Options

Have I Got News For You. Series 49

davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The latest series starts this Friday with guest host Daniel Radcliffe. Regular team captains Paul Merton and Ian Hislop are joined by panellists Diane Morgan and Armando Iannucci.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Accidentally thought of Diane Abbott then and though Oh No! but pleased that it's Miss Morgan instead.

I wonder if she'll act naturally or add some of her Cunk persona?
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the April 24th episode Jeremy Clarkson as guest host is joined by (I suspect) Hammond and May on the teams.

I'm not kidding..

This could be one of the most watched TV shows this year.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the following week Jeremy Clarkson as guest host is joined by (I suspect) Hammond and May.

I'm not kidding..

Anyone think the BBC is running scared of Clarkson, having him host one of their shows?

I love HIGNFY but won't watch the Clarkson episode, can't stand the man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Anyone think the BBC is running scared of Clarkson, having him host one of their shows?

It's not the beeb's decision who hosts or guests on HIGNFY also I guess they could refuse to broadcast it if they were stubborn enough.

I've also wondered about him being on the new series of QI (don't know if he is scheduled to be).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's not the beeb's decision who hosts or guests on HIGNFY also I guess they could refuse to broadcast it if they were stubborn enough.

I've also wondered about him being on the new series of QI (don't know if he is scheduled to be).

BIB I didn't know that. I thought as it is a beeb program that they have the right to say who appears.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    The BBC will be responsible to some degree, surely? It does seem incredibly hypocritical to oust him for unacceptable conduct and then allow him to take part in another show so quickly.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought as it is a beeb program

It's produced by an independent company.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    And he was lined up to front one edition of it long before the famous fracas occurred.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I won’t watch it, either, if he’s on. Ian Hislop isn’t a fan of Clarkson, he complained that Clarkson has assaulted others, himself included.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the April 24th episode Jeremy Clarkson as guest host is joined by (I suspect) Hammond and May on the teams.

I'm not kidding..

This could be one of the most watched TV shows this year.

I'm expecting a standing ovation from the crowd when he enters or something equally sycophantic
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »
    I'm expecting a standing ovation from the crowd when he enters or something equally sycophantic
    I'd have thought that the audiences for HIGNFY and Top Gear would be totally different.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky Coren Mitchell hosts week Friday. David is the luckiest man in the world.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    On the ad for the new series, are we meant to recognise the chap in the middle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    On the ad for the new series, are we meant to recognise the chap in the middle?

If you mean the host for the first week, it's Daniel Radcliffe = Harry Potter.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Vicky Coren Mitchell hosts week Friday. David is the luckiest man in the world.

Is it just me or has she put on a little bit of weight over the past few years?

Either that or she's with child
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope they get Brian Blessed as host again - the guy is just pure dead brilliant!
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Hope they get Brian Blessed as host again - the guy is just pure dead brilliant!

'you're gay??'
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    If you mean the host for the first week, it's Daniel Radcliffe = Harry Potter.
    Is it him? I honestly didn't recognise him:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Is it him? I honestly didn't recognise him:blush:

It is, unless you've seen a different pic than I have :confused:
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or has she put on a little bit of weight over the past few years?

Either that or she's with child

She announced in March that she's pregnant. Obviously not over the past few years though :D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No JC. Gutted. I bet they are too as it would have been a huge ratings winner.

“On reflection, Jeremy Clarkson has decided not to host Have I Got News For You. We fully expect him to resume his hosting duties later in the year.”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No JC. Gutted. I bet they are too as it would have been a huge ratings winner.

“On reflection, Jeremy Clarkson has decided not to host Have I Got News For You. We fully expect him to resume his hosting duties later in the year.”
    Probably a senisble decision by him but also out of character as I suspect he would have liked the publicity and the back and forth with Hislop over recent events.

Maybe the beeb had a word and said sit this one out and don't rock the boat as they might have other projects lined up for him in the future. Just let all the recent fuss die down.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Probably a senisble decision by him but also out of character as I suspect he would have liked the publicity and the back and forth with Hislop over recent events.

Maybe the beeb had a word and said sit this one out and don't rock the boat as they might have other projects lined up for him in the future. Just let all the recent fuss die down.

Maybe the BBC hasn't spoken to him since the report as he was booked by Hat Trick and he realised how bad he'd be made to look by the Boy Scout & the numbskull with a CSE in woodwork?
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Maybe the BBC hasn't spoken to him since the report as he was booked by Hat Trick and he realised how bad he'd be made to look by the Boy Scout & the numbskull with a CSE in woodwork?

He's made himself look bad really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Given his previous appearances i'd say he'd like the battle with Hislop. Not sure Merton would be really bothered.

It's a moot point anyway as it's not happening. Presumably he will be back in the winter series when things will have died down a bit.