The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not wrong at all, Pashanistas is the general term for the Pasha type fans :D:p to be goofy, lol

I love this nickname! Im a pashanista then:D!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *hands edy the offical Pashanista tshirt in a fabolous color of course* welcome aboard

Nice name brainstorming everyone :D
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chevalev is extremely clever but I fear that the mocking brigade would come out in full force and start calling them Chavalevs as in chavvy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *hands edy the offical Pashanista tshirt in a fabolous color of course* welcome aboard

Nice name brainstorming everyone :D
    Thanks I prefer the color pink btw:).
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I think Chevalev is extremely clever but I fear that the mocking brigade would come out in full force and start calling them Chavalevs as in chavvy.

I'm sure they would - although I'm not sure it really matters ;). Chelsee is going to be called a chav, whatever happens - maybe embracing it is the best policy!

I don't think Chelsee makes the best first impression (just in terms of 'ideal Strictly candidate').....but....the training snippets and teaser show she's working hard, being a good student (and not a brat), can laugh at herself and be graceful!. I can't help feeling her best policy is to just confound everyone's expectations on the dancefloor. I hope she doesn't feel under any pressure to become someone she's not (all ladylike and demure). Her charm might just lie in being a bit rough around the edges in real life (I'm trying not to say chavvy! :p) and then dancing like dream :).

As far as their team name goes, why not see if there are any other suggestions and ask Chelsee and Pasha what they think? (if a tweeter would be willing :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I'm sure they would - although I'm not sure it really matters ;). Chelsee is going to be called a chav, whatever happens - maybe embracing it is the best policy!

I don't think Chelsee makes the best first impression (just in terms of 'ideal Strictly candidate').....but....the training snippets and teaser show she's working hard, being a good student (and not a brat), can laugh at herself and be graceful!. I can't help feeling her best policy is to just confound everyone's expectations on the dancefloor. I hope she doesn't feel under any pressure to become someone she's not (all ladylike and demure). Her charm might just lie in being a bit rough around the edges in real life (I'm trying not to say chavvy! :p) and then dancing like dream :).

As far as their team name goes, why not see if there are any other suggestions and ask Chelsee and Pasha what they think? (if a tweeter would be willing :))
    That would be good but unfortunately Im not on twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Fridgesoup.

I agree with what you say about Chelsee. I like that she is who she is and that Pasha seems very happy to have her as a partner. You could certainly tell in the Blue Peter clip by the way they looked at each other.

I will not comment about the posts on DS but if you have ever read some of Chelsee's twitter feed people can be quite cruel to her. Neither Chelsee nor Pasha respond to any of these which I think says a lot about them that they don't try to be defensive or take umbridge, they just seem focused on getting ready for the show.

All the suggestions are quite clever. There was a suggestion of the name Pastee on the BBC site and of course that one would be a mocker's dream.

I had said before I would much like her to just be herself than to try to attempt to be something she isn't. I find both Chelsee and Pasha very charming as a couple and I think they are very much gelling as a couple. If her dancing is wonderful come Saturday night, I hoping that the public will grow to love her and want ot pick up the phone. We will just have to see how it all plays out.

Does anyone have another team name suggestions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sent a DM to Chelsee we will see if she lets me know :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While we wait for Saturday's dance Pasha is a road warrior.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2072803540766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he really single? I remembered from his sytycd days that he was partnered with Anya quite a lot and they were rumours that they might be romantically involved. So whats the story? Just curious:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya has been his dance partner since before they came to the US. Pasha has been quoted as not having wanted to dance with her when they were first paired up, in his cute way of teasing.

Their having been a pair I am not sure has ever been confirmed, I think and they have been asked and said no at one time in the recent past.

I do know Pasha has always been rather protective over his personal life something I fully respect and understand so He may be single he may not be, I try not to speculate.

