Borgen series 2 - Danish political drama Saturdays BBC4 - no spoilers allowed. Tak

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Starting this Saturday at 9pm

Comments

• scotchscotch Posts: 10,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this!
  • FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a scrumptious way of starting the New Year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    We just saw the first episode Borgen season 3 in Denmark.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Do you need to watch season 1 first? Thanks. :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zulu99 wrote: »
    We just saw the first episode Borgen season 3 in Denmark.

Is it true that Season 3 will be the last one??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Do you need to watch season 1 first? Thanks. :)

I would say that you would have to really
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I would say that you would have to really

Thanks for info, no way I can watch 10 episodes before Saturday :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Is it true that Season 3 will be the last one??

Yes season 3 is the last. Right now they are working on The Bridge season 2, and a new series called "The legacy".

The Legacy have been sold to the UK also, dont know which channel, but BBC4 would be a smart guess.

Pernilla August Ready To Shoot Danish TV Series
    Swedish star actress Pernilla August (pictured with key writer Maya Ilsøe) who caught the critics and international festivals' attention with her directorial debut Beyond will start filming on September 17 her first TV series. Arven efter Veronika (English working title 'The Legacy') will be Danish public broadcaster DR's new Sunday prime time TV series after Borgen.

Trine Dyrholm, Jesper Christensen, Kirsten Olesen and Mikkel Boe Følsgaard will be among the key characters of this family saga about the '68 generation and their children. Maya Ilsøe who wrote DR's Christmas calendars Absalon's Secret (2006) and The Pact (2009) is key writer and show runner of the 10 part TV drama.

Arven efter Veronika follows four children who live scattered from each other until their mother Veronika's death forces them to come together and deal with her inheritance. Family secrets and lies suddenly are unearthed. "[The series] is about growing up in the 60s and the impact of hippy and flamboyant parents on their children's future lives," said DR's Head of Drama Piv Bernth. For Nadia Kløvedal Reich, DR Head of Fiction, the series is about the ‘68 generation, their vision of family and society compared to the present.

Christian Rank (Lykke) is producing for DR Fiktion. The premiere on DR1 is set for early 2014
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    It seems that ep 1 of series 3 of Borgen got its highest ever ratings on DR1 with over 1.76 million watching on New Years Day.

Heres a review of Unit One / Rejseholdet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/jan/03/your-next-box-set-unit-one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zulu99 wrote: »
    Yes season 3 is the last. Right now they are working on The Bridge season 2, and a new series called "The legacy".

The Legacy have been sold to the UK also, dont know which channel, but BBC4 would be a smart guess.

Pernilla August Ready To Shoot Danish TV Series
    Swedish star actress Pernilla August (pictured with key writer Maya Ilsøe) who caught the critics and international festivals' attention with her directorial debut Beyond will start filming on September 17 her first TV series. Arven efter Veronika (English working title 'The Legacy') will be Danish public broadcaster DR's new Sunday prime time TV series after Borgen.

Trine Dyrholm, Jesper Christensen, Kirsten Olesen and Mikkel Boe Følsgaard will be among the key characters of this family saga about the '68 generation and their children. Maya Ilsøe who wrote DR's Christmas calendars Absalon's Secret (2006) and The Pact (2009) is key writer and show runner of the 10 part TV drama.

Arven efter Veronika follows four children who live scattered from each other until their mother Veronika's death forces them to come together and deal with her inheritance. Family secrets and lies suddenly are unearthed. "[The series] is about growing up in the 60s and the impact of hippy and flamboyant parents on their children's future lives," said DR's Head of Drama Piv Bernth. For Nadia Kløvedal Reich, DR Head of Fiction, the series is about the ‘68 generation, their vision of family and society compared to the present.

Christian Rank (Lykke) is producing for DR Fiktion. The premiere on DR1 is set for early 2014

Interesting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borgen gets a simulcast on BBC HD tomorrow.

