Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Ken 'n Dave tomorrow!! Shelagh Fogarty filling in. Surely we could have Somebody 'n Somebody to keep the format going. J O'B 'n George Galloway? Owen Jones 'n Richard Littlejohn? Nick Ferrari 'n Polly Toynbee?

Morning all. :)

anyone BUT Shelagh Fogarty would be preferable...>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    It should be a good one and so glad it's on for an hour
    The only downer for some will be the fact that Steve and Tony are a mutual appreciation society and you will hear Tony is a walking encyclopaedia where Steve Is concerned
    In fact Tony has more knowledge of Steve than Steve does !😁

Oh dear! :o
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    lordloz wrote: »
    anyone BUT Shelagh Fogarty would be preferable...>:(>:(>:(

She's far to bland, boringly uninspiring as a female 'token' for radio. Nice voice or not, she's pretty vacuous.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    It didn't CREATE the problem I didn't say it did
    I just said that comments like that AFTER THE EVENT don't help and as I've said also I too have been guilty of it in the past myself

Please don't shout.
    Comments criticizing this particular event should be lauded lest the perpetrator regards the absence of them as carte blanche to continue such personal attacks.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    She's far to bland, boringly uninspiring as a female 'token' for radio. Nice voice or not, she's pretty vacuous.

I've only heard her on 5 Live, not heard her on LBC yet. I assume she's technically proficient, having been trained to the max by the beeb (which we've paid for) but is there no opinion?

I used to like Fi Glover.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FGS! The thread is for commenting on LBC, not commenting on other posters. Do you want another swathe of posts removed?
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Not sure who was talking about Olly Mann ( was it you Mike?) discussing vinyl records, but I agree. I thought it set just the right tone at that late time of night and I enjoyed listening to the show. More please LBC. :)

Good lord! His picture doesn't look anything like his voice!!!! :o

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000507360940/aeef16e50e511391b2ce0817f581dec2.jpeg

Not many voices look like their picture.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    I see Shelagh Fogarty is doing Petrie's old 2pm Sunday slot this week.

Plus Ken and David show. I thought Ken was with someone else for two weeks and David for two week,.before they are back together?

I see John Stapleton in for James this week from 10am - probably rush over from GMB one day too. I like John.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    I've only heard her on 5 Live, not heard her on LBC yet. I assume she's technically proficient, having been trained to the max by the beeb (which we've paid for) but is there no opinion?

I used to like Fi Glover.

Apologies for quoting myself, but how prophetic was that! Fi Glover just turned up hosting Newsnight!

Not looking good so far..... What is the problem with radio news/current affairs presenters transitioning to TV? Have there been any success stories?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Plus Ken and David show. I thought Ken was with someone else for two weeks and David for two week,.before they are back together?

Perhaps they've gone on holiday together! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Not many voices look like their picture.

I had always pictured an older man. Maybe someone who looks like this:

http://www.geofflumley.org.uk/lbc261/LBCpresenters/Thumbnails/62.jpg

(Actually the late George Gale)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Oh, joy of joys!

It's Olly's (not Duncan's) show that Nick is doing all next week.

Not that I don't like Olly, but as I said, it's such a treat to have Nick through the night!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Nick is again on top form tonight.

He's also got the giggles!

He really is the best of LBC.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Nick's topic tonight, seems he has read Microbes and Man. Always try and shut the toliet lid before flushing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew "Mildred" Pierce's favourite Robin Wiliams films are apparently Mrs Doubtfire and La Cage Au Folles.

Quelle surprise! :)
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mildred attempting a tribute to Lauren Bacall but unfortunately cannot remember her name lol. Talk about getting your knickers in a twist. Can imagine him being a big Hinge and Bracket fan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

He was on top form last night.

And who was that Pamela woman who was having a dig at Doris from Ongar ? Made me laugh when she said 'Nicky darling' ....

The only problem I have with Nick covering for Olly is that I won't get any sleep for a week!!
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Not sure who was talking about Olly Mann ( was it you Mike?) discussing vinyl records, but I agree. I thought it set just the right tone at that late time of night and I enjoyed listening to the show. More please LBC. :)

Good lord! His picture doesn't look anything like his voice!!!! :o

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000507360940/aeef16e50e511391b2ce0817f581dec2.jpeg

That was Duncan Barkes, Chin. It was great LBC radio.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    Mildred attempting a tribute to Lauren Bacall but unfortunately cannot remember her name lol. Talk about getting your knickers in a twist. Can imagine him being a big Hinge and Bracket fan.

Steve Allen?
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the blazes is Shelagh Foghorn doing on LBC? I thought my DAB wireless had broken this morning. Is she never to be heard on 5 live again?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a theory (ready to be shot down in flames!). Will Petrie take over from Andrew Pierce on Saturday breakfast or they do the programme two-handed?

If LBC want Petrie to replace Kay Burley doing Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast is a bit 'awkward'. I am presuming Petrie is contracted to present a minimum of two shows a week.

Alternatively they may have someone else in mind to takeover from KB but this person is not available yet.

Either way I think something will happen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a theory (ready to be shot down in flames!). Will Petrie take over from Andrew Pierce on Saturday breakfast or they do the programme two-handed?

If LBC want Petrie to replace Kay Burley doing Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast is a bit 'awkward'. I am presuming Petrie is contracted to present a minimum of two shows a week.

Alternatively they may have someone else in mind to takeover from KB but this person is not available yet.

Either way I think something will happen!

Why are her current slots (Sat 1-2.45 & Sun 8-10) awkward?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are her current slots (Sat 1-2.45 & Sun 8-10) awkward?

Both breakfast and lunchtime shows have weekend editions, therefore it makes sense to have the same person presenting both, particularly as Petrie is 'available' to do lunchtime on both days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was Duncan Barkes, Chin. It was great LBC radio.

Oops! Of course it was. :blush::D

Barkes:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/mm/image/26228.jpg

He looks a bit like Stewie himself there, doesn't he?
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the best show in a long time because he was kept away from 'BORING' politics :)
This discussion has been closed.