Options

I'm trying to remember the title of a 70s (foreign?) horror movie

Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My memory is a bit sketchy, but if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated!

I caught a horror movie on film 4 (I think) a year or so back, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I think it was Italian, or Italian produced, and had a short title kind of like 'Psycho' or similar.

I'm sure it involved a woman trying to investigate something suspicious in a hotel or a block of flats. She ended up being killed, and her brother (or husband maybe) took over. Her killing was shown on screen I think and was quote gruesome. In the end, it turns out that the place was haunted by a trio of female witches/banshees/devils or some kind of supernatural creature. I'm starting to think that the building burned down at the end, but that might just be my imagination.

I'm sure I remember googling it after watching it and it was a relatively famous cult film, but endless searching just won't help! I must be misremembering something, but I've put down everything I can remember so hopefully someone will know.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try Dario Argento's movies - he directed several 'cult classic' type of films.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed a Dario Argento film - IMHO his best - Inferno, his follow-up to Suspiria. Many think it's incoherent tosh but I'm amongst those that just loves it as a gloriously dream-like film to get lost in the beauty of the imagery of. I first saw it as a grue-hungry teenager curious about it's previous 'video nasty' status (which was entirely undeserved in terms of any on screen content), but unlike many films I enjoyed in my youth, my strength of feeling for it has only grown over the last 20 years. There's a few Blu-Ray versions and debate over which is the truest to the original camerawork and colour palette, but the UK Arrow one is superlative enough for me.
  • Options
    Shane54Shane54 Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's a Dario Argetno movie - Inferno.
    It's the continuation of The Three Mothers story that began in Suspiria.
    Was on film4 a couple of weeks ago, just after Id bought the DVD - bugger!
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks the three of you - yep, turns out I was thinking of Inferno! A bit of research tells me that the 'trio of witches' I remembered must be me getting confused with The Three Mothers. I'm glad I know what it is now, but gutted I missed it on film4 recently!
  • Options
    BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can watch the full movie on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Ci1O9lxOk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Thanks the three of you - yep, turns out I was thinking of Inferno! A bit of research tells me that the 'trio of witches' I remembered must be me getting confused with The Three Mothers. I'm glad I know what it is now, but gutted I missed it on film4 recently!

keep an eye open as film 4 tend to repeat their films