Options

Islams version of justice?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Human rights should always take precedence over primitive fantasy bullshit beliefs.

I wish the Human race would grow up. :(
    Oddly enough, I don't think the violent and bitter history between Sudan and South Sudan is to do with the precise status of Jesus and the Virgin Mary. Do you?
    So we should all shut up and turn a blind eye eye to the the horrific plight of this woman and her unborn child in case that makes us sound anti-islamic to object? :confused:
    How on earth do you get that from what anyone has said? We merely have to distinguish between brutal and oppressive political leaders and an entire world religion embracing millions of men, women and children.
    Hospitality has absolutely nothing to do with religion. The two most hospitable families I know are practicing Catholics and non religious. I have however come across a few Muslim families who are far from hospitable, did not want their children to go to non-muslim children's birthday parties or play out with them.:(
    I was not suggesting that they had a monopoly on hospitality, but that it is a very major part of islamic culture.
    As for popping into my local mosque I doubt I would be welcome as even Muslim women do not go there, it is strictly a Muslim men only affair.

I have never heard of or seen a men-only mosque. Which one is it, if you don't mind saying?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough, I don't think the violent and bitter history between Sudan and South Sudan is to do with the precise status of Jesus and the Virgin Mary. Do you?

How on earth do you get that from what anyone has said? We merely have to distinguish between brutal and oppressive political leaders and an entire world religion embracing millions of men, women and children.

I was not suggesting that they had a monopoly on hospitality, but that it is a very major part of islamic culture.

I have never heard of or seen a men-only mosque. Which one is it, if you don't mind saying?

I don't care about them as they do not exist (and Mohammed probably did not either).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Primitive, shameful and utterly disgusting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we should all shut up and turn a blind eye eye to the the horrific plight of this woman and her unborn child in case that makes us sound anti-islamic to object? :confused:

Erm, no. I was referring to comments such as "they want to take over the USA" and "there are more of them than you think and soon they will outnumber us and it's all doom & gloom" - in what way is any of this related to the topic at hand?
    So have I got this right?

A few people posting anonymously on an internet forum can make you lose your faith in humanity because of their opinions.

But it being reported that a pregnant woman, mother of a toddler, will be lashed and then killed doesn't.

OK.........................

BIB: No, you haven't got it right at all. Nowhere did I say I wasn't appalled by that. But why is that an excuse for some to post comments such as the ones I mentioned? An excuse to have a go at Islam at large?

For the record: I disagree completely with this case and find it completely disgusting that it's being allowed to happen. This goes far beyond losing faith in humanity. It's f****d up on a whole different level.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »

For the record: I disagree completely with this case and find it completely disgusting that it's being allowed to happen. This goes far beyond losing faith in humanity. It's f****d up on a whole different level.

Shame you didn't say this initially but I guess having a pop at members here was more important to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame you didn't say this initially but I guess having a pop at members here was more important to you.

Shame about the scaremongering that goes on, but I guess that's alright, eh?

Anyone else going to take my comments about scaremongering out of context in an attempt to suggest I support this disgusting act? (I could do with the roll eyes smiley).
  • Options
    Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting story, this behavior should be exposed for the world to see.
    Some people here seem to not care about this Christian Woman at all.
    They would rather cry that this thread is "anti Islam" Pathetic.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean it will ever happen. It is all scare mongering as far as I can see.

And no doubt that's what Sudan thought once.
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheTruth1983
    Doesn't mean it will ever happen. It is all scare mongering as far as I can see.

>>>

>>>

Its understood it is a fact that the declared and ultimate goal of Islam is to dominate the world. So far as the UK is involved we can see the ever increasing presence of Muslims growing stronger year by year within our country with little or no interest by the UK Govt, other than seeming to welcome any Muslim increase in our population. Bringing to mind the old adage - Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheTruth1983

>>>

>>>

Its understood it is a fact that the declared and ultimate goal of Islam is to dominate the world. So far as the UK is involved we can see the ever increasing presence of Muslims growing stronger year by year within our country with little or no interest by the UK Govt, other than seeming to welcome any Muslim increase in our population. Bringing to mind the old adage - Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey.

