Options

Geordie Shore

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Based on the first two episodes:

Charlotte and Gaz's will they-won't they was entertaining and I think people wanted to see them get together, Marnie and Gaz just doesn't have the same feeling. Marnie isn't likeable in the slightest and Gaz is just being Gaz. He's being hypocritical banging on about "lad code" considering Marnie and Scott's story through the last series.

I probably say this every single series, why on earth is James still there? He's just on the outside looking in. The only real story he's ever had is with Holly and he doesn't even have that now.

Scott is funny and I like his one liners in the interview bits. Aaron and Holly doesn't interest me at all though the unicorn/black Rose thing last night was quite good.

Glad to have Vicky back and looking forward to Charlotte's return next week. When is the second new guy going to join the show though?

They are going through the motions now but it's still entertaining in some way. I just hope Marnie and Gaz ends as quick as it started as it's dominating the show in they way Charlotte and Gaz did, just not in a good way.
  • Options
    sporadic23sporadic23 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I quite like Aaron-i like that he's pursuing Holly and accepted her ridiculous challenge. At least for once she's not the one doing all the chasing!
    Scott is awful! He's so wooden-especially in the interviewy bit, you can tell he's rehearsed what he's gonna say cos he delivers every sentence like a punchline, i wish he'd sit on his hands or something to stop them flying about the place like he's trying to take off. It's very distracting!
    Marnie is awful. She likes Scotty T, but fancies Gary, then she likes Gary but will always fancy Scott and if it it wasn't for Gary she'd be attracted to Aaron, She's playing the wrong game and won't last much longer cos she'll make the house an unbearable place to be when she pees off both the guys and the girls.
    James must have an iron clad contract cos i can't see any reason why he's still on the show. He does nothing, goes nowhere and all he does is complain how he's not included in anything cos the lads are always on the pull except for when he's talking about how he's gods gift.
    Glad Vikki's back, she's like queen of the house-she looks great too and cant wait til Charlotte is back next week.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Now I think MTV need to draft in another female for next series, Marnie doesn't have a very big fanbase and MTV should admit their blunder for it. :(

As well as that MTV should look at ratings now rather than who they can do the best business with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's still my main viewing guilty pleasure and so far the series is fairly watchable. As abov however, what useful purpose does James serve? he brings nothing whatsoever to the table. I just cannot see the point of him in the show anymore. I hope MTV don't treat him and his lass the same way as Sophie and her fellaand suddenly shes drafted in because he's love sick.

I like Marnie but she's a bit 'dull'
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I love this, it's a real guilty pleasure of mine. I love this but hate shows like TOWIE even though there isn't that much difference.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marnie is a sl**!!!!

At least buy clothes that fit you stupid little immature girl!!

Marnie is ruining this programme for me BIG TIME!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I love this, it's a real guilty pleasure of mine. I love this but hate shows like TOWIE even though there isn't that much difference.

TOWIE seems so stage managed and fake. I'm not saying Geordie Shore isn't, but if it is it doesn't feel as obvious. I can believe that how they are on the show is how they would be in real life, I've not had that feeling ever watching TOWIE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOWIE seems so stage managed and fake. I'm not saying Geordie Shore isn't, but if it is it doesn't feel as obvious. I can believe that how they are on the show is how they would be in real life, I've not had that feeling ever watching TOWIE.

I feel like this series of GS seems a bit more staged than before. I know situations are going to set up for entertainment purposes but there are a couple of scenes that made me think, "They're acting/been told to say this." Like when Holly was trying to call Charlotte, her body language and the way she said, "Pick up, Charlotte" (or something like that) seemed false, like she probably wasn't even trying to call her! Another scene is when Vicky arrived and Holly is asking her where Charlotte is and Vicky's face while saying she didn't know just looked false. They must obviously know where Charlotte is (think she was filming her show at the time) but obviously they're building up the storyline for her return.

I like Aaron so far, but find his one-to-one camera snippets uncomfortable, like he's just shoehorning one-liners in but they don't seem natural.

Scotty T reminds me of those Scousers in the Harry Enfield sketch, the way he moves his hand about whenever he talks to the camera. :D

Agree with the comments about James. He's just in the background now, occasionally popping up to make a comment to the camera.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I think MTV need to draft in another female for next series, Marnie doesn't have a very big fanbase and MTV should admit their blunder for it. :(

They should have brought a new girl in once Becca left. The by now we would have been used to someone now Sophie has gone. I agree Marnie does not work. Problem with her her story lines are tedious already.
    Based on the first two episodes:

Charlotte and Gaz's will they-won't they was entertaining and I think people wanted to see them get together, Marnie and Gaz just doesn't have the same feeling. Marnie isn't likeable in the slightest and Gaz is just being Gaz. He's being hypocritical banging on about "lad code" considering Marnie and Scott's story through the last series.

I probably say this every single series, why on earth is James still there? He's just on the outside looking in. The only real story he's ever had is with Holly and he doesn't even have that now.

