Sick Of Marcus Bentley's Voice !!!!

sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
with CBB coming soon, I am dreading listening to this guy's voice again for umpteen weeks, - he drags out his words unnecessarily and it really grates on me now ! :cool:

Comments

• Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want Dave Lamb (Come Dine With Me) to narrate BB - can you imagine how much he'd take the piss? :D It would be great!!
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been annoyed with his voice since BB started.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Zippy from Rainbow to do it, he'd jump at the chance as he hadsn't worked in a while and if he gets annoying we can zip him up for a bit :p
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    No way. He has been the only consistency for the last 13 years... A Geordie who's voice I don't hate
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 never used to use to use him for the eviction nights. I find his repetitive shouty 'Sooorphie, you have been eevicted' voice does get on your nerves after a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    What about Derek Acorah?

lol

...WH
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote: »
    I really want Dave Lamb (Come Dine With Me) to narrate BB - can you imagine how much he'd take the piss? :D It would be great!!

brilliant idea !!!!!! love him !!! and his voice never grates
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Channel 4 never used to use to use him for the eviction nights. I find his repetitive shouty 'Sooorphie, you have been eevicted' voice does get on your nerves after a while.

pleeeeeeeeeeeease leeeeeeeve th biiig bruttttther howwwwwse

aarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad:
    Just wish he would shuuuuuuuuuuutup:mad:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His voice is overused now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Derek Acorah?

lol

...WH
    :eek:
    he's be saying people's names who arn't even in the House - (Mary-Rose who passed in 1829 is by the cupboard :eek: and Sam my spirit guide is telling me tragedy struck he once, in and around the bedroom ceiling and the jacuzzi is built on an old memorial ground :rolleyes::rolleyes:)
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »

Big Brother should do that still. Technically, Marcus isn't BB, so how can he evict someone? :D
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    with CBB coming soon, I am dreading listening to this guy's voice again for umpteen weeks, - he drags out his words unnecessarily and it really grates on me now ! :cool:

Thought i was the only one.:mad:Ughhh,he's so annoying,ugghhh he's so annoyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant idea !!!!!! love him !!! and his voice never grates

Dave Lamb is great & makes 'Come Dine' - don't think I'd watch if they got rid of him! :o

I reckon he'd have so much fun with BB and it would bring a totally different element to it! In the HL's after the eviction, when a HM's name has been called out & they're on their way out, he could shout out 'TAXI'! :D
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Marcus. And hope he's there from now until the end. However, it would be nice if they let him tone it down sometimes though.

But it would be a real loss if he left in my opinion/
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmas voice is even worse
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmas voice is even worse

Agreed! She is okay on eviction nights about 60% of the time. But she squeeks too often to be the proper narrator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching the first BB the other day with the lovely Anna Nolan - who should have won :) and I cannot believe how much Marcus Bentley has deliberately changed the way he talks, he sounds completely different which is ridiculous as he's obviously made a conscious decision to exaggerate his Geordie accent...how pretentious and shallow is that? :rolleyes:

I must admit his voice really grates :eek:, and I think it's time for a change, apparently he got the job because the producers liked the way he said 'chickens'!
    They should have brought in some fresh talent when the show moved to Channel 5. :sleep:
    I think that a nice soft, subtle 'Edinburgh brogue' would sound good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I have always hated the way he speaks.

One trait in particulat is the way he pronounces the number 8, it's like:

"Seven ohw aaaayyte peeyemmm"

Gah even thinking about it winds me up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    "Seven ohw aaaayyte peeyemmm"

LOL:D:D

...WH
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I don't mind him or his voice, but is it my imagination or does he sound more Geordie now, than when BB first started. I swear his accent is getting stronger by the series. :confused:
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB wouldn't be BB without Marcus! I love his accent!
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it, but then they have like game task and he's talking all fast and shouty it's just cringey :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Give AJ Marcus' Job!
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Odd you should say this,. i watched an old dvd of bb2(ahhh the memories when BB was at its best) and his voice was no way as "geordie" as it is now he is bloody putting it on "preeeeeevvvviiiiooouuussssllllyy" so OTT, yes he obviously is Geordie but put it this way he is more broader than he was 12 years ago;)
  • Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the way he pronounces luxury as 'luggzeurry' always winds me up.
    To be fair a lot of people do that. annoying