Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile?

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[news]Jimmy Savile accused of sexually assaulting girls on ITV1 documentary[/news]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-jimmy-savile-a-paedophile-according-1218690

The Mirror are reporting that numerous victims have came forward to confirm what has been rumoured for many, many years for a new documentary.

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If true, this makes you wonder why he had an injunction for.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have very strong evidence and reliable witnesses / victims to air it so close to his 1 year anniversary.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-jimmy-savile-a-paedophile-according-1218690

The Mirror are reporting that numerous victims have came forward to confirm what has been rumoured for many, many years for a new documentary.

I'm sure they were well paid.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    So all his victims and all the witnesses keep quiet until a couple of mud raking attention seeking media **** turn up to make a show about him. They wait until he's dead before coming out with all this, how very convenient.

How come the police aren't involved? Y'know the norm for serious child sex abuse cases.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must have very strong evidence and reliable witnesses / victims to air it so close to his 1 year anniversary.

He's dead, they probably need **** all evidence.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I can see that.

Judge: Hey Jim mate, what d'ya want a super injunction for?
    Jimmy: I want to stop all the children I raped from talking about it?
    Judge: Oh sure Jimmy no problem!
    Jimmy: Thanks, how old is your daughter again?

Super injunctions stop people talking to the press, actually, they stop the publication of said talked about incidents, they do not stop the victims of child abuse reporting their crimes to the police.

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Shocker? Shocking to nobody more like
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Oh yeah I can see that.

Super injunctions stop people talking to the press, actually, they stop the publication of said talked about incidents, they do not stop the victims of child abuse reporting their crimes to the police.

Absolutely ridiculous.

^^^
    This
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-jimmy-savile-a-paedophile-according-1218690

Looks like a re-hash of a story printed last January but that time it was the BBC.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical British media ... Destroy a mans reputation when he can't answer for himself ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I can see that.

Absolutely ridiculous.

You do wonder if people can read, from the article....
    It also looks into complaints about the star which were made to police in 2007

Also, has the 'super injunction' story been fabricated, when was it obtained and has anyone a link to a source?
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media like to use 'paedophile' as a blanket term for anyone who has sex with an underage girl, even though sleeping with a 14 or 15 year old is not paedophilia

Unless Jim was trying to get 11 or 12 year olds into bed, i'll see it as a bit of a non-story
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    You do wonder if people can read, from the article....

Also, has the 'super injunction' story been fabricated, when was it obtained and has anyone a link to a source?

You cannot get a source as they cannot be reported but i'm inclined to believe there was one in existence until its death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I can see that.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Wrong a super injunction can stop people talking to the police, if you are banned from discussing an incident ect then that means with everyone, there is no exception unless stipulated by the issuing judge.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't libel the dead. For example Frankie Boyle's current tour has an extended bit where Michael Jackson is described as a demon paedophile sent from hell to ruin childrens lives. It's unsubtle by Boyles standards and unlikely he'd be saying it if MJ was in a position to sue.

The dead belong to history and you can say anything you like about them: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4630243.stm
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come this has come about AFTER he died?
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

The dead belong to history and you can say anything you like about them: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4630243.stm

I wish that ITV1 and The MIrror would "belong" in the same way then. Such dispicable muck raking that serves no purpose whatsoever anymore, whatever the case. As it happens, I don't believe a word of it for one moment. Pure, evil, nasty muck raking by the trash end of the media, full stop.

If this was half serious it would have been done years ago. It wasn't, because it isn't. That's my gut instinct, and I trust it.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who knows a few child abuse survivors I find it very odd that these particular individuals would rather have their stories aired on primetime ITV1 basically for people's sick titillation and muck raking once the alleged perpetrator has died rather than seeking some measure of justice or closure in the intervening years.
  • Options
    FuturespectFuturespect Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The media like to use 'paedophile' as a blanket term for anyone who has sex with an underage girl, even though sleeping with a 14 or 15 year old is not paedophilia

Unless Jim was trying to get 11 or 12 year olds into bed, i'll see it as a bit of a non-story
    One of my many Press bugbears.

Though ephebophilia shares much of paedophilia's repugnance, it's not officially a disease. And with high variance in world norms, I think it's an interesting area of debate. It doesn't sit well with me on an emotional level because the young may be vulnerable, but it is biologically approved.

Importantly, we're talking about the difference between an otherwise harmless manchild and a warped psyche.

From the Theroux doco, I had the impression JC was smothered by his mother's love and couldn't find anyone to match up to that. It's quite easy to fashion a link between a lonely, middle-aged man in a position of power and classical objects of desire; of a yearned-for past that never was. The truth's anyone's guess, however well-informed.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong a super injunction can stop people talking to the police, if you are banned from discussing an incident ect then that means with everyone, there is no exception unless stipulated by the issuing judge.

A super injunction did not stop the outing of Ryan Giggs did it!,i am sure if these allegations had any substance in them the press would have found a way of outing Jimmy Saville, whilst he was still alive and able to defend himself.

I cannot believe a super injunction would stop the police investigating if a crime was suspected,they could always have gone to a judge to get it partially lifted in any case.

I am uncomfortable with the fact the man cannot defend himself now.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So all his victims and all the witnesses keep quiet until a couple of mud raking attention seeking media **** turn up to make a show about him. They wait until he's dead before coming out with all this, how very convenient.

How come the police aren't involved? Y'know the norm for serious child sex abuse cases.
    elnombre wrote: »
    As someone who knows a few child abuse survivors I find it very odd that these particular individuals would rather have their stories aired on primetime ITV1 basically for people's sick titillation and muck raking once the alleged perpetrator has died rather than seeking some measure of justice or closure in the intervening years.

Agreed.

There is no injunction, super or otherwise, than can stop anyone reporting a crime to the police.

I'm very suspicious about 'victims' crawling out of the woodwork now.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mail has the story too .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183840/Documentary-claims-Jimmy-Savile-sexually-abused-teenage-girls-including-aged-13-Seventies.html

I hope the fact the alleged claims are beginning to get a public airing, mean people will finally start asking questions.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these 'victims' speaking up now the chap is dead, its all a load or rubbish and none of it can ever be proven now he's not here to stand up in court.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mail has the story too .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183840/Documentary-claims-Jimmy-Savile-sexually-abused-teenage-girls-including-aged-13-Seventies.html

I hope the fact the alleged claims are beginning to get a public airing, mean people will finally start asking questions.

It's awful to say this but I get the impression the Daily Mail read this thread and copied the Mirror article..the Mail's article is almost word for word the same.

I find it odd all the reasearch has supposedly been done, interviews conducted yet according to all the articles the programme is yet to be commissioned by ITV.

With their cheque books wouldn't the Sun, Mirror or Mail have sown this story up ages ago?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You cannot get a source as they cannot be reported but i'm inclined to believe there was one in existence until its death.

Huh?

You believe there was one, not that you know there was one?
This discussion has been closed.