OUYA the £100 Android console launches today

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    £100 actually seems rather expensive as its essentially a Nexus 7 without the screen (which its self is a year old now).

A year old! Blimey what a fogey! :D

To be fair, whatever they say about it, the Tegra 3 is still a very capable bit of kit. Games that are specifically made for it often look pretty fantastic IMHO.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    A year old! Blimey what a fogey! :D

To be fair, whatever they say about it, the Tegra 3 is still a very capable bit of kit. Games that are specifically made for it often look pretty fantastic IMHO.

I paid £99 for my 360 which is a far better buy IMO. If this was £50 then maybe.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I paid £125 for my PS3 Slim 320GB the year it first came out which was an even better buy.

The Ouya is the most over hyped games console ever.... and it's crap. Maybe if the creators actually took the console in the direction they planned originally it'd be much better. But now all they've made is an android device which plugs in to your TV. Like the £10 sticks you can buy on ebay.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pebble watch is a watch with a computer in it.
    So why mention it in a thread, and sub-forum, about games consoles?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    So why mention it in a thread, and sub-forum, about games consoles?

Exactly what I was wondering. I know what a Pebble watch is... unless alanwarwic was suggesting that a Pebble watch is a better prospect than an Ouya... but, even then, I'm not entirely sure of the game-playing prospects of a Pebble... :confused:
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Exactly what I was wondering. I know what a Pebble watch is... unless alanwarwic was suggesting that a Pebble watch is a better prospect than an Ouya... but, even then, I'm not entirely sure of the game-playing prospects of a Pebble... :confused:

I doub't it would be up to much given the refresh rates of e-paper displays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to have a play this weekend, I quite like it, there's nothing too exciting on there yet but it has potential, enjoyed playing Shadowgun with a controller for once.