Forum Member
    Agree 100%.
  • radiofan4radiofan4 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    why not Beyonce?
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is the Queen of the Universe!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Because she is the Queen of the Universe!

Exactly!!!! Queen B runs the world!!!
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really showing how untalented everyone besides Sam is.
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah , she's not really got the song back catalogue full of classics , may as well picked anyone famous for the last 5 years
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Why not? She is no where near my favourite (Beyonce) but she is a living legend...I seem to remember Matt Cardle smashing "If I Were A Boy" so it is possible for guys to do Beyonce.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is mutha****in' KING BEY
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Elton John will show them up too I reckon.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    because it plays to the strengths of the favorites
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They expected Tamera to still be here this week it would've been her week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? She is no where near my favourite (Beyonce) but she is a living legend...I seem to remember Matt Cardle smashing "If I Were A Boy" so it is possible for guys to do Beyonce.

Living legend ??!! Good grief! She's just an ok singer who tries too hard to be sexy , that's all, she has no signature song which all the greats would have.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    They expected Tamera to still be here this week it would've been her week
    you could be right
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Getting ready to hide behind the settee for the Elton songs (HUGE FAN) and I can't bear to see his songs torn to bits.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    lightblues wrote: »
    Living legend ??!! Good grief! She's just an ok singer who tries too hard to be sexy , that's all, she has no signature song which all the greats would have.

Are you actually serious? An okay singer?...Clearly not to the masses she has been topping charts more than a Decade.

As for signature songs? Crazy in Love, Halo, Single Ladies, If I Were A Boy and I'm not even a Beyonce fan.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyoncè is amazing. Don't blame her because none of the contestants can sing her songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

An ok singer? The fact that all the acts bar Sam have struggled with the songs show that she is more than an ok singer. And no signature song? Crazy In Love i.e the biggest and best pop song of the last 20 years, you just need to watch this to see how she actually is a living legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeyqChOSwk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    She is an international superstar. I just understand why there would be a theme at this stage. If they really wanted to give contestants an identity, they should allow them to sing what they want. Might make it a better quality show and an even playing field
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been around for nearly 15 years, and has had the strongest R&B/pop voice in mainstream music during that period.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you actually serious? An okay singer?...Clearly not to the masses she has been topping charts more than a Decade.

As for signature songs? Crazy in Love, Halo, Single Ladies, If I Were A Boy and I'm not even a Beyonce fan.

I'm very serious, just because she's successful doesn't mean she's a legend , all the songs you have mentioned are just half decent pop songs , no more than that , crazy in love is probably the best of that lot and my favourite
    .topping the charts ?! What with destiny a child's? Over a decade? Destinys child's pitiful efforts early on were hardly classics, Beyonce is a perfect example of 'style 'over content in the current music biz ,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    She's been around for nearly 15 years, and has had the strongest R&B/pop voice in mainstream music during that period.

Strongest voice !?? Did you not hear Destinys child's first album ,believe me Mariah,Christina , Jennifer Hudson and others have nothing to worry about
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very serious, just because she's successful doesn't mean she's a legend , all the songs you have mentioned are just half decent pop songs , no more than that , crazy in love is probably the best of that lot and my favourite
    .topping the charts ?! What with destiny a child's? Over a decade? Destinys child's pitiful efforts early on were hardly classics, Beyonce is a perfect example of 'style 'over content in the current music biz ,

I really cant tell if you are trolling or not. Style over content is Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga even Rihanna at times (even though im a huge fan) but no you cannot say that Beyonce's voice isnt good. She isnt the best singer to ever grace the stage but she does have a really great voice and is the most consistent singer i've ever seen. Also please dont come for DC 'pitiful' really? Go listen to The Writings On The Wall and tell me DC are pitiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An ok singer? The fact that all the acts bar Sam have struggled with the songs show that she is more than an ok singer. And no signature song? Crazy In Love i.e the biggest and best pop song of the last 20 years, you just need to watch this to see how she actually is a living legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeyqChOSwk

crazy in love is fab , I love it , but it's not a signature song , I think she herself would admit that , it's just a damn good song , she is still searching for that One song , Listen was supposed to be that song and it didn't work out , Adele, Mariah,Christina, Celine and many others have one song that could be written on their grave stone.I've followed her career from the beginning and she's a good act, no more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really cant tell if you are trolling or not. Style over content is Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga even Rihanna at times (even though im a huge fan) but no you cannot say that Beyonce's voice isnt good. She isnt the best singer to ever grace the stage but she does have a really great voice and is the most consistent singer i've ever seen. Also please dont come for DC 'pitiful' really? Go listen to The Writings On The Wall and tell me DC are pitiful.

Can't tell if I'm trolling ? Simply putting forward my opinion , I didn't say her voice isn't good , read my post again , you say she isn't the best singer to grace the stage , so you agree with me obviously

Katy Perry and lady Ga Ga are rather good song writers as well as artists, DC were aimed at a certain market EN Vogue they were not ! Entertaining ?yes good to look at ? Yes.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strongest voice !?? Did you not hear Destinys child's first album ,believe me Mariah,Christina , Jennifer Hudson and others have nothing to worry about

I loved Destiny Childs' first album. In the early 90s, Mariah was immaculate, but her voice is broken now - it's nothing like capable of doing what she once did. I like Christina, but she's a bit shouty. Jennifer Hudson is a one of the best singers to have emerged in the last decade, but her music is exceptionally dull. Outside the States, she's not very well-known. A Beyonce week was perfectly justified.