Man United Supporters Thread (Part 41)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
Chill, I was only pointing out how well they have done today. ;)
Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 40)

Comments

• TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    First

It seems that Rooney, Nani and Vidic all scored in a run out this afternoon in a behind closed door friendly with Real Betis. We can make of it what we want, but it's good to see them 3 on the score sheet, even if it's possible that 2 of them might not be here by the start of the season proper.
  • law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way a side like Wigan are going to beat a team full of title-winning, multi-million pound internationals. Never going to happen.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    law10 wrote: »
    There's no way a side like Wigan are going to beat a team full of title-winning, multi-million pound internationals. Never going to happen.

Is that sarcasm (because of the fact that they beat City in the FA cup final)?
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Hopefully David Moyes picks a strong side against Wigan, I know it's only the Community Shield, but still a great chance to win silverware early on.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    First

It seems that Rooney, Nani and Vidic all scored in a run out this afternoon in a behind closed door friendly with Real Betis. We can make of it what we want, but it's good to see them 3 on the score sheet, even if it's possible that 2 of them might not be here by the start of the season proper.

I bet all 3 wll be there at the start of the season.
    And beyond.
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Hopefully David Moyes picks a strong side against Wigan, I know it's only the Community Shield, but still a great chance to win silverware early on.

Probably the football media will treat Moyes first proper game as if it's the European Cup Final.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spurs 5-1 Down to Monaco why would bale stay :p
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh a shiny new thread! :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    First

Technically I was first! :D;)

It always good to see our players getting a good run out, and some match practice, which helps their fitness.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyes needs to nip Fabregas in the bud and just bid £45 million as a few posters have been saying for the past week - £30-35 million won't do. We need offer them a figure that will seriously tempt them. It does seem like Fabregas is interested from Martino's comments on the BBC article. Hopefully, he will do his part to push the transfer through as I think a lot depends on what he wants to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Spurs 5-1 Down to Monaco why would bale stay :p

:eek: Seriously? I know it's a just a meaningless friendly, but that's brutal :eek:.

It's a bit insane to think that only last season Monaco were playing in the French First Division (Ligue 2) with below average players, and now they have this super-team which is beating the likes of Tottenham comfortably. How fast things can change when you have money on your side :cool:.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new thread - poo I have been out all afternoon.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    :eek: Seriously? I know it's a just a meaningless friendly, but that's brutal :eek:.

It's a bit insane to think that only last season Monaco were playing in the French First Division (Ligue 2) with below average players, and now they have this super-team which is beating the likes of Tottenham comfortably. How fast things can change when you have money on your side :cool:.

Result was 5-2.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member

I agree, if your going to spend to get success then it's best to spend big, it almost guarantees success.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new thread - poo I have been out all afternoon.

Me too. Went to the other OT and sat near 4 blokes dressed as Mel B (from that Avid Merrion show or whatever it was called).

I was seriously impressed,they'd even accessorised with handbags. The big chunky blokey shoes were a bit clumsy looking though.:D
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Me too. Went to the other OT and sat near 4 blokes dressed as Mel B (from that Avid Merrion show or whatever it was called).

I was seriously impressed,they'd even accessorised with handbags. The big chunky blokey shoes were a bit clumsy looking though.:D

I was in Liverpool most of the day, but still managed to get back to be first... Batty, yours is quote...

Wasn't impressed by the traffic jams trying to get into pool, Stevie G has a lot to answer for.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was there yesterday, there were some proper sights on display. The daily fancy dress competition was won by a stag party from Birmingham who'd dressed the groom as a horse, and the other 10 or so of them as jockeys :D They got their photo taken on the outfield at tea.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo hoo a new thread
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    I agree, if your going to spend to get success then it's best to spend big, it almost guarantees success.

To a degree.

Having said that, despite some success neither Chelsea or City have managed to topple us yet.

It gets you up there, but it doesn't guarantee success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to Brendan:

'Bale and Suarez were arguably the two best players, last season'.

Did either win the Golden Boot, or the Premier League title? No, thought not.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I was there yesterday, there were some proper sights on display. The daily fancy dress competition was won by a stag party from Birmingham who'd dressed the groom as a horse, and the other 10 or so of them as jockeys :D They got their photo taken on the outfield at tea.

A 4 man bob sleigh team won the fancy dress today but tbh those blokes near me were good. They got a few wolf whistles too. The blokes dressed as monkeys chasing a bloke dressed as a banana up and down one of the aisles made me laugh.

We were sat near a large group of Aussies. My husband reckoned he saw that ex Aussie cricketer with the big moustache in amongst them. We were sat near where the cameramen/players come onto the field.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Result was 5-2.

Thanks.

PSG and Monaco will be dangerous in the Champions League this season. Still, I think if we sort out our midfield - we will be up there with Bayern, Barca and Real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

PSG and Monaco will be dangerous in the Champions League this season. Still, I think if we sort out our midfield - we will be up there with Bayern, Barca and Real.

Monaco won't be in the Champions League, this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaco won't be in the Champions League, this season.

Yeah, sorry, I meant "in the coming years" rather than "this season". Monaco have of course just been promoted to Ligue 1. But I do expect to see them competing for the french title along with PSG this season, so no doubt they will join PSG in the CL soon enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note to Brendan:

'Bale and Suarez were arguably the two best players, last season'.

Did either win the Golden Boot, or the Premier League title? No, thought not.

Sounds reasonable to me tbh.

They can't really help if they're team mates aren't good enough, and if anything proves they don't need other top class players to help them raise their game.
This discussion has been closed.