Options

Rough Copy are shite.

Comments

• Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean who went home last night? The plump girl who looks 35 and sings old songs or the trendy group of young, 'available', sexy lads?

"Looks 35"? That is her age, isn't it? Although I don't think she looks it.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Looks 35"? That is her age, isn't it? Although I don't think she looks it.

I don't want to sound terrible but I thought she was going on 50 if I'm honest with you :eek:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound terrible but I thought she was going on 50 if I'm honest with you :eek:

I think she looks older than she is too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I think the one with visa problems and the one with studs in his chin would make a more palatable duet.

Theres something about the one with the tiny head and the manic eyes which doesn't sit right with me, maybe it's his tiny head and manic eyes? He looks like a startled deer.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello stranger :D
    I think you know what I'm talking about after all the education I taught you and many others regarding R+B/HipHop stuff on where I'm getting at regarding Rough Copy. As you probably aware that they are lot more like the R+B groups of the 90s and you know I played a lot of that on my YT channel lol. Anyway hope you are keeping well:)

Big hello to you as well. Of course, you taught me well, and certainly opened my eyes & ears lol. All is good with me, hope the same for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Big hello to you as well. Of course, you taught me well, and certainly opened my eyes & ears lol. All is good with me, hope the same for you.

And there are some people on here who are pretty clueless :D
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Come on OP. They're not that good. :D

(( :D ))
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Who doesn't love No Diggity?

Now that would definitely work. Even songs that have been covered by pop acts like Too Close by Next or If I Ever Fall In Love by Shai could work well and the GBP would know the cover versions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Now that would definitely work. Even songs that have been covered by pop acts like Too Close by Next or If I Ever Fall In Love by Shai could work well and the GBP would know the cover versions

They will know the cover versions as Blue sung Too Close and Gabrielle sung If I Ever Fall In Love featuring East 17.
    BUT the originals were wayyyyyyy better. Love Shai's acapella version of If I Ever Fall In Love. But it depends if they have rights to sing these kind of songs. At the moment they have been reduced to singing pop songs and it doesn't suit the silkiness of their vocals.
    No Diggity will deffo work, so will Bell Biv Devoe's Poison and Bobby Brown's Don't Be Cruel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will know the cover versions as Blue sung Too Close and Gabrielle sung If I Ever Fall In Love featuring East 17.
    BUT the originals were wayyyyyyy better. Love Shai's acapella version of If I Ever Fall In Love. But it depends if they have rights to sing these kind of songs. At the moment they have been reduced to singing pop songs and it doesn't suit the silkiness of their vocals.
    No Diggity will deffo work, so will Bell Biv Devoe's Poison and Bobby Brown's Don't Be Cruel

I Want Her by Keith Sweat would be brilliant for them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Want Her by Keith Sweat would be brilliant for them

Yep with that New Jack Swing flava - one of the 1st songs produced by New Jack Swing master Teddy Riley. That song paved way for the New Jack Swing era along with a track by Johnny Kemp called Just Got Paid. It depends what they are going to do...if it's pure R+B then they can do tracks from Mint Condition, HTown, Shai, Silk, Jagged Edge etc but if it want some rap in it then Bobby Brown, BBD, Wreckx N Effect, B2K etc
    BTW Cameo's Word Up would be good too
  • Options
    jim4bbjim4bb Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rough Copy are pretty dire, but I think the same of all the groups. I actually think the contestants this year are one of the worst line ups we have had.
    Probably only about four who I would say are ok although they may get better as the weeks go on. I suspect Tamera will win it, she can sing, she's pretty.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Why are they idiots :confused:

Best act this year is Hannah and then Tamera by a country mile.

Changed it so it made more sense. :o
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like when anyone criticizes them their excuse is that they are just a Rough Copy and are working on it. :rolleyes:

What happened to turning up with a finished polished act like you were always meant to until X Factor came along. A show where singing doesn't matter one bit as long as you will sell records to tweenies.

Typical of this talentless generation: Full of excuses for not having any talent but still expect the fame without it. "Oh But But But........!"

Fair enough, but if that's how you feel why contribute to the success of the franchise? This is a tv talent show, nothing more. The format has been around since the beginning of mass market tv. And throughout that time real musicians have made it the traditional way - the talent shows have made no impact on that.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So did my hubby :eek:

I think Rough Copy have a lot of potential IF Gary gives them the right songs, or they can change the arrangement to suit them.

I don't 'get' the clothes myself (leather shorts? Kilt?) but I guess it's better than Westlife suits :D (And so far - no stools) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    So did my hubby :eek:

I think Rough Copy have a lot of potential IF Gary gives them the right songs, or they can change the arrangement to suit them.

I don't 'get' the clothes myself (leather shorts? Kilt?) but I guess it's better than Westlife suits :D (And so far - no stools) ;)

Haha ....no stools indeed. They are more urban R+B so I think he should try and give them something that will suit them but if they do rock week that will be a challenge for them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha ....no stools indeed. They are more urban R+B so I think he should try and give them something that will suit them but if they do rock week that will be a challenge for them

How Deep Is Your Love by Dru Hill would be great for movie week, They won't get given it though - unless you're reading this Gary :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How Deep Is Your Love by Dru Hill would be great for movie week, They won't get given it though - unless you're reading this Gary :D

From the Rush Hour soundtrack (or Enter The Dru album) - yes that's a good one. The thing with that song is that it is not that common in the UK but if an average DS user knew about it then it would have been a great song to do. How about Bobby Brown's On Our Own from Ghostbusters II? At least people will be familiar with that song. I mean I could select Me and You from Tony Toni Tone or Too Young by Hi-Five both from the Boyz N The Hood soundtrack...however the ideal track for them is Boyz II Men End Of The Road from the Boomerang Soundtrack.
    Gary, are you reading mine and Blondie-X songs that are good for Rough Copy? :D
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like them either, and they don't seem that likeable either. I reckon they'll be this years 'shock' exit.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their harmonies certainly seem to have gotten worse. I don't know what's going on, but for some reason they can't get their harmonies sounding the way they should.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are better than when 1D were on the show. People forget that One Direction were crap during the live stages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't get them either. I don't think their harmonies have been very good so far, their song choices have been crap.. Hopefully they'll improve a bit as the show goes on!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are OK. Nothing more and nothing less.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rough Copy - everything awful about the 90s would like....absolutely everything back please.
  • Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these guys became unstuck on saturday because we heard their actual real vocals and they were bad. They then did a 1d with loud backing tracks in the choruses to hide this.

They seemed to have 'perfect' vocals the week before which makes me very suspicious that miming was going on throughout the phil collins song.

If they are in bottom two they will get the kingsmill treatment with loud backing track and miming in sing off to help them