2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness it's Simon. He is gorgeous :D

I was so worried it could be Lee Ryan or worse Ross King!!!!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phew that's a relief. For a minute there I thought it was going to be Andy Peters. :o
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Surely this must rule out Mark Wright. Would they really have three ex I'm A Celeb-ers?

Firstly congratulations on the job! :)

I really hope it does put to rest Mark doing it - definitely a better choice going for Simon if it was between the two of them. I think Jake and Greg are definitely going to be in so that leaves four names.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Firstly congratulations on the job! :)

I really hope it does put to rest Mark doing it - definitely a better choice going for Simon if it was between the two of them. I think Jake and Greg are definitely going to be in so that leaves four names.

Thanks, I'm very excited to start!

Yes, today's announcement has left me in doubt. I hope we still have Helen Skelton as they've never had two Xmas Special folk before.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    If we're super lucky the BBC might make another celeb reveal at about 11.30 which is roughly the time they've done it on previous days. However if we do get one a day then that does take us up now to the 31st. I don't understand why a reveal was done on ITV especially when it wasn't a celeb involved with GMB and is obviously the rival channel?

Based on Jo's post, I am still thinking we could get Ross, Tyger and Dave. I reckon we will then get a 4th 'surprise' duffer or unknown type.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, nice to see an unrumoured name. I suppose it was a matter of time before they got someone from Big Reunion on, and I would personally rather see someone from Blue than someone from one of the bands no one knew were together in the first place, let alone back together!

It's funny how one name can make you change your mind any other names rumoured. I was sure of Helen Skelton, but now we've got Simon I'm wondering whether or not she's in as they're both Christmas specialers. I was convinced about Mark Wright, but now Simon's confirmed I don't think they'd have three IAC stars, in which case Mark has been rumouring himself all along and has shot down in my estimations. After her name cropped up yesterday, I thought we'd be getting Angelica Bell, but they usually only have two non white contestants, which they have with Simon and Alison.

We now have a fifth of the cast! :D
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    We now have a fifth of the cast! :D

No, a third ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, a third ;)

Obviously that's what I meant.
  • 1436bassey1436bassey Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    quick one peeps have just looked on bbc website for tickets fro strictly shows & they have announced dates for the shows, with one of the weeks in November being shown in Blackpool! :) No Wembley though:( but the kigsaw is coming together nicely ;)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/strictly_come_dancing_2014
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the whingers are out in force on Facebook again, "Never heard of him", "not heard of any of them this year" etc. Have these people been living in a cave all their lives or something?:confused: For the first time ever I've actually heard of all the of celebs announced so far, I think it's a far better line up that last year already.

I suppose you can't please everyone, but I wish people would remember they need to appeal to a wide variety of age groups to pull the viewers in.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Happy about Simon. He did OK when he did the Xmas Special that time. And he is a Manc, which means he starts off with a bit of extra support from me (but he will have to earn its retention, mind :D)
    Forum Member
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Got to be either Simon or Duncan from Blue. Duncan James has said he'd love to do Strictly.

He's done DOI, though now that has finished....maybe next year for Duncan?
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancewise?

Andy's mum - OK I'll start calling her Judy - seems to be trying to set the bar very low for herself, but I can believe her. Will try hard, which is always appreciated.

Alison - big but seems to have co-ordination and moves well - plus she will have no problem with selling a dance.

Thom - he can run fast and his pop group seemed to use the same choreographer as El Divo.

Frankie - there's something to work with, so a 'maybe'.

Simon - Already has form from his Cha Cha Cha with Katya so he will be a contender, or if given the right pro, be hard to beat.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Here's a couple of samples of his work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCuYcCH3Yos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkB6DNRgXYs

I'm personally pleased with this signing - he is a great mover and could be a potential winner. All good by me!

EDIT: Had no idea he declared himself bankrupt last October...:o

ah, he is a singer - thank you

did he do a Christmas Special with Ola?
    Forum Member
    Obviously that's what I meant.

Ok! :D
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    ah, he is a singer - thank you

did he do a Christmas Special with Ola?

It was Katya. :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    It was Katya. :)

whoops :blush: thanks!
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many more people are to be conformed
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    How many more people are to be conformed

10 left! 6 men, 4 women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we'll be seeing a Salsa to Into The Blue or a Quickstep to Mr Blue Sky for Simon.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Guys I reckon Mark Wright is on it
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've looked on YT and the BBC site for Simon's cha cha cha, but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I've looked on YT and the BBC site for Simon's cha cha cha, but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?
    No I have been looking for that as well. I did see it originally and I think he looked quite good but nervous. It was a while ago though so I would like to see it again
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's looking to be a very even year. Obviously we don't know if any of them will do a Rachel and just be hopeless contrary to initial thoughts about them, but so far I'd say we have a couple of potential winners and we don't even have the whole line up.