If anyone is in London...

ChopanChopan Posts: 535
Forum Member
✭✭
Go down to Prince Regent Street. They're giving out free Magnums to celebrate their 25th anniversary, hurry while stocks last!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I'm heading for the Megabus as we speak!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's other free stuff on Regent St today as well.

http://www.regentstreetonline.com/summerstreets/27july.htm
  • Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I was in West End they gave out free Snog frozen yogurts outside Selfridges on Sunday afternoons

Thanks for the tip although don't think I can bear to face the crowds and heat for it :cool:
  • Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they giving out ammo aswell?
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chopan wrote: »
    Go down to Prince Regent Street.
    Prince Regent Street does not exist. There is a Prince Regent Lane in the Canning Town area. If you mean Regent Street you need to be a bit more specific as it is fairly long.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    Prince Regent Street does not exist. There is a Prince Regent Lane in the Canning Town area. If you mean Regent Street you need to be a bit more specific as it is fairly long.

You can't miss it as they have a few gold balloons and a 6-ft statue of a white-chocolate Magnum. Try a corner of Little Angel St and Regent St, opposite the Apple flagship store.

In the OP's defence, some do call it Prince Regent Street. We're so used to it that we tend to assume they mean Regent Street.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Darn it!!

Got free Coconut water near Kingsway a few months ago. And last year Eat were practically giving away salmon and rice dishes outside Tottenham Court Road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Go down to Prince Regent Street. They're giving out free Magnums to celebrate their 25th anniversary, hurry while stocks last!
    I'm not that thirsty to go all the way to the City for a free ice cream.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    You can't miss it as they have a few gold balloons and a 6-ft statue of a white-chocolate Magnum. Try a corner of Little Angel St and Regent St, opposite the Apple flagship store.

In the OP's defence, some do call it Prince Regent Street. We're so used to it that we tend to assume they mean Regent Street.

Takae, you may need to visit SpecSavers, it is Little ARGYLL St. that is opposite the Apple Store, its a short street that runs from Argyll St. to Regent St.
    In a lifetime of living in London, I've never heard anyone refer to Regent St. as Prince Regent St.
    If you hailed a black cab in London and asked for Prince Regent St., the driver would probably say, "Do you mean Regent St, or maybe Prince Regents Lane, in Custom House?"
    Another popular misnomer is the use of Lower Regent St to describe the section of Regent St. that runs from Waterloo Place to Piccadilly Circus, and thence to Regent St. continued.
    It is not NOW, and NEVER has been, officially Lower Regent St., it is colloquially referred to as Lower Regent, because it is at the southern, or lower, end of Regent St.
    There is also Prince Albert Rd. NW8, and Prince Consort Rd. SW7
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there earlier. Nice to be able to walk down the middle of the street, and there were lots of chairs in the street to be able to relax in. They also had lots of live music, people from various local music schools etc.

However...could not believe the amount of people queing for a free ice cream for ages...could have bought the same from any nearby shop for a pound or so in a matter of seconds.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae, you may need to visit SpecSavers, it is Little ARGYLL St. that is opposite the Apple Store, its a short street that runs from Argyll St. to Regent St.

I know where it is, thanks. A brain hic-cup on my part.
    In a lifetime of living in London, I've never heard anyone refer to Regent St. as Prince Regent St.
    If you hailed a black cab in London and asked for Prince Regent St., the driver would probably say, "Do you mean Regent St, or maybe Prince Regents Lane, in Custom House?"

Oh, so because you never heard anyone referring it as PRS, it cannot be true? Right.

I hear it enough from tourists and the people not familiar with the area to know what they mean when they ask for directions to that street. We joked about this at parties as well as about common mispronunciations of some place names. Hence, my comments.

As for the rest, I hope you enjoyed sharing your knowledge.
    Forum Member
    Lancaster Place.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seth1 wrote: »
    Are they giving out ammo aswell?

Would it make your day?
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Magnums of what?
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »
    Magnums of what?

Magnum Ice Cream.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still confuse Oxford Road (Manchester) with Oxford Street and only recently discovered Mornington Crescent wasn't fictional.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was thinking champagne
    Forum Member
    i was thinking champagne

No...
    Forum Member
    I still confuse Oxford Road (Manchester) with Oxford Street and only recently discovered Mornington Crescent wasn't fictional.

Mornington Crescent is near Camden in London.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Mornington Crescent is near Camden in London.

Yeah, I looked it up earlier. Been to Camden Market a few times but I must have used Camden Town Tube station.

Petticoat Lane (Sunday market) may have been confusing to some over the years, because it's not the real name of the street.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

GPS co-ordinates please.
  • made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    albertd wrote: »
    You really don't want to go Prince Regent Lane. More likely to be drugs or guns in that road!
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

.44 ?
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    .44 ?

Pardon?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say I have never heard it called Prince Regent Street, it was named after the Prince Regent ( George IV) in 1825 but cannot say I have heard it used in the past 30 years myself.

As for Magnums they were giving them out at the one day only Dipping Bar which was near Natwest

http://www.demotix.com/news/5381262/magnum-takes-over-regent-street-celebrate-their-25th-birthday#media-5382291

http://wjlondon.com/25000-freshly-dipped-magnums-free-on-regent-street/