Options

Women not treating men as equals again...

Hibernian88Hibernian88 Posts: 240
Forum Member
It's about time men reacted to this on it.

If women are allowed to shout at men, then's what's wrong with men shouting at women?!

What happened to fairness or feminism shouts for "equality"?

P.s Harriet was telling someone else to shut up minutes before Danny said shut up to her. She needs to acknowledge her own actions before she criticises others. She even said shut up to everyone after the argument too.

Comments

• Options
    DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This would have really annoyed me if I was in Danny's shoes, especially when Sarah brought it up too. I expected such behaviour from UKIP Sket but I thought Sarah had a bit more dignity.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was absurd, both Harriet and Sarah harping on about how Danny shouldn't have spoken to a woman like that. So, Harriet shouting at Joel was fine?
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah any one can tell any one else to shut up regardless of sex i see no problem there. Whos in the right or wrong is a separate discussion thats just case by case :D
  • Options
    PiperRoXPiperRoX Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE how whenever equality of the sexes come up, the first thing that men want is the ability to either be able to hit, or shout at women. Speaks volumes. No, they never mention being able to express their emotions, just as women are free to do. Nope. It is that they should be able to hit women, and shout at them. Then there will be equality. -_-
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Isn't it just time that people stop using gender as their measure of how far they can go in an argument?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PiperRoX wrote: »
    I LOVE how whenever equality of the sexes come up, the first thing that men want is the ability to either be able to hit, or shout at women. Speaks volumes. No, they never mention being able to express their emotions, just as women are free to do. Nope. It is that they should be able to hit women, and shout at them. Then there will be equality. -_-
    No. You're being ridiculous here. Who mentioned hit.. ? No decent guy did and no decent guy would. Thats totally different to saying shut up to some one. Very different.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Who mentioned hitting? Did Danny hit Harriet?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who said anything about hitting women?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    No. You're being ridiculous here. Who mentioned hit.. ? No decent guy did and no decent guy would. Thats totally different to saying shut up to some one. Very different.

Did I say that anybody on here mentioned hitting??? You're being ridiculous now, in your assuming. *Raises eyebrow* It was a social commentary, pertaining to the fact that when you bring up equality amongst the sexes to men, or boys, their first response is often about being able to do something hostile to women. They don't want to discuss other more productive avenues of equality. They usually jump to violence or hostility towards women - that they should be allowed to either hit or be aggressive towards women, because that would makes things 'equal.' The hitting came up, along with my comment about the shouting, because those are the two 'equality requests,' that you often hear from men/boys when equality comes up.

That was my point. And if you did not get it the first time, then it is because you did not want to. I did not say that anybody mentioned hitting. Look a little closer at how you take things, before calling people ridiculous.
  • Options
    chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    The two of them worked it out nicely both acknowledging how their buttons were pushed.
    This isn't a feminist issue, but could men please erm 'Shut Up!!' when it comes to feminism if they don't intend to support it, you are so blatantly ignorant of the reality of inequality for women world wide that you don't seem to realise how offensive it is to belittle the concept of feminism or try to simplify it in any way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I say that anybody on here mentioned hitting??? You're being ridiculous now, in your assuming. *Raises eyebrow* It was a social commentary, pertaining to the fact that when you bring up equality amongst the sexes to men, or boys, their first response is often about being able to do something hostile to women. They don't want to discuss other more productive avenues of equality. They usually jump to violence or hostility towards women - that they should be allowed to either hit or be aggressive towards women, because that would makes things 'equal.'

That was my point. And if you did not get it the first time, then it is because you did not want to. I did not say that anybody mentioned hitting. Look a little closer at how you take things, before calling people ridiculous.
    Well three or four of us see what you wrote. It was ridiculous to put saying shut up to some one and hitting in the same post. Remember the context originally is what happened in BB too two women saying he cant tell a female to shut up. Theres no harm in that i don't see why any one cant actually say shut up to any one else.

I took it from what you actually wrote in the post nothing more or less than that to it.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't assume all women side with Harriet and Sarah, for me they played on the female card. Harriet was being in your face and shouting the odds, Danny was right to give it back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Please don't assume all women side with Harriet and Sarah, for me they played on the female card. Harriet was being in your face and shouting the odds, Danny was right to give it back.

Exactly.
  • Options
    i am godi am god Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    harriet would knock 10 bells out of him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    Well three or four of us see what you wrote. It was ridiculous to put saying shut up to some one and hitting in the same post. Remember the context originally is what happened in BB too two women saying he cant tell a female to shut up. Theres no harm in that i don't see why any one cant actually say shut up to any one else.

I took it from what you actually wrote in the post nothing more or less than that to it.

I disagree. Especially when those are the two phrases that crop up the most when the topic of equality is posed???????? Your comment is ridiculous to me, purely for the fact that what I said was more than valid within this context. I did not accuse anybody in my post of talking about hitting. I was the one who mentioned the hitting, along with the shouting. Hitting, along with shouting, are hostile acts. That was my point - that when presented with the subject of equality, men often go to that negative space of wanting to shout at or get aggressive with women. It happens. It highlights a small portion of the disdain that the sexes have for one another.

You took what I said wrong then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i am god wrote: »
    harriet would knock 10 bells out of him

Not that she should think she could of course
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that she should think she could of course
    i wouldn't cross her
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous notion that the girl who uses the F word at least twice in any sentence should think she should be treated like some delicate flower and can't be told to shut up.

I'm disappointed in Sarah that she backed her up on it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wouldn't cross her

That wasn't my point.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chelle6 wrote: »
    The two of them worked it out nicely both acknowledging how their buttons were pushed.
    This isn't a feminist issue, but could men please erm 'Shut Up!!' when it comes to feminism if they don't intend to support it, you are so blatantly ignorant of the reality of inequality for women world wide that you don't seem to realise how offensive it is to belittle the concept of feminism or try to simplify it in any way.

Oh good grief.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wouldn't cross her

Neither would I. :o
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous notion that the girl who uses the F word at least twice in any sentence should think she should be treated like some delicate flower and can't be told to shut up.

I'm disappointed in Sarah that she backed her up on it too.

Didn't you know opinionated independent women like Sarah need a card to fall back on when they've taken it too far.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither would I. :o
    wouldn't mind a little fumble under the quilt though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. Especially when those are the two phrases that crop up the most when the topic of equality is posed???????? Your comment is ridiculous to me, purely for the fact that what I said was more than valid within this context. I did not accuse anybody in my post of talking about hitting. I was the one who mentioned the hitting, along with the shouting. Hitting, along with shouting, are hostile acts. That was my point - that when presented with the subject of equality, men often go to that negative space of wanting to shout at or get aggressive with women. It happens. It highlights a small portion of the disdain that the sexes have for one another.

You took what I said wrong then.
    How was 'hitting' valid in the context of the disagreement that Harriet and Sarah and Danny had in the house. What part of my comment is ridiculous ? So a man cant simply say shut up to a female ? Thats the actual discussion until you decided to add other things into the mix in your original post in this thread.

Yes some men treat women like crap just like some women treat men like crap.

Any of that is very wrong.. i think the vast majority will agree there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Didn't you know opinionated independent women like Sarah need a card to fall back on when they've taken it too far.;-)
    In fact i've had partners when during a discussions/argument would of had even more of a go at me if i just stood there and didn't say any thing back at all such as.. shut up will ya :D