It all depends what kind of Muslims they are - moderate or extremist.

Where I live in Derby, I see more moderate Muslims ( eg young women covering their hair but wearing jeans and high-heel shoes, walking alongside other young women who have their hair completely uncovered ) than more devout Muslims, who dress like they're still in Afganistan.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »

keep hearing this moderate bit and maybe it does exist.
    Though go up to a Moderate Muslim and show him/ her the nice drawing of Muhammad you have drew.
    See how moderate they are then. :o
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    getzls wrote: »
    keep hearing this moderate bit and maybe it does exist.
    Though go up to a Moderate Muslim and show him/ her the nice drawing of Muhammad you have drew.
    See how moderate they are then. :o

Go up to anyone and be gratuitously offensive and you may get a reaction that is less than moderate..
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Go up to anyone and be gratuitously offensive and you may get a reaction that is less than moderate..

Surely not drawing muhammad,should only apply to muslims. As its the rules of there religion and islamic religious rules do not apply to non muslims.

Like christianity or jewish religious rules only apply to them and not to non christian or Jews.

As religious rules should only apply to the religious,
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Surely not drawing muhammad,should only apply to muslims. As its the rules of there religion and islamic religious rules do not apply to non muslims.

Like christianity or jewish religious rules only apply to them and not to non christian or Jews.

>>>>
    bringing to mind - order - disorder - counterorder
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Shame about the scaremongering that goes on, but I guess that's alright, eh?

Anyone else going to take my comments about scaremongering out of context in an attempt to suggest I support this disgusting act? (I could do with the roll eyes smiley).

Maurice, I have to say I think you are being a bit naive. Please do not turn a blind eye to the extremist Muslims' intentions. They are hardly a secret unless you want to pretend they mean you no harm (unless you are a Muslim yourself, in which case you should be fine).

May I add that I find some aspects of Islam quite interesting and think every religion has something positive to teach us. I used to live in a 'Muslim' area of London and found everyone very law-abiding and peaceful. As a woman I felt relatively safe there. The Muslims I have known personally were very warm and wonderful people.

This does not mean we should excuse or ignore the violent acts and dangerous plans of many other Muslims around the world, committed in the name of their religion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Maurice, I have to say I think you are being a bit naive. Please do not turn a blind eye to the extremist Muslims' intentions. They are hardly a secret unless you want to pretend they mean you no harm (unless you are a Muslim yourself, in which case you should be fine).

May I add that I find some aspects of Islam quite interesting and think every religion has something positive to teach us. I used to live in a 'Muslim' area of London and found everyone very law-abiding and peaceful. As a woman I felt relatively safe there. The Muslims I have known personally were very warm and wonderful people.

This does not mean we should excuse or ignore the violent acts and dangerous plans of many other Muslims around the world, committed in the name of their religion.

I have nothing but contempt for those who hold extremist views. But phrases such as "there are more of them than you think" and "they plan on doing X, Y and Z" (such as taking over Britain) are hardly helping the situation here, and usually do nothing but cause more problems. Yes I am under no illusion that there are some out there who wish to do such things but I'm not particularly concerned about them because I don't see them getting very far.

If it comes to "us vs them" then I have to say that if, by a long shot, Muslims do some day become the majority, in the UK I suspect that the majority would still be moderate and therefore wouldn't worry about having to live under the Sharia law.

As for a question you asked earlier - no I don't want Sharia law to be implemented in the UK because I think religion and law shouldn't go hand in hand.

I agree about religion being fascinating; even as an atheist, I do find the lifestyles of the devout to be rather interesting.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    :confused:

I did not say they are taking over the USA at the moment. It will take 20 years min.

I shouldn't worry about it. Statistically, people are losing their faith faster than any religion is growing. It's projected that religion will have died out in 24 years.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »

>>>>
    bringing to mind - order - disorder - counterorder

I don't follow any religious rules as i am an atheist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »

Well, there are two 'rules' at play here - the first is that Muslims don't draw the Prophet and yes, that would only apply to Muslims. The second however is the deliberate insult of showing such a drawing to a Muslim because you know that they will be offended by such an image, regardless of who draws it.

