Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Why are Asda using the theme to Dad's Army what relevance is this to their store?

I just love the fact that Asda uses a tune which has "Hitler" in the original lyrics.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they stop advertising "hit" show RIZZOLI AND BLOODY ISLES then I stand a chance of being happy, or possibly not smashing my tv with a brick.
  • listerlister Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That new wowcher advert is terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    XfactorH8r wrote: »
    What is going on that john lewis advert with the kids dancing by the garden gate to the Specials, why is the black kid looking at him like he's a mong? and what is fatty looking at when he stops dancing? :confused:

I wonder this every time I see that advert! And we'll never know the answer.

The new Phones 4 U advert is creepy as hell, and I find I change the channel whenever it comes on :o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I apologise now, I suddenly thought to myself earlier, thank goodness I haven't seen that prat Lenny Henry for ages and he popped up in the premier inn advert
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    When I saw that Phones 4U ad it really did scare me quite a bit :o I thought it was from a movie or something. Made me jump anyway as you say its really creepy :o
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're all going to disneyworld! Kids screaming etc.

Not a terrible advert as such, but it's on all the blooming time!
    It's really annoying me now.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The never ending wave of crap annoying T Mobile adverts.

How that pretend traffic warden hasn't been punched is beyond belief cos seriously I feel like lamping him one and I already know he's an actor.
  • BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The asda ad with the butcher and his pork crackling "Did you hear that?"

Yeah course we did because it was edited in post production!!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every "coming soon" trailer on BBC - Seriously, this is getting on my nerves now! Why can't they just give us the DATE?!

Barclays - The smug voiceover makes me want to throw a brick at the TV! :mad:

Jobsite - Completely patronising advert that makes me want to avoid using Jobsite to get a job.

Aldi Mayonnaise - The girl that bangs on about dipping different things in mayonnaise seriously annoys me and putting it on corn flakes is just DISGUSTING! I'm tempted to buy Hellman's to annoy Aldi for this horrible excuse of an advert!

Aviva - I hate the stupid dancing Paul Whitehouse does. Nothing in this ad has anything to do with car insurance! "Aviva gave me 10 weeks worth of free insurance." HEY HEY HEY, hold on just one second. It was 12 weeks last year!

Disneyland - Yet more annoying adverts with screaming kids! :mad:

Dettol No Touch Handwash - What a complete joke of a product this is! "FACT! Bacteria can harbour on your soap pump." Ermmm... you do know that you WASH YOUR HANDS after touching that? Utterly pointless product! :mad:
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,020
    Forum Member
    Every "coming soon" trailer on BBC - Seriously, this is getting on my nerves now! Why can't they just give us the DATE?!

Barclays - The smug voiceover makes me want to throw a brick at the TV! :mad:

Jobsite - Completely patronising advert that makes me want to avoid using Jobsite to get a job.

Aldi Mayonnaise - The girl that bangs on about dipping different things in mayonnaise seriously annoys me and putting it on corn flakes is just DISGUSTING! I'm tempted to buy Hellman's to annoy Aldi for this horrible excuse of an advert!

Aviva - I hate the stupid dancing Paul Whitehouse does. Nothing in this ad has anything to do with car insurance! "Aviva gave me 10 weeks worth of free insurance." HEY HEY HEY, hold on just one second. It was 12 weeks last year!

Disneyland - Yet more annoying adverts with screaming kids! :mad:

Dettol No Touch Handwash - What a complete joke of a product this is! "FACT! Bacteria can harbour on your soap pump." Ermmm... you do know that you WASH YOUR HANDS after touching that? Utterly pointless product! :mad:

That's what I've always thought about those ads for the handpump soap things. You don't wash your hands then touch the handpump again. Derrrrrrrrrrr:rolleyes: Trying to scaremonger thick people by chuntering on about smearing all this killer bacteria from your handpump onto your hands then transferring it all over the place.

