Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Well Syco and Columbia seem really invested in Ella. They're pushing her as a singer/songwriter and not just as that girl with an amazing voice who was on X Factor. Ghost is still doing amazing in the UK and is a sure fire hit in the US. The public just connects with solo artists better than groups(all girl groups) to be honest.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit disheartening seeing girl groups flounder so much. Little Mix gives me hope though because their friendship is so solid and there's no egos in the group, and the music has always been the priority for them.

If one of them tried to clip Leigh-Anne in the back of the head their fist would just sink into her fro.
  • Options
    john1995john1995 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Well Syco and Columbia seem really invested in Ella. They're pushing her as a singer/songwriter and not just as that girl with an amazing voice who was on X Factor. Ghost is still doing amazing in the UK and is a sure fire hit in the US. The public just connects with solo artists better than groups(all girl groups) to be honest.

it is not just people connect with her more her label is investing on her. she has worked with top notch producers and song writers. ghost was co written by Ryann tedar who also wrote bleeding love,counting stars , and a lot more. why is not syco investing on these girls? cant they see they are the best selling current girl group? even Colombia records is messed up. isn't epic records suppose to be its competition and cant they see that they are recruiting fifth harmony to be the best girl band? honestly little mix has the better potential to be big with the right promotions. they need Beyonce's or rihanna's team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    john1995 wrote: »
    it is not just people connect with her more her label is investing on her. she has worked with top notch producers and song writers. ghost was co written by Ryann tedar who also wrote bleeding love,counting stars , and a lot more. why is not syco investing on these girls? cant they see they are the best selling current girl group? even Colombia records is messed up. isn't epic records suppose to be its competition and cant they see that they are recruiting fifth harmony to be the best girl band? honestly little mix has the better potential to be big with the right promotions. they need Beyonce's or rihanna's team

I don't know to me it always seem Syco seems LM as having a limited shelf life. I'm honestly surprised they haven't been given an opportunity to work with A list producers. But the GP (in the US) should have eaten up Move but for some reason it just didn't click - even I thought it had the potential to be a top 30 hit.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If one of them tried to clip Leigh-Anne in the back of the head their fist would just sink into her fro.

Leigh-Anne's aggression-busting fro, bless.

I agree, john1995. I've enjoyed how much they've experimented over the last couple of albums and it's allowed them to develop a pretty recognisable sound of their own which is a good thing. But it would be nice if they were connected with a couple of top notch producers (I'd love for them to work with Tedder for a mid-tempo ballad, I'd like them to sing a song written by Sia as well just because I think they could do something really interesting with it) because what's missing is the ~hit~.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I don't know to me it always seem Syco seems LM as having a limited shelf life. I'm honestly surprised they haven't been given an opportunity to work with A list producers. But the GP (in the US) should have eaten up Move but for some reason it just didn't click - even I thought it had the potential to be a top 30 hit.

personally i thought move was the wrong single for the us it should have been either NFLY or ATB. and as for syco f*#k them pardon my french i love these girls so much some times i get carried away. syco better sort their shit out before the third album. there need to be a proper promotion and should be released worldwide at the same time
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd love for them to work with Tedder for a mid-tempo ballad, I'd like them to sing a song written by Sia as well just because I think they could do something really interesting with it) because what's missing is the ~hit~.
    exactly if they could produce a hit everything will sell itself like iggy fancy is a hit and it boost the sale of her other single work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tedder actually saw a clip of Ella and called Syco up and asked to work with her. Ella's power is undeniable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales

68 Drake 4,991
    69 Sam Smith [I'm Not The Only One] 4,749
    71 Slipknot 4,588
    76 Little Mix

54 Angus & Julia Stone 1,688
    68 Alestrom 1,353
    70 OneRepublic 1,343
    75 Elvis Presley [That's The Way It Is] 1,287

89 Little Mix

Probably 157,600 for the single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally i thought move was the wrong single for the us it should have been either NFLY or ATB. and as for syco f*#k them pardon my french i love these girls so much some times i get carried away. syco better sort their shit out before the third album. there need to be a proper promotion and should be released worldwide at the same time

I think any single would have failed with the odd radio scheduling Columbia did. I have a feeling the albums were delayed to tie them in with the girls being over to promote. This time with no announced appearances maybe they'll try the synchronous launch.

One thing that worked really well in the US was the aggressive album signing.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I was looking through M.O's tag on tumblr, I don't know if its true or its already been posted but I saw this.
    little mix working with bless beats and jinjin, for a minute vibes ��

#ok im not sure bout jinjin but he mentioned her in the tweet as well??? #so #little mix #m.o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking through M.O's tag on tumblr, I don't know if its true or its already been posted but I saw this.

https://twitter.com/Blessbeats/status/497818130895618048

Good day great session w @SineadHarnett and @jinjinofficial
    Meeting with @LittleMix
    Video for @KrishaneWorld and @MelissaSteel in JA #RMM

@SineadHarnett
    @Blessbeats @jinjinofficial @LittleMix @KrishaneWorld @MelissaSteel 🙌💜🙌

JinJin retweeted both messages. Could be 3 separate topics though.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yh I think they're three different topics. He probably just had a meeting with LM about working together in the future which is possibly happening today since Perrie tweeted about being in the studio.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think jesy has had a bang on the head wanting Helen to win bigbrother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is finally off Capital's playlist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is not just people connect with her more her label is investing on her. she has worked with top notch producers and song writers. ghost was co written by Ryann tedar who also wrote bleeding love,counting stars , and a lot more. why is not syco investing on these girls?

