Options

Cher Lloyd saying she won't sing with Cheryl unless Cheryl sings live

Comments

• Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher obviously doesn't realise that most of her fans are Cheryl fans as well.
  • Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    So she said Cheryl mimed. Big deal. It gets said on here all the time. Cher gets a lot of crap about being a gypsy and she doesn't deserve it.

LOL if you are going to make catty comments, don't try and make out like you are all sweetness and light. There's a bit of mean-spiritedness in all of us and as long as you don't take it too far, it's harmless human nature to find fault in others.

She seems like a cocky horrible girl. She deserves everything she gets. If she can give itshe should learn to take it.

Like I said before she's totally and completely unlikeable. That MY opinion and I would appreciate YOU not telling me how I should think!
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly girl, I don't like Cole but you really shouldn't start slagging people off like that, she'll be back behind an Asda checkout sooner than Cole with her industry connections.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing just occurred to me. Most other people, in response to the question about duetting with Cheryl, would probably have answered with a simple "yes" or "no". Cher, on the other hand, actually went out of her way to allude to Cheryl's history of miming. That may have been the mis-step that a lot of you guys noticed before me, in which case I agree that that was wrong. It seems unlikely that the interviewers would have brought that up themselves so I'll concede that was almost completely Cher's fault.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sanah wrote: »
    She seems like a cocky horrible girl. She deserves everything she gets. If she can give itshe should learn to take it.

Like I said before she's totally and completely unlikeable. That MY opinion and I would appreciate YOU not telling me how I should think!
    I gave my opinion that Cher doesn't deserve to get crap for being a gypsy and nowhere did I tell you what you should think. I am going to suggest that you calm down and stop being so defensive and confrontational over imaginery slights :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    And Cheryl gets a lot of crap for being a 'chav' and she doesn't deserve it either.
    Big difference there though. You can't help being born a gypsy, which is a distinct community of people. Chav is a term that can be applied to anyone of any background depending on how they conduct themselves.
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis was someone who gave Cheryl a break yet she was always so rude to him on the X Factor #unapprectiationisugly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura P wrote: »
    I know what you're saying and I do agree...maybe I should have said spiteful rather than mean-spirited? Or is that the same? I don't like wishing ill on anyone but people like Cher really rile me so I'm making an exception. I do hold some hope though that she might grow out of her bad attitude, as she's still really young. But something tells me all her bravado is natural and that she was brought up to think her shit doesn't stink.
    I see where you are coming from and I can totally understand why Cher gets up people's noses but I don't think she deserves all of the stuff she gets. Some of it is uncalled for. Maybe she will grow out of her bad attitude :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seal b wrote: »
    Louis was someone who gave Cheryl a break yet she was always so rude to him on the X Factor #unapprectiationisugly
    *snap* :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the problems is that Cowell and Cole (and the producers) bent over backwards to try and engineer Cher winning the show, even changing the rules at the last minute to keep her in when she should have been eliminated. They acted like she was the second coming and the future of music and she's obviously believed her own hype.
    Now they appear to realise her ego has gotten out of control, thanks to them, they're falling over each other to distance themselves from her and her attitude but they were the ones who allowed that attitude to develop and actively encouraged igt.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Buster65 wrote: »
    To put that Radio On Big Weekend performance into perspective, have a listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31YDyxbS5k

Is anyone going to say Mariah Carey can't sing?

I dont see the comparison really. Mariah has sung live countless amount of times, she may not get it spot on everytime but she has more than proved that she is a good singer. Cheryl has sung livr as a solo performer a handful of times and one of them is bloody awful, whilst the others are ok.
  • Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I gave my opinion that Cher doesn't deserve to get crap for being a gypsy and nowhere did I tell you what you should think. I am going to suggest that you calm down and stop being so defensive and confrontational over imaginery slights :rolleyes:

Just like I gave mine..

As for the gypsy thing, who cares. Its her bad attitude that the majority. of the people cant stand. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The difference being X Factor is panto, Cher's comments were not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big difference there though. You can't help being born a gypsy, which is a distinct community of people. Chav is a term that can be applied to anyone of any background depending on how they conduct themselves.

No.

A chav is a term that is used in the United Kingdom to describe a stereotype of teenagers and young adults from an underclass background.

Hardly her fault that she was born into a poorer family.

You wouldn't call someone from an upper class background who took drugs or partook in 'chav like' activities a chav.

So the term 'chav' cannot be applied to anyone.
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The difference being X Factor is panto, Cher's comments were not.

Not sure I would agree. I often felt real malice emanating from Cheryl. Also, I don't subscribe to the panto element of X Factor, Cheryl aside it is often uncomfortable viewing in a way panto just never is.
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    With an attitude like that Cher won't last much longer in the music industry.

We can but hope.

I actually thought her album wasn't bad for what it was (the only truly offensively bad track on there is Swagger Jagger) but she's got a rotten personality and doesn't seem to know how to be grateful or humble. She doesn't deserve her success if this is how she treats those who helped her.
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see where you are coming from and I can totally understand why Cher gets up people's noses but I don't think she deserves all of the stuff she gets. Some of it is uncalled for. Maybe she will grow out of her bad attitude :)

You always get idiots who take it too far, like those who think it's okay to be racist about her heritage.

But for the rest of us, I think she really is just SO unlikeable that it's galling to see her act so untouchable. If she keeps on this way it's going to be a VERY bumpy for her on the way down.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura P wrote: »
    You always get idiots who take it too far, like those who think it's okay to be racist about her heritage.

