for the reply. US Office is great, (but this thread is about Glee!) check out the episode online, it promoted Glee is a positive way, which is cool.

Its showing on SKY1 daily at the moment at 4PM, so ill series link it. But its on Series 1 Episode 14 tomorrow, and it is going in order which is great. Would you recommend me watching the first 13 online, or would starting from 14 be ok and not totally lose me?

No definitely watch from episode 1, most of the seasons plot's start from that point and it might be confusing starting from 14. Also some of the best moments overall are in the first 13 episodes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Will Sky be showing the two hour episode?

Yes it's classed as two episodes (Props and Nationals) and it starts at 8pm next Thursday
This discussion has been closed.