Spies of Warsaw will be shown on BBC HD the week after at 11pm following Borgen eps 3 and 4. That's according to Radio Times. So no simulcast for Spies of Warsaw on BBC HD when it premieres on BBC 4. Could this be the future as BBC HD is supposed to become BBC 2 HD very soon? (Chenks has reported the change over could be as soon as April. But no definite date announced as yet.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very excited about this. The first series was brilliant television!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very excited about this. The first series was brilliant television!

Yes indeed. May do a rewatch of S1 to get me in the mood.

I'm tipping we will see Philip in his vest within the first 10mins(in honour of our boy Svartman;):D:D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I know this is a borgen thread , but does anyone know how they are going to work "The Bridge 2"? considering it was circumstance that brought the characters together?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fleabag wrote: »
    I know this is a borgen thread , but does anyone know how they are going to work "The Bridge 2"? considering it was circumstance that brought the characters together?

The Bridge 2 - The case of the woman overboard on the Swedish/Danish Öresund cross channel ferry?
    Forum Member
    The Bridge 2 - The case of the woman overboard on the Swedish/Danish Öresund cross channel ferry?

Well it was about the discovery of two bodies (halved) in the middle of the bridge that connects sweden to denmark – I just hope both Saga and Martin will both be in the show is what I was hoping to find out:) I,ll just have to have patience and wait and see – sorry didn’t mean to change the topic from Borgen just someone had mentioned it above. Really really looking forward to Borgen II tomorrow its taking the Jan gloom away - I am planning my snacks already;)
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleabag wrote: »
    Well it was about the discovery of two bodies (halved) in the middle of the bridge that connects sweden to denmark – I just hope both Saga and Martin will both be in the show is what I was hoping to find out:)

Well The Bridge page on Facebook put up a photo yesterday of Sofia and the guy who plays Martin (can't remember his name) with the caption 'Back together again'. I guess it was taken on set so I'm guessing they are both in it but can't say for sure.

*Edit* Possible spoiler for people who don't want to know absolutely anything about TB series 2 -

Have just seen another photo album on there with photos from the set and yes they are both in it.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I did the decent thing and searched before starting a new thread. Well done OP.

I'm unashamedly bumping this because I missed the first half-hour of the first episode of series one - twice! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to this!

In other news: was strolling through a well known High Street music/DVD shop this afternoon when I spotted a box set of all three series of 'The Killing' on sale for just under £50. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I didn't have my credit card to hand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all

I'm a bit behind with Borgen and only just got round to watching series 1 last night :o

Loving it so far and the title sequence is very Saul Bass
    Forum Member
    Well The Bridge page on Facebook put up a photo yesterday of Sofia and the guy who plays Martin (can't remember his name) with the caption 'Back together again'. I guess it was taken on set so I'm guessing they are both in it but can't say for sure.

*Edit* Possible spoiler for people who don't want to know absolutely anything about TB series 2 -

Have just seen another photo album on there with photos from the set and yes they are both in it.

Brilliant thanks for letting me know :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPlayer details for Borgen S2 have appeared on the BBC4 website.

Borgen - Series 2 iPlayer availability
    Due to rights reasons there will be no option to download any episodes from series 2 of Borgen, nor will it be available on Series Catch-up.

The series will be available to stream in standard definition and in HD for seven days following each individual episode’s broadcast.

Similar to what happened with TK3 I think.
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do posters reckon it would be fairly easy to pick this up if you havent watched series one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do posters reckon it would be fairly easy to pick this up if you haven't watched series one?

Don't see why not.

Short Season 1 recap here. Don't scroll down too far if you want to avoid reading about Season 2 - which has aired already in Denmark.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgen_(TV_series)#Season_1

If you really take to the programme then you can hunt down Season 1 if you want. Season 3 is airing in Denmark now.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do posters reckon it would be fairly easy to pick this up if you havent watched series one?

Yeah I think so. Each ep is more or less self-contained i.e. 'political adventure of the week' so it's mainly Birgitte's home life and the Kasper/Katrine stuff that's a constant from week to week.