But for the rest of us, I think she really is just SO unlikeable that it's galling to see her act so untouchable. If she keeps on this way it's going to be a VERY bumpy for her on the way down.

I agree with you. She doesn't appear to have any redeeming features what so ever. Not a fan of Cheryl but she is savvy enough to know when to turn on the charm and how sometimes you need to kiss a*se. Cher seems to think she's so good that she that she can behave how she likes and to hell with what everyone thinks. I think she'll learn the hard way and come down to earth with an almighty bump.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I would agree. I often felt real malice emanating from Cheryl. Also, I don't subscribe to the panto element of X Factor, Cheryl aside it is often uncomfortable viewing in a way panto just never is.

I doubt there is real malice there, Cheryl and Louis are friends and Louis has said that, I think Cheryl was just defensive on the show.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Whether live or taped, they still suck.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    With an attitude like that Cher won't last much longer in the music industry.

They are both talentless (lets face it!) however Cher should keep in mind, if it wasn't for Cheryl being her mentor she'd be totally forgotten by now.

I agree. I'm no fan of Cheryl Cole as a singer or musician either, but in that article she's given Cher probably one of the best nuggets of advice she'll ever hear in her life...."Be Careful who you kick on your way up .. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down".

The way it's been worded also sounds like Cheryl Cole is speaking from experience there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think one of the problems is that Cowell and Cole (and the producers) bent over backwards to try and engineer Cher winning the show, even changing the rules at the last minute to keep her in when she should have been eliminated. They acted like she was the second coming and the future of music and she's obviously believed her own hype.
    Now they appear to realise her ego has gotten out of control, thanks to them, they're falling over each other to distance themselves from her and her attitude but they were the ones who allowed that attitude to develop and actively encouraged igt.

This is probably why Cher may be the perfect example of the folly of hype which the music business propagates.
    They seem to encourage it, so it comes as no surprise when it goes right to the heads of people like Cher.

Even on The X Factor itself they are telling the contestants that they have to 'really want it' and are encouraging them to be as desperate, greedy, and callous enough to sell their own granny if they have to in order to make it, then criticising contestants who they deem to be too 'nice' or not tough enough for this.
    So Cher is the perfect product of this process. They got exactly what they wished for.

Imagine if you gave birth to a child and they were then handed over to The X Factor judges to bring up according to their values and ethical outlook. They'd probably grow up to be Cher or worse.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if Cheryl truly was the beautiful saint that the OP reckons she is, Cheryl would have laughed off the comment, said that she was the same when she was Cher's age and politely say that she's learned to keep her mouth shut if she hasn't got anything nice to say.

Cheryl doesn't exactly have no previous history of making catty, nasty, bitchy comments and having an opinion on absolutely everyone, does she?

Cher made a valid comment but took it too far. She's very cocky and very unlikeable, but to be honest I'd prefer that and her being herself to how Cheryl is now - bland, boring and makes herself out to be an innocent little princess who's never done anything wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree with you. She doesn't appear to have any redeeming features what so ever. Not a fan of Cheryl but she is savvy enough to know when to turn on the charm and how sometimes you need to kiss a*se. Cher seems to think she's so good that she that she can behave how she likes and to hell with what everyone thinks. I think she'll learn the hard way and come down to earth with an almighty bump.

I saw her appear on a TV prgramme the other week where it was about online bullying. Might have been This Morning, or something like that.

She was presented as a victim of bullying. Although I think it's wrong to bully somebody or make somebody else's life a misery for fun, I remembered from here being linked to that first single she made Swagger Jagger, and a lot of her lyrics seemed to be about goading people who were saying things about her on facebook or twitter and in a way challenging them to bring it on by more or less saying look at me. As though the more people slagging her off the more successful it was making her.
    Evidently it appears that some people took her up on her invitation. No surprise there.

No, I'm not saying that she deserves what she gets, or that bullying can ever be justified, but she does goad people with the content of her lyrics. Which is a bloody stupid thing to do as the consequences are inevitable.
    Maybe she thinks that what you're meant to do when you do rapping, but I think she needs to have a better understanding and handle on things before she embarks on doing something she seems to know so little about.

If she knew anything about Hip Hop really, she would know how out of hand it can truly get when you start slagging other people off in your songs. If your shoulders are big enough then maybe you can handle any potential consequences that come your way. But to have little knowledge about rap but to just mimic the aesthetics of it where you think it's 'cool' can go seriously wrong.

It's not good to see a girl reduced to tears on TV. But she goaded people. It kind of comes with the territory if you embark on challenging people in your rapping. It's going to come across even more badly if you appear to be crowing about how successful you are.

If you're in the media spotlight you really do have to consider your own actions and how you may come across. You can't just do whatever you want. To actively invite hostility from people is just plain insane in the membrane.
    If you end up crying on TV then perhaps it's time to think about how you conduct yourself and ask yourself if you could perhaps treat other people differently.
    She's very young so it's probably not too late for her to make better decisions and change behaviour that maybe isn't so good for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

A chav is a term that is used in the United Kingdom to describe a stereotype of teenagers and young adults from an underclass background.

Hardly her fault that she was born into a poorer family.

You wouldn't call someone from an upper class background who took drugs or partook in 'chav like' activities a chav.

So the term 'chav' cannot be applied to anyone.
    Chav is used by many people for different things. You might associate it with teenagers who have a bad rep from an underclass background but loads of people will look at someone and without knowing anything about them, label them a chav. Katie Price gets called chavy and she was from a middle class family.