There's bacteria on door handles, on computer keys, on mobiles etc. Apparently there's more bacteria on the keys of your computer than there is on your toilet seat. Time to get that No Touch Handwash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's on any more, but it certainly was recently - the ad for Ryvita 'breakfast biscuits' where the man is made to look a numpty because he puts too much ketchup on his plate, and the woman is oh so superior. She's the one eating dry crackers while he's having a tasty-looking fry-up... I think we all know who the real winner is in that situation :rolleyes:
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    This stupid advert that is on Youtube (I know it's not tv) before nearly every video I watch which is an animation of a woman rowing a boat and a stupid twee slow sickly girly version of Wherever you will go by The Calling. I don't even know what they are advertising cause as soon as I see the 'skip this ad' button I'm there like a flash. When are they going to stop doing these TERRIBLE quiet,sweet, whispery,twee patronising crappy covers of songs?! It's driving me nuts.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's on any more, but it certainly was recently - the ad for Ryvita 'breakfast biscuits' where the man is made to look a numpty because he puts too much ketchup on his plate, and the woman is oh so superior. She's the one eating dry crackers while he's having a tasty-looking fry-up... I think we all know who the real winner is in that situation :rolleyes:

That would actually be Belvita not Ryvita but I agree, this advert is annoying. The word "breakfast" is said 9 times in the advert! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The only ad that makes me grab the remote is the one(s) for Barclays bank with the awful, irritating, chatty voice-over by (I think) Stephen Merchant.
    God, how I hate it.

'Ah, here's a couple looking for a mortgage. Oh look, a squirrel. Probably looking for his nuts. Now our couple are on their way. Was the squirrel important? No, Im told it wasn't' Gaaaaaaawd almighty, just shut the **** up!

I don't even understand the latest 'eggtimer' ad. SM's discontinuous ramblings completely distract from the message. Just what is it they're trying to advertise?
    Forum Member

I haven't seen this for a while - I'd assumed Dettol had realised the folly of their ways and withdrawn the product.

Anyway that's all from me, I'm off down to the caramel shop.
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    I haven't seen this for a while - I'd assumed Dettol had realised the folly of their ways and withdrawn the product.

The caramel shop where I live is always heaving. I'm off down there in a bit before the rush.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was on yesterday a couple of times:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    I don't even understand the latest 'eggtimer' ad. SM's discontinuous ramblings completely distract from the message. Just what is it they're trying to advertise?

Oh it's Stephen Merchant, is it? I kept thinking it was Justin Lee Collins trying to do an impression of Jimmy Carr. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate those Harvey Furniture Stores sponsors on Corrie; gormless people doing nonsensical things over an annoying, clappy soundtrack! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Just thought of one that annoys me, the Brother label advert, and I had to look up what it was advertising before I could post this as I couldn't remember so it's not even doing what it should!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That's what I've always thought about those ads for the handpump soap things. You don't wash your hands then touch the handpump again. Derrrrrrrrrrr:rolleyes: Trying to scaremonger thick people by chuntering on about smearing all this killer bacteria from your handpump onto your hands then transferring it all over the place.

There's bacteria on door handles, on computer keys, on mobiles etc. Apparently there's more bacteria on the keys of your computer than there is on your toilet seat. Time to get that No Touch Handwash!

The No Touch Handwash ads piss me off, theyre too paranoid about bacteria FFS! Anyway once you've washed your hands you'll just get more bacteria/germs on them anyway :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    That cheesy VW one with that bloke 'singing' that Beach Boys song 'Wouldn't it be nice?' Where did they get him from, he can't sing?! From never having seen it before I've seen it about three times in the last half an hour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    every single advert with the following

Bingo
    PPI claims
    Accident claims

Im sick to F'ing death of them its a bloody joke how many there are !
    Forum Member
    That cheesy VW one with that bloke 'singing' that Beach Boys song 'Wouldn't it be nice?' Where did they get him from, he can't sing?! From never having seen it before I've seen it about three times in the last half an hour

'A Hard Days Night' and now this Beach Boys standard have
    been murdered by the dead hand of 'creative' directors.
    There should be a law regarding ad makers using cheap knock-off versions of classic songs.

Advertisers, This Means You:- Either cough-up the PRS fees or don't bother:mad:
This discussion has been closed.