BIG spoilers for House

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

Considering that the finale will have been filmed and in the can for a few weeks now, i imagine that she wont even get a proper goodbye. Hopefully they manage to persuade her to make a cameo in the Season 8 premiere or something. For her to just disappear would be a damn shame.

Although that said, i wouldn't be surprised if they manage to get her to return full time in the time between now and September.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Won't be the same show without her.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she's left on good terms then I imagine she'll be open to the odd guest slot here and there and season 8 does turn out to be the last one I can't imagine she won't come back for the finale.

But it certainly won't be the same though.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    I'll miss that ass.
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read the story - and don't want to - but I consider this a spoiler on DigitalSpy's part as they have it plastered across the front page!! :mad:
    Considering the info on the finale mentions something to do with the House/Cuddy relationship, this headline heavily hints towards what that outcome might well be!

Not the first time DS have done this either. :mad:
  • jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that an actor leaving a show is a spoiler. It is news. I know it affects the plotlines on dramas but if you take Charlie Sheen as an example - there is no way you can say his departure from One and A Half Men is a spoiler or Simon Cowell/Cheryl Cole leaving X Factor in the UK is. When Elisabeth Sladen died you can't say that is a spoiler regarding Dr Who or the Sarah Jane Adventures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame, shes my fave thing about the show (even as good as Hugh Laurie is!). I was expecting that next season would be the shows last, but its gonna be a lot less fun without Cuddy around!
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    jlighthi wrote: »
    I don't think that an actor leaving a show is a spoiler. It is news. I know it affects the plotlines on dramas but if you take Charlie Sheen as an example - there is no way you can say his departure from One and A Half Men is a spoiler or Simon Cowell/Cheryl Cole leaving X Factor in the UK is. When Elisabeth Sladen died you can't say that is a spoiler regarding Dr Who or the Sarah Jane Adventures.

But if an actor is leaving a show, then so is the character that actor plays (in a body bag, or not).

Surely that is a spoiler?
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »

IMO Charlie Sheen's huge public meltdown (or genius act!!) was unavoidable; Cowell/Cole is not the same thing as affecting a story; and death of a lead actor is tragic.
    Lisa Edelstein leaving of her own choice could impact on Cuddy's story in the finale of this season. For all I know, she could have made the choice after filming finish, and now the writers have to make something up at the beginning of S8.
    Point being, with the finale coming up surely this can be considered a spoiler?

As an example, I did not know Kal Penn was leaving House in S5 (although it was probably reported somewhere) and the impact of Kutner's suicide was greater for it.

BigFoot87 wrote: »
    But if an actor is leaving a show, then so is the character that actor plays (in a body bag, or not).

Surely that is a spoiler?

Agreed, this is my opinion too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be too unhappy to see the back of Cuddy, she's really annoyed me in the last season....claiming she was unconditionally in love with House then forever laying down conditions for him to follow to keep her love.

:mad:

I've heard that Wilson is sticking around, so maybe, just maybe, we can get some Hilson action going :o;).
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess a good comparison in a sense would be melina kanakeredis leaving CSI:NY before Season 7 started. No exit story or anything, just written out with a minor plot point - and even getting someone else to voice-over her line.

and now, coming towards the end of the season, it's like "stella who?".

maybe cuddy will meet the same fate ?. the new season will start and we'll be told she's moved on or been fired. depending on lisa edelstein's relationship with the producers i guess it's even possible they could kill cuddy off ?
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would of thought this should lead them into thinking - is it time to call it quits?

Whilst I have really enjoyed the many seasons of House - it has become virtually the same story each week now.

Random actor collapses whilst at work/play
    The team sit around guessing the cause.
    Several failed guesses lead to incorrect treatment and the patient gets worse.
    Soemone says something that makes House realise the truth at the 11th hour - case closed

repeat....

Even the peripheral "noise" is now stale - House winding up one or all of the minor characters whilst clutching his aching leg.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems it was all about the money. Lisa refused the money on offer and Fox said bye bye.

So doubt she will come back to film a few epsiodes to give closure.

I will miss her, but its always been about House and Wilson for me.
  • Sem1Sem1 Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess a good comparison in a sense would be melina kanakeredis leaving CSI:NY before Season 7 started. No exit story or anything, just written out with a minor plot point - and even getting someone else to voice-over her line.

and now, coming towards the end of the season, it's like "stella who?".

maybe cuddy will meet the same fate ?. the new season will start and we'll be told she's moved on or been fired. depending on lisa edelstein's relationship with the producers i guess it's even possible they could kill cuddy off ?

No it isn't,it like we want Stella back and get rid of PANE. Thank you!:D
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sem1 wrote: »
    No it isn't,it like we want Stella back and get rid of PANE. Thank you!:D

Big rumours CSI NY is being cancelled anyway. I actually like it the best of the CSIs now.
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Big rumours CSI NY is being cancelled anyway. I actually like it the best of the CSIs now.

No worries on this. CBS announced their 2011/2012 season earlier this week, and all 3 CSI's have lived to shine torches in dark places another year :)