Ella Henderson is a working project for Syco. They probably want her similar to like Lorde. (Young cool singer song writer that appeals to the teens as well as older fans)

With LM i don't think they are a working project. i don't know why.
    Yeah i don't know why they don't work with top producers. maybe they're on a budget.
    I heard that they wanted to work with Naughty Boy but he said he was "too busy"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it fair to say Syco is good at launching but not at maintaining?
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix ‏@LittleMix 16m
    Leigh ruined my picture with her wonky heart 😔❤💔 in other news we've nearly finished a new song! #aboomboom xxjadexx

Wonder if the hashtag has any relevance if so it's probably an upbeat song. Stereo Solider, A Different Beat continuation?
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the new single is called ABoomBoom.

Thanks Jadey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Other girlband news: 5H's single looks to be stalling on US radio around where Move did (with lower audience), despite selling better on iTunes - but of course, this is a pre-album single.

Beatz, linked earlier on the thread, is out on XF Aus. The favored group this year is another girlband, XOX. Here they are covering Neon Jungle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DazbJDKUw

I found that kinda grating, but lots of viewers in other forums I checked reacted well, so what do I know.
    I'd say that's true of the pop industry in general.

I don't know how you fix it, but it doesn't help that on radio and TV they need to sell their acts as the best thing ever, already perfect, rather selling a journey/improvement narrative that draws in the fans. That narrative sustains, but I can see how it would be dangerous if you want something to blow up quickly.
    Chem wrote:
    With LM i don't think they are a working project. i don't know why. [/QUOTE}
    Maybe they see the ceiling as being in the same rough area as Girls Aloud? Nice to have, no doubt, but not worth gambling huge amounts of cash on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Little Mix ‏@LittleMix 16m
    Leigh ruined my picture with her wonky heart 😔❤💔 in other news we've nearly finished a new song! #aboomboom xxjadexx

Wonder if the hashtag has any relevance if so it's probably an upbeat song. Stereo Solider, A Different Beat continuation?

If the hashtag is relevant it sounds like a fun stomper to me. I'm all for it.

Notice that 6 hours ago Jade tweeted about relistening to NFLY, another fun upbeat stomper.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt expect them to be headlining at this stage of the game, although they are on the bill with the headline acts on the main stages at each location. That's saying something.

They do have their own theater gig. I suspect its Sony Japan's test to see if they can bring them over for a limited engagement on their own.

"Let's eat".

Wow. A day ticket to Summer Sonic is $151 US, or £90.

Ah great, Perrie said on the Radio 1 interview that they had some headline shows in Japan this summer, I was wondering what it meant. Even if it's one night and theatre-size it's great for their fans and perhaps a few journalists will go.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Ella Henderson is a working project for Syco. They probably want her similar to like Lorde. (Young cool singer song writer that appeals to the teens as well as older fans)

With LM i don't think they are a working project. i don't know why.
    Yeah i don't know why they don't work with top producers. maybe they're on a budget.
    I heard that they wanted to work with Naughty Boy but he said he was "too busy"

Naughty Boy has said that he's turned down projects - including 1D's 3rd album - where he didn't feel he could enhance an act's sound. He is now working on a song for 1D's 4th album because he has become very good friends with Zayn. That's the sort of things the girls will get if they network, it's great to see them taking meetings with lots of producers. He might be too busy to work on LM's album but it would be great if he did.

Hard to say. The biggest investment is provided by BGT and the X Factor appearances and the public's memory only goes back a few years. But they are continuing to invest in 1D, although almost all around album release. Olly Murs has sustained success, not sure how much they've invested in new music for him.

Syco make money off their acts in other ways though, they probably get a cut of Little Mix's merchandise sales. The girls must be getting quite a bit off that as well, their make up / nail lines could be a nice earner for years (Girls Aloud's eyelash range still makes bank).

I'm nosy so I've been doing some searching on their earnings...

They reportedly made c.£115k each in 2012 - http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/little-mix/news/million-earnings).

Their company is called Eternal Dance Media. According to this site their 2013 return is due end September. If they set up a partnership or transfer all the cash out we won't be able to see earnings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naughty Boy has said that he's turned down projects - including 1D's 3rd album - where he didn't feel he could enhance an act's sound. He is now working on a song for 1D's 4th album because he has become very good friends with Zayn. That's the sort of things the girls will get if they network, it's great to see them taking meetings with lots of producers. He might be too busy to work on LM's album but it would be great if he did.

This is one of the reasons i would love them to get invited to awards shows as many as they can. Some may think its pointless awards shows to go but the after is full of music industry people.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final Vevo Lift :- Get to know Jesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQ4egnmrdc
This discussion has been closed.