Options

Ryanair launches aggressive fair cuts...I wonder why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone is trolling. But which post are you referring to anyway?

Yours, was that another one ?
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yours, was that another one ?

How exactly was I trolling? I merely mentioned my experience flying with Ryanair.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They want to change their attitude to customers. Maybe people are starting to follow the "if you don't like them don't use them" advice?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24177834
    Mr O'Leary told shareholders at the Dublin meeting that Ryanair was to set up a new team to respond to complaint emails, and revamp its website.

"I am very happy to take the blame or responsibility if we have a macho or abrupt culture. Some of that may well be my own personal character deformities," he said.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Apparently brass neck O Leeerry "wants to stop pissing of customers"....if hes honest and true I wil watch him with interest but until there are signs I will treat this as another piece of O'Leerrrry bullshit.

When an airline finishes 100th place out of a 100,in terms of customer service, its time is up and finished in my book.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    They want to change their attitude to customers. Maybe people are starting to follow the "if you don't like them don't use them" advice?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24177834

That appears in every RyanAir thread. Take Heed!!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When an airline finishes 100th place out of a 100,in terms of customer service, its time is up and finished in my book.

Although it's not so bad when you realise that that was 100th out of the 100th biggest companies in the UK.

As with any survey, much depends on how you phrase the questions, and whether you give all questions equal weight.

It's possible to prove that a bicycle is better than a rolls royce by asking the right questions, and treating the results equally.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Honestly I could tell you stuff that would make your hair curl, I worked for ryanair, easyjet and thompson and I would fly with the latter two any day.

Well why don't you then instead of being really annoying by posting silly teasers?
  • Options
    Howard_HockeyHoward_Hockey Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Just booked a long weekend in Ibiza - out Thomson (just under £50) and back with Ryanair (£34.56 all in, including bank charges thanks to Lloyds as the cost was in euros). The Ryanair is a tad over a day-return from here to the Lakes.

For that price I'll push the ruddy plane!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer to fly with Lufthansa - they are superb.
    I went to Russia with them and they were wonderful, with the added bonus of having several gorgeous German Blonde Stewardess.
    Simply brilliant, cant recommend enough.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I travel a lot, my family lives abroad and i travel a lot for work, and i check every single airline with every single type of combination for the cheaper prices, and yes Ryanair even with all the charges most of the times are indeed cheaper.

You can get cheaper fares in regular companies IF you book really early or you are really planning a trip,, but that's not Ryanair customer, we already have our Christmas flights booked in TAP, it was a cheap fare, but if i didn't have money to pay for this flights so early (i bought them in May), like it happens most years, if companies like Ryanair and Easy Jet did not exist i couldn't fly and visit my family.
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate flying with Ryanair, if the difference is not to much, sometimes i prefer to pay a bit more and not fly with them, their service is appalling, but in terms of cost they are still the cheapest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've flown with Ryanair once and I hated it. Uncomfy seats, terrible service and extremely overpriced. Coming back from our holiday, there was a massive scrum to get on the plane, only to find that literally half the seats were blocked off for the customers had reserved them. It was an absolute nightmare, literally half the plane was standing until the doors were closing, then a mad rush to find a seat somewhere. I hated it and would only fly with them again if it was absolutely necessary
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take the alternative virtually every time, providing there isn't a ridiculous price difference. They are no frills and no service, you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've flown Ryanair once because I had no choice, Dodging the traps on the website when booking and being bulldozed into the plane there and back isn't much fun. They fall below my minimum required levels of service. Basically they're not good enough for me. Sounds snobby but that's how I feel about it.

I've flown with them a couple of times because they were the only option available and I feel the same.

I won't use them simply because i didn't enjoy the "experience".
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've flown with Ryanair once and I hated it. Uncomfy seats, terrible service and extremely overpriced. Coming back from our holiday, there was a massive scrum to get on the plane, only to find that literally half the seats were blocked off for the customers had reserved them. It was an absolute nightmare, literally half the plane was standing until the doors were closing, then a mad rush to find a seat somewhere. I hated it and would only fly with them again if it was absolutely necessary

Perhaps give them another chance. I've flown dozens of times with them and I've never experienced what you describe.

The seats are plastic covered and non-reclining, but otherwise not much different from other economy class seats. I've never used the on-board service.

The also like to fly to smaller, local airports which can be an advantage (my last flight was with easyJet to Amsterdam, which is a monster of an airport. And easyJet use allocated seats; now that was a nightmare with people trying to find the right seats, then finding someone else sitting there... You can't just sit anywhere.).
  • Options
    glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryanair should look after their customers. I flew back from Paris with them on Saturday,
    There was this disabled man. who on boarding said he should have priority boarding, and the women who worked for Ryanair, said YES you should have priority before all the Riff Raff ,seriously people were shocked...:eek::eek::confused:
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I'm curious how someone could hate a company they have had no dealings with?

Perhaps they've seen one of the many TV interviews with Michael O'Leary? That's enough to put anyone off the company, compare him to Steleos (yes I know he's no longer in charge of Easyjet).
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Perhaps they've seen one of the many TV interviews with Michael O'Leary? That's enough to put anyone off the company, compare him to Steleos (yes I know he's no longer in charge of Easyjet).

That'd be the same O'Leary who on an Irish chat show gave free return flights to every member of the audience?

I'm not a huge fan (although if Ryanair is the cheapest I have no problem with using them) but I couldn't see others doing that, not even Ryanair's founder who was by all accounts a gentleman.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I booked a flight with them by mistake (thought I was booking Air Lingus). I was so stressed from what I heard of them and just booked Air Lingus as well. Expensive mistake but it will teach me to be extra careful next time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I really don't get the hate with Ryanair, I've flown with them twice in the past week, and I'm flying with them again today. If it wasn't for Ryanair, I doubt I would be able to afford random jaunts off to see friends and explore random cities if it wasn't for them.

Watch this I'm gonna have a total disaster later..
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first looked at the article there was an ad next to it saying " 75% off all doors and windows" for a minute I thought that was Ryanairs next move.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryanair is a tad over a day-return from here to the Lakes.

For that price I'll push the ruddy plane!
    Don't give that chancer any ideas.