I know that doesn't really answer the question, but it is all I know. But hey on the dance floor he has chemistry with a dust bunny and that is what makes me a happy camper :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    It's always been suspected that Pasha and Anya dated or something like that, but to my knowledge they are just good friends and dance partners. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But hey on the dance floor he has chemistry with a dust bunny and that is what makes me a happy camper :D

Lol. :D That's going to keep me smiling all day....thanks LadyAmbrosia. Sending loads of luck to both Pasha and Chelsee, it's going to be great..x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol. :D That's going to keep me smiling all day....thanks LadyAmbrosia. Sending loads of luck to both Pasha and Chelsee, it's going to be great..x

hehehe your welcome. I am nervous for them Hope it all goes well :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always been suspected that Pasha and Anya dated or something like that, but to my knowledge they are just good friends and dance partners. :)

ok:).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she has a lovely dress for her waltz and that they dance like a dream tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited for tomorrow. Unfortunately we are not able to see in the States anymore so it would mean a lot if any of you can update with how Chelsee and Pasha do in realtime, what the judges said and the scoring. And tell us what her gown looks like and if Pasha is wearing tails. :D Much appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an article on Caitlyn Lawson who danced the Argentine tango and samba with Pasha this season of sytycd. She says they only have 7 hours to learn a dance.

This is what she said re Pasha.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/towns/index.ssf/2011/09/young_dancer_follows_dream_on.html
    She also got paired with all-star Pasha Kovalev, a ballroom expert, who was a contestant on “So You Think You Can Dance” a few years ago.

“I was always in love with Pasha ... he was so nice and I learned so much from him. It was like getting private ballroom dance lessons,” she said.

I remember an ealier interview with her saying that when they they rehearsed the AT he kept telling her to look at him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww. I really hope they do well tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arent they dancing the waltz? I am only asking because she didnt have a ballroom dress on today's show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Excited for tomorrow. Unfortunately we are not able to see in the States anymore so it would mean a lot if any of you can update with how Chelsee and Pasha do in realtime, what the judges said and the scoring. And tell us what her gown looks like and if Pasha is wearing tails. :D Much appreciated.

Lili - is that because iPlayer wasn't streaming live last night? (most odd - it upset a few people, I think :confused:). It should still be available on catch-up. Have you tried tvcatchup. com? (for live streaming - not catch-up, confusingly!) Not sure if you can watch in the US....
    edy10 wrote: »
    Arent they dancing the waltz? I am only asking because she didnt have a ballroom dress on today's show.

She was wearing that hideous outfit from the launch show, wasn't she?! :eek: There's no announcement on the BBC website yet. Maybe it's salsa first and waltz next week...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the interview with Catilynn saying Pasha kept telling her to look at him..how could she not *wink* okay okay little cheeky aside it was good instruction IMO esp with the story of that dance.

As for the outfit being back. The outfit looks like the one from the photo shoot, and Chelsee was not the only one Harry, Edwina ect. I think those dancing tonight had on those outfits and last nights had on their dance outfits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the interview with Catilynn saying Pasha kept telling her to look at him..how could she not *wink* okay okay little cheeky aside it was good instruction IMO esp with the story of that dance.

As for the outfit being back. The outfit looks like the one from the photo shoot, and Chelsee was not the only one Harry, Edwina ect. I think those dancing tonight had on those outfits and last nights had on their dance outfits.

Yes, you're right - they probably don't want to reveal the dancing outfits till tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the BBC site:
    Today's rehearsals are proving to be as sizzling as a surprise Indian summer in October.

So make sure you tune-in for a cha-cha-cha from Alex, Edwina, Harry and Jason, and a ballroom blitz with a waltz from Chelsee, Nancy and Rory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili - is that because iPlayer wasn't streaming live last night? (most odd - it upset a few people, I think :confused:). It should still be available on catch-up. Have you tried tvcatchup. com? (for live streaming - not catch-up, confusingly!) Not sure if you can watch in the US....

She was wearing that hideous outfit from the launch show, wasn't she?! :eek: There's no announcement on the BBC website yet. Maybe it's salsa first and waltz next week...

Thanks for that info Fridgesoup. TVcatchup does not work outside of UK. :cry: I tried.

Anyway, Pasha twittered dress rehearsal is over and is ready for the real thing. I saw rehearsal pic and she is wearing a gown. :) and he is in tails.

I don't want to have too high of expectations for tonight other than I wish them the well and I hope they please the judges and even more important the audience.
This discussion has been closed.