Anyone else keep thinking...

Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
Forum Member
✭✭
...that the Doctor is about to smash something up then collapse on the floor crying and mumbling about destroying his homeworld? Anyone a tiny bit disappointed when he doesn't?
Would it be nice if there was a scene where he was OK with all the fighting, but then burst into tears when World On Fire was on the radio, and Amy was saying 'What's wrong, what is it?' then realising?
:o:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I hadn't thought about how the deaths would affect the Doctor. However, now that you mention it, this would explain his irrational decisions and inability to solve problems as he has to get over the grief of losing his species. Therefore, I'm really hoping that maybe Riversong can get it out of him or it will become obvious and he will have a mini breakdown at some point in this series.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's pretty much over all that now, so no I don't keep thinking that at all.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellita wrote: »
    I hadn't thought about how the deaths would affect the Doctor. However, now that you mention it, this would explain his irrational decisions and inability to solve problems as he has to get over the grief of losing his species. Therefore, I'm really hoping that maybe Riversong can get it out of him or it will become obvious and he will have a mini breakdown at some point in this series.
    How would you imagine she's going to help? Just Curious. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on. Or any body part really...
    Forum Member

Well, because of Silence in the library and Forest of the Dead, we know that Riversong eventually becomes an intimate friend of the Doctor's. We also know she has a book containing "spoilers" about the Doctor, which may include the the final demise of the time lords. I may be running away with my imagination but this may be when the relationship starts to develop and her understanding and sympathy about the time lords may be how she begins to get his attention.

However, I'm most likely wrong and my imagination has just embarrassingly run away from me... :o
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, because of Silence in the library and Forest of the Dead, we know that the Doctor eventually becomes an intimate friend of the Doctor's. We also know she has a book containing "spoilers" about the Doctor, which may include the the final demise of the time lords. I may be running away with my imagination but this may be when the relationship starts to develop and her understanding and sympathy about the time lords may be how she begins to get his attention.

However, I'm most likely wrong and my imagination has just embarrassingly run away from me... :o

He becomes intimate with himself? Blimey... :)
    Forum Member
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    He becomes intimate with himself? Blimey... :)

Lol it could happen with 10.5... I'm sure there are some fan fictions around...:p

Plus, thank you pointing out my mistake... That is why I'm not allowed to get in too deep with my imagination... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, because of Silence in the library and Forest of the Dead, we know that Riversong eventually becomes an intimate friend of the Doctor's. We also know she has a book containing "spoilers" about the Doctor, which may include the the final demise of the time lords. I may be running away with my imagination but this may be when the relationship starts to develop and her understanding and sympathy about the time lords may be how she begins to get his attention.

Right then. So does Riversong send Amy to run pointless messages or something, then lead the Doctor into a back room and let him scream and smash things up?
    When he's not doing that, does she sit and hold him while he's crying and try not to cry herself when he tells her about all those dead Timelords after the battles, the ones still alive but deformed with failed regenerations so the others tried to kill them but couldn't because they healed instantly, what it was like when they ran out of room for mass graves and started burning the dead in empty buildings, the ruined landscapes that I can only imagine would look like something from Threads except with red and gold sky and then the Timelords going crazy and destroying everything so after all that he had to kill them anyway?

PS: I don't see anything wrong with your imagination running away a little...:)