DS IPL Fantasy Cricket League

TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone.

The Indian Premier League starts on Friday and i have set up a Digital Spy IPL Fantasy League for some amusment.

Anyone is welcome the more the merrier.

To join register your team here....http://t20fantasy.espncricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/game_home.html?game_id=93

Then leave your username here in this thread.

It seems i have to invite you to the league (it has'nt given me the league pin number)

Once you leave you username here i will send an invite to you , you then get an email giving you the PIN number to join the league and then your in.

I think that covers most of it , any questions just ask.

Good Luck ;)

Comments

• digiremotedigiremote Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team name confirmed as "Start The Car":)
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team name 'tso IPL'
  • TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiremote wrote: »
    Team name confirmed as "Start The Car":)

I dont know why they have made it so awkward to join these leagues.

I need a email address from the first person who wants to join.

Also need your cricinfo username.

Best to private message me these details for obvious reasons.

Once 1 player knows the pin number for the league put it in this thread and then it should be straight forward for everyone else.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just sent the invite to you 2 , can you let me know what the pin number is so it can be posted in here , it will save the hassle of all this email buisness , cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheFridge wrote: »
    I just sent the invite to you 2 , can you let me know what the pin number is so it can be posted in here , it will save the hassle of all this email buisness , cheers.

When i copy and paste the number it rejects it.
    Im sure its too long anyhow.The one in the email.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their a wind up.I just logged in and the team i had has now gone:eek:
    When it was their i never had the option to create a league.
    Now its gone its their but you cant create a league without a team:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    When i copy and paste the number it rejects it.
    Im sure its too long anyhow.The one in the email.

Theres no approvals to approve , is it to early to register maybe ? i really dont know.

Heres what it says about leagues.

What are leagues and how do I participate in one?
    'Leagues' allow you to play the fantasy game while competing with a group of other players known to you.

To be part of a league, you can either create a league and send invites to your friends to join you on cricinfo fantasy cricket or you can join a league if you have got an invitation from another user.

Creating a league - When you have created a league, you will need to go to the league page to invite your friend(s). Your friend(s) will receive a unique code (LPIN) as part of the invitation e-mail. Please note that the LPIN is not generated on the web page, but sent to your friends via e-mail.

Joining a League - To join an existing league, you will need an invitation e-mail from another user. When any of your friend(s) creates a league and sends you an invite, you will receive an invitation e-mail which will contain a unique code (LPIN). You will need to visit the 'join league' page, select your team and enter this LPIN to join the league.

What is an LPIN and how is it useful?
    When you invite your friends to join a league, the system generates a unique code, which we call an LPIN and this code is sent via email to your friend(s) to help them join your league.

In the same manner, if you have received an e-mail to join a league, the e-mail would contain an LPIN. You will need to visit the 'join league' page, select your team and enter this LPIN to join the league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the code in my email

115816-470683c02e851612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Code: 115816-470683c02e851612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiremote wrote: »
    Code: 115816-470683c02e851612

Did it work for you then ?
    Its usually only a 5 digit number
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the big number i checked on another site who play
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, now awaitng approval.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im ok now:p.Awaiting approval:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team news is gonna be paramount in this with a lot of players ive never heard of after not really watching it before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah good its sorted your both in.

Anyone else wanting to join PM me your email address and cricinfo username.

Cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a sec thats the same code you both got there , it says above about unique codes to each player , oh well no worries thats all good then.

Anyone else wanting to join use this code.

Code: 115816-470683c02e851612.

If for some reason it does'nt work send me you email address and cricinfo username and i will send out an invite.

Cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Team news is gonna be paramount in this with a lot of players ive never heard of after not really watching it before.

I had a look at wikipedia the other day to check out some of the stats of players , definatly handy i've forgotten a lot of the lesser known performers from last year.

I think after every team has played once or twice we'll all get a good idea of all the players , its a long comp this one so plenty of leeway of you dont get a great start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a look at wikipedia the other day to check out some of the stats of players , definatly handy i've forgotten a lot of the lesser known performers from last year.

I think after every team has played once or twice we'll all get a good idea of all the players , its a long comp this one so plenty of leeway of you dont get a great start.

Yeah will have a look at Wikipedia tomorrow.:)

Are captain changes unlimited ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the captains changes are unlimited.

I just had a look a both your teams and they are the same? lol weird , check it out 1 of you will have to repick your team it looks like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the captains changes are unlimited.

I just had a look a both your teams and they are the same? lol weird , check it out 1 of you will have to repick your team it looks like.

Thats an automated job:p Cause my original team got swiped.
    Want to see team news first anyhow on friday;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i see , if you do pick a team now you still have unlimited changes until the start of the first match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i see , if you do pick a team now you still have unlimited changes until the start of the first match.

Yeah.im gonna put them in thursday night then alter any friday if need be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 registered so far.........
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I.m in

Team name More No Balls
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I've registered a team -name "All-Star Skank" waiting confirmation