Scott is funny and I like his one liners in the interview bits. Aaron and Holly doesn't interest me at all though the unicorn/black Rose thing last night was quite good.

Glad to have Vicky back and looking forward to Charlotte's return next week. When is the second new guy going to join the show though?

They are going through the motions now but it's still entertaining in some way. I just hope Marnie and Gaz ends as quick as it started as it's dominating the show in they way Charlotte and Gaz did, just not in a good way.
    So agree with this. He is so annoying and tedious now and thinks al chicks belong to him.
    sporadic23 wrote: »
    I quite like Aaron-i like that he's pursuing Holly and accepted her ridiculous challenge. At least for once she's not the one doing all the chasing!
    Scott is awful! He's so wooden-especially in the interviewy bit, you can tell he's rehearsed what he's gonna say cos he delivers every sentence like a punchline, i wish he'd sit on his hands or something to stop them flying about the place like he's trying to take off. It's very distracting!
    Marnie is awful. She likes Scotty T, but fancies Gary, then she likes Gary but will always fancy Scott and if it it wasn't for Gary she'd be attracted to Aaron, She's playing the wrong game and won't last much longer cos she'll make the house an unbearable place to be when she pees off both the guys and the girls.
    James must have an iron clad contract cos i can't see any reason why he's still on the show. He does nothing, goes nowhere and all he does is complain how he's not included in anything cos the lads are always on the pull except for when he's talking about how he's gods gift.
    Glad Vikki's back, she's like queen of the house-she looks great too and cant wait til Charlotte is back next week.[/QUOTE]

Hated her on Ex on the beach but she makes me laugh in GS, how long before she rips into Marnie lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marnie is a sl**!!!!

As opposed to all the other people on it?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Marnie is a sl**!!!!

They all are, Why pick on her?
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »

We have to bear in mind geordie shore is scripted and all the cast members have to toe the line of what they are given. :cool:
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    We have to bear in mind geordie shore is scripted and all the cast members have to toe the line of what they are given. :cool:

Oh yea of course, But how can one of those people be called a sl*t and not the others?

Characters or real people they all do the same thing yet the poster picked on one, The one all females seem to hate ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't really like her, but I thinks its because she isn't an original cast member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yea of course, But how can one of those people be called a sl*t and not the others?

Characters or real people they all do the same thing yet the poster picked on one, The one all females seem to hate ;)

Yeah, I don't really get it. She's not done anything that the others haven't done and she's not slept with anywhere near the same amount of people. Is it because some saddos don't want her to be with Gary because of Charlotte? Is it because she's female and we're not allowed to be like men? Is it because she's a good looking female? Who knows.:confused:
    I don't really like her, but I thinks its because she isn't an original cast member

I don't really like any of them, I just find it all hilarious.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell the unscripted not fake fights are the ones where 20 security people appear from nowhere to break them up
  • Options
    wh1tew1newh1tew1ne Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    The thing with Geordie Shore, in the first series, they all went on about Holly not being a Geordie because she was from Middlesbrough, not Newcastle, but I heard that Charlotte was from Washington? If Charlotte is from Washington, she isn't a Geordie either, shes a mackem, Washington is in Sunderland, not Newcastle. Just saying. :p
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted

Marnie and Gary show again :rolling eyes:
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Apparently the whole Marnie & Gary thing is a set up because Gaz was seeing Rebecca Fox at the time and didn't want to pull anyone else.. Seems legit, I remember them tweeting each other slushy stuff and even going on holiday together to the Maldvies a while back.
  • Options
    teandtoast3teandtoast3 Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching latest episode
    it sucks so much now all fake and scripted yawnn
    aaron oh Ive got to woo holly on a date bla bla
    they need to get rid of it now it's had it's day just like Jersey Shore did
  • Options
    wh1tew1newh1tew1ne Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    When Aaron talks to the viewers, I can't help but think he has a funny voice everytime I hear him, he just doesn't fit in. Sounds very odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just watching this weeks episode. Gary and Marnie just doesn't work as the lead story. It doesn't help Marnie is utterly unlikeable and Gaz is being hypocritical.

James was relevant for a couple of minutes and when he was surprise surprise he's being a dick to Holly. It's just like when he first got with whatshername.

I'm glad Charlotte is back and I think no matter what Gary says, that little smile on his face when she walked in was cute.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Holly Hagan - Milkshake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQcKlK9CSQ

Oh dear

read the youtube comments lol
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marnie is a sl**!!!!

Am I missing something or has Marnie slept with one bloke during her stint? How is she a ****? Why are you singling her out? Gaz is the biggest **** and he treats Charlotte like shit, James treats Holly like she's something he stepped in, Scotty will sleep with anyone and he talks about women with no respect and Vicky is a bitch.
  • Options
    MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Holly Hagan - Milkshake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQcKlK9CSQ

Oh dear

read the youtube comments lol

Clever if cheeky by the music producer: using Holly's non-auto-tuned voice during the 'la-la-la' section. Proof that she can't sing a lick as if we needed proof.