Options

Jim the fish

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
If the doctor of closing time is 200 years older than previosly, then have we missed Jimenez the fish, and Easter island?

Comments

• Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    yes it was between last weeks ep and this weeks ep im guessing
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    The BBC DW website has an interview with Gareth Roberts which gives an explanation of when and where those 200 years are written into the story. It's not "officially" a spoiler as it's on that site but I'll tag it because I think it should have been...
    Gareth Roberts: It's 200 years after The God Complex - for the Doctor, anyway. All the stuff you saw at the very beginning of The Impossible Astronaut, with him waving to Amy through all time and space, he's been doing that.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110917_02
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shame, I was looking forward to jim the fish ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Drussell16 wrote: »

Hate to break it to you but - you know that fish-custard the Doctor ate - that was Jim.

Bwahaha!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Damn !! :-) (or dam)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drussell16 wrote: »

when the goldfish appeared in last weeks episode i had wondered if it was going to be nicknamed jim...but david walliams ate it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Easter Island was only ever meant as a joke (taking the mickey out of Matt's long face) but given what we've seen of Moffat's warped mind, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see a Jim the Fish story at some point - or at least futher mention of him in years to come.

An underwater story is definitely a "must do" for the show and I'm putting money on there being a Sea Devil story next year. Maybe young Jim can be part of that story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    yes it was between last weeks ep and this weeks ep im guessing

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm putting money on there being a Sea Devil story next year.

About time too! Possibly tied in with some more Silurians, especially if Madame Vastra is involved.

The Sea Devils is the serial I remember most vividly from when I was a kid and haven't seen it since - must revisit sometime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About time too! Possibly tied in with some more Silurians, especially if Madame Vastra is involved.

The Sea Devils is the serial I remember most vividly from when I was a kid and haven't seen it since - must revisit sometime.

Of the "classic" series villains that can be revisited without requiring any major set-up story, the Sea Devils have to be high on the list. They've appeared as photo's and flashbacks a couple of times in the last two years which suggests that Moffat and Co have a soft-spot for them.

Given the terrific job the team did with the Silurians (the make-up is fabulous) - Sea Devils could end up being a real winner.