Inside No. 9 - BBC 2

Comments

• Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I thought they would have had a gigantic tv rather than that small one :o

No only chavs have large tellys, posh people have small old black and white ones.:D
  • Options
    SamsMamSamsMam Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    There's not many shows that make me laugh out loud, but this episode did it twice. I thought both last weeks and this one were brilliant and it makes me want to tell everyone i know to watch it.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst the rest of the family are watching Steve Pemberton in Benidorm, I was watching him Inside No.9.

Great episode. But I may find it hard to adjust to dialogue again in next week's show.

Great set! They must have found the house before they wrote the script.

Great background music!

And such a pity we won't see what happened to Paul when he delivers the framed kitchen towel to whoever was employing him.:D
  • Options
    Surferman1Surferman1 Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG that was soooooo funny. So much better than last weeks episode. The blow up doll under the bed with the penis. :D When he threw the dog at the glass door. :D Reece Shearsmiths facial expressions were priceless and Steve Pemberton looked even funnier with the balaclava with the little ears. :D It's just a shame Kayvan Novaks character had to speak at the end cause it would have been perfect if the entire episode was silent.

The episode was crafted such that the one person who was supposed to be unable to speak was the only one to actually be heard in the entire 30 minutes. I think that is a clever subtle twist within a twist.

I agree with others, this kind of thing is exceptionally difficult to write and even more difficult to execute in order to keep surprising the viewer. Those out there who didn't get it or struggled with the concepts should either watch it properly or catch up on simplistic Essex-based reality programmes. This series is a rare treat and the writing reminds me of Alan Bennett and others of his calibre. Thanks to Reece, Steve and a programme commissioner/producers prepared to take a risk with television. Put that in your pipe Mr Grade and do us all a favour.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surferman1 wrote: »
    The episode was crafted such that the one person who was supposed to be unable to speak was the only one to actually be heard in the entire 30 minutes. I think that is a clever subtle twist within a twist.

A bit like Mel Brooks' Silent Movie where the only person to have any dialogue was renowned mime artist Marcel Marceau.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    A bit like Mel Brooks' Silent Movie where the only person to have any dialogue was renowned mime artist Marcel Marceau.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01s4vxy

The guys say they didn't start out to do a whole silent episode but as it panned out it was heading that way Marcel Marceau's 'non' influenced them to include one line of dialogue at the end.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    That was the best laugh I've had in ages!
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel this show is a bit too subtle for me. I am not sure if I actually like it. I really loved LoG and psychoville but I'm not too sure about this one. I think it might be too clever for me and was quite hard to watch. I don't find it particularly funny either. I desperately want to like it and can see how it is brilliant. I think it's the twist endings....I'm not very good at unravelling them in my mind at the end. I remember watching The Villiage (I won't spoil the twist ending) and didn't realise the girl was blind until the credits rolled.
    Anyway I'm off to watch something right for my intelligence...is TOWIE back for a new series?
  • Options
    spectraspectra Posts: 2,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I agree, I don't know what is there to get. It was quiet explanatory.
    Someone kind of accused me of not getting last week's because I said I didn't enjoy it :confused:

I've followed both and although I didn't enjoy last week's I thouroughy enjoyed last nights. I thought it was a fantastic 30 minutes of telly.

I like that they are doing something different. Last night with the lack of dialogue and a small cast and the 'rope' episode in Psychoville.

I think it was more than simply not enjoying the 1st episode. what you actually posted was:confused:

"Well that was shit.

28 minutes of banality to setup the payoff in the last minute."

I felt that anyone who said that really didn't get it because although it might not have been to your taste, to describe it as "sh*t" was very scathing.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    spectra wrote: »
    I think it was more than simply not enjoying the 1st episode. what you actually posted was:confused:

"Well that was shit.

28 minutes of banality to setup the payoff in the last minute."

I felt that anyone who said that really didn't get it because although it might not have been to your taste, to describe it as "sh*t" was very scathing.
    Yes, well that was my opinion of the first episode. It doesn't mean I didn't get it or that I was texting all the way through it and not paying attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this. Well-crafted and very funny too.

I laughed out loud when Pemberton and Shearsmith's burglar characters were silently disagreeing over how long it takes to have a poo. :D
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Loved this. Well-crafted and very funny too.

I laughed out loud when Pemberton and Shearsmith's burglar characters were silently disagreeing over how long it takes to have a poo. :D

Followed by a hand clap to signify he was impressed, Genius :)
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this series, have to say I enjoyed Sardines more of the two, felt the sneaking about stretched credibility in the silent episode...good fun though.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the first episode but the animal cruelty was too much. Not funny in the slightest , I'm sorry but I'll be making a complaint to offcom.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the first episode but the animal cruelty was too much. Not funny in the slightest , I'm sorry but I'll be making a complaint to offcom.

You might want to include a Fish called Wanda and There's Something About Mary in your complaints.

They pretended to hurt small dogs as well.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

If this is a serious post it is ridiculous, 3 people were shot, Another was killed with a suitcase and your complaint is that a dog got killed. Amazing!

Oh and non of it was real ;)
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are joking of course :)

If not then you are wasting your time.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you make a complaint about the human cruelty too, while you're at it?;-)
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this someone messing around?

It's ok to blow peoples brains out but don't hurt the little doggie!
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    If this is a serious post it is ridiculous, 3 people were shot, Another was killed with a suitcase and your complaint is that a dog got killed. Amazing!

Oh and non of it was real ;)

Not only that, but the poster has also said that they're complaining about the animal cruelty in Babylon too!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I hope Pemberton and Shearsmith are reading this thread. It could be a great episode next series.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just wasn't needed and made for laughs , throwing a dog against the window was bad enough and they could of left it at that with the dog recovering . But no he stabs the poor thing to death with an umbrella.

People watching will think it's acceptable and funny .there is enough animal cruelty in this world.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this episode was brilliant - far better than the Sardines episode. Anybody who didn't think the dog parts were funny had better avoid Briefest Encounter, which was the episode of Rik Mayall Presents, with Amanda Donahue :D

Just a plug for that series: Dancing Queen with Helena Bonham Carter was one of my all-time favourites. Check it out.
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am kind of with demonicrodent on this. I didn't find the dog bit funny. Yes I know people were shot, I didn't find that funny but part of the story. The dog bit was just horrid. I did find the rest funny before anyone has a go.