And, in Islamic countries, many of their religious rules do apply to non-Muslims (depending on the country and the rule)... just as Christian laws used to apply across the board here.

I agree with you that no purely religious law should be applied to anyone who doesn't consent to it, but we are a long way from achieving a totally secular state in the UK, let alone in Sudan.
  • Options
    david_kenndavid_kenn Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I call bullshit on that claim too. Even if it were true, who is to say that the majority of these Muslims are not more moderate who do not believe in Sharia Law? Who is to say that mainstream Islam will not evolve like Christianity did to remove the more extreme elements of the faith?

Sharia Laws serves to open justice to the country, if there is a capital punishment laid out on the perpetrator, then crime on rape will significantly go down, as it will strike fear on anyone who have the instinct to violate anyone sexually. Of course the rape has to be proved first with strong evidence and confession by the person in question. Women would be allowed to work and keep her salary as she pleases and wishes and a man would be shouldered with responsibility to provide for their family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So images of prophets are forbidden in Islam.
    Jesus is commonly depicted everywhere, so what will they do about that?

Second of all Depicting Mohammed is not forbidden in the Shia version of Islam.
    Go to any Shia Market and you will see pictures of mohammed everywhere.
    Go to a Shia Muslims house and they will have pictures of Mohammed on the wall.
    Sunni extremists are the ones that go crazy if an image of mohammed is shown.
  • Options
    david_kenndavid_kenn Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So images of prophets are forbidden in Islam.
    Jesus is commonly depicted everywhere, so what will they do about that?

Second of all Depicting Mohammed is not forbidden in the Shia version of Islam.
    Go to any Shia Market and you will see pictures of mohammed everywhere.
    Go to a Shia Muslims house and they will have pictures of Mohammed on the wall.
    Sunni extremists are the ones that go crazy if an image of mohammed is shown.

Islam speaks against the depiction of any prophets but since christians don't believe in Muhammad PBUH, it is serious to depict him as a bomber or a cartoon character. It's the same way anti-semitic symbol will cause an uproar in the jewish world, making an anti-semetic symbol is considered a crime and serve a heavy penalty in western country, same way it is considered in islam not to depict the prophet PBUH, since we know what the intention of this journalist was to upset and offend the muslim community, a muslim would never say anything against Jesus or Moses PBUT as it would be considered blasphemous in the islamic law. Say anything against jesus in an arab country, you can land yourself in trouble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_kenn wrote: »
    Islam speaks against the depiction of any prophets but since christians don't believe in Muhammad PBUH, it is serious to depict him as a bomber or a cartoon character. It's the same way anti-semitic symbol will cause an uproar in the jewish world, making an anti-semetic symbol is considered a crime and serve a heavy penalty in western country, same way it is considered in islam not to depict the prophet PBUH, since we know what the intention of this journalist was to upset and offend the muslim community, a muslim would never say anything against Jesus or Moses PBUT as it would be considered blasphemous in the islamic law. Say anything against jesus in an arab country, you can land yourself in trouble.

So why do Shia Muslims have images of Mohammed everywhere?
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »

Where I live in Derby, I see more moderate Muslims ( eg young women covering their hair but wearing jeans and high-heel shoes, walking alongside other young women who have their hair completely uncovered ) than more devout Muslims, who dress like they're still in Afganistan.

I think this is what will happen over time, certainly in the west. Second, third, fourth, generations of UK-born Muslims are moving away from the strict interpretations of the religion of those who originally moved to this country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    david_kenn wrote: »
    Sharia Laws serves to open justice to the country, if there is a capital punishment laid out on the perpetrator, then crime on rape will significantly go down, as it will strike fear on anyone who have the instinct to violate anyone sexually. Of course the rape has to be proved first with strong evidence and confession by the person in question. Women would be allowed to work and keep her salary as she pleases and wishes and a man would be shouldered with responsibility to provide for their family.

No thanks :) We have stopped executing people in the UK for a reason - it isn't a deterrent in any case.

Oh, and I don't have a husband.. I have a wife and we don't need to be 'provided for' by any man.

Live your life the way that you wish, but please respect other's rights to do the same.