Options

✿ Strictly supports Poppy Appeal

2»

Comments

• Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind what method the celebs and pros took to raising money, but I just wanted to point out that Abbey wasn't raising money whilst the rest looked on.

They all did their own thing and it was great to see them. If I'd been there I'd have thought it made my day. I'd have tried to get a photo with as many of them as I could (aiming for Dave and the pros first, especially Natalie and the guys) - no doubt dropping a pound in every bucket! :p
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind what method the celebs and pros took to raising money, but I just wanted to point out that Abbey wasn't raising money whilst the rest looked on.

They all did their own thing and it was great to see them. If I'd been there I'd have thought it made my day. I'd have tried to get a photo with as many of them as I could (aiming for Dave and the pros first, especially Natalie and the guys) - no doubt dropping a pound in every bucket! :p

That was one of the points I tried to make that just because the others weren't filmed - it doesn't mean they were just standing there the whole time not raising money.

I too would have donated if I was there and had been asked politely......preferably by Pasha :D I would have been dropping several pound coins in his bucket :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're on the same page then! :p

I was most disappointed to see on ITT tonight that Aljaz lives with Janette! :(:p;)
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're on the same page then! :p

I was most disappointed to see on ITT tonight that Aljaz lives with Janette! :(:p;)

They seemed a lovely couple? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seemed a lovely couple? :confused:

They did! I just didn't know he was attached! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I actually found that rather rude of her and they didn't seem like 'city suits' to me they seemed like regular people having a private time at the table and in she barges demanding money. I don't care how worthy the cause, the way she went about it was unseemly IMO. I give money to various charities, including charity collectors on the street but if anyone asked me for money in that way I would refuse!

And as was pointed out Abbey wasn't the only one collecting for charity......and for all we know that might have also included Sophie she just wasn't filmed doing it.

I love your distinction between "city suits" and "regular people". I assure you city suits ARE regular people.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love your distinction between "city suits" and "regular people". I assure you city suits ARE regular people.

Hi, perhaps I could have phrased it better - was in a rush when I posted, yes I have relatives that work in the city who wear suits and can confirm they're regular people :p:D. I just meant those people at the table in the VT weren't necessarily 'city suits'.....they might be of course but even then it doesn't mean they're loaded or want someone rudely banging a bucket down asking for money on a table they're privately sitting at.

What I've been trying to say is whatever the cause - there's a time, place and way to raise money.
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to know how long they were 'collecting' for? The cynic in me wonders if they got half-an-hour in the can and then retired somewhere a little warmer.