As much as I love Marco...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
Forum Member
I'm really struggling to get into this series. Its lacking something and im not sure what....maybe that the chefs are all quite good to start off with,so no funny incidents re cooking...or maybe the celebs are dull,or not enough focus on the dishes....:(

Comments

• satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    I thought that myself. I was wondering why there wasn't two teams pitting their wits against each other like before. Also the so called 'celebs' aren't really up to much, and Marco just seems weird, at least last series he came across as quite a nice guy, this time it's all acting.
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The celebs are boring. Nobody interesting in them at all.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's simply no structure to the show.

It's so messy.

How many mini contests have they had?

Why has Marco left them alone already?

Where are the cookery lessons?

Why is Marco so over the top?

I'm fed up of seeing of him sharpening his knives every two minutes followed by a close-up of Danielle looking terrified.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the same way. Something is missing and it seems all a bit dull. I think its that compared to Hells Kitchen USA there isnt much of a competition, in the real series they are fighting for a restaurant and there is so much prep to do and they show all this whereas this one they were straight into a service. I think also I would like more of when they are in their lodgings winding down each night, that sort of thing, to get to know them more.

I also dont buy the whole Marco thing, that he is aloof, I bet he chats away to them and everything when the camera is off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but I would like to see Marco chatting to the contestants and acting normal, then we get to know them better, and I believe he is at his most entertaining when he isn't trying.

We need back the elements of previous series that made Hell's Kitchen what it was.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    yep, this show is missing something - it seems to consist mainly of creepy music and shots of mario staring at people with a knife in his hand.

they've also been left on their own too soon and no cooking lessons at all.

but i don't think its about the cooking anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even finding Marco all that attractive either now :eek:
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend gave me a copy of the series which Barry McGuigan won - it is a reality TV classic. Pierre White's heart seemed in it more, there was a lot more basic Pierre White cooking advice and Angus Deayton wasn't Claudia Winkelman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anything to do with the new bandana?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    yep, this show is missing something - it seems to consist mainly of creepy music and shots of mario staring at people with a knife in his hand.

they've also been left on their own too soon and no cooking lessons at all.

but i don't think its about the cooking anymore.

The cooking element has gone out the window.

And I'm actually finding myself laughing, as opposed to feeling tense, at Mario being all menacing.

Me neither. He's become repulsive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    A friend gave me a copy of the series which Barry McGuigan won - it is a reality TV classic. Pierre White's heart seemed in it more, there was a lot more basic Pierre White cooking advice and Angus Deayton wasn't Claudia Winkelman.

Like on DVD? I would love to have that series on dvd!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything to do with the new bandana?

It's not helping :D
    Sid_1979 wrote: »

Me neither. He's become repulsive.

How the hell has that happened? I was crazy about him last time :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I get bored easily!

But his OTT persona isn't helping (I can't take him seriously) and whilst he used to be able to pull off the dirty, dishevelled look, he just looks minging now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I get bored easily!

But his OTT persona isn't helping (I can't take him seriously) and whilst he used to be able to pull off the dirty, dishevelled look, he just looks minging now.

I'm not usually as fickle as you.....I'll give him another go tonight, it's the least I can do :D
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i aint watched since the opening night
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it took off tonight. We had more cooking, with Ade and Danielle cheating with the pasta, and saw a proper evening's service with a clash between Nick and Marco; annoying customers, annoying celebrities - it seemed much better than Monday. Hopefully it'll keep like that for the rest of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Nic and Marco clashing! I prefer it when they have their lil' digs and jibes at/with one another, that's their friendship, the relationship that way is great.
    Marco seems a lot more mellow this series so far though as opposed to last year it has to be said... He hasn't really exploded in any mega way yet! I am sure it's coming though after all it's Marco! :eek: :D
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing wrong with this series is Claudia Winklepicker !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Zincubus wrote: »
    The only thing wrong with this series is Claudia Winklepicker !

Yep:rolleyes:
    Thought last night's episode was much better.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more contrived than usual this year. It seems that Marco has come under the influence of whoever is directing the programme, much more than in previous shows.
    It's like "This is what we want you to be like Marco" "Stand there Marco. Look menacing." and he seems to just be going along with it.

The show is too short. There's no follow up show on ITV2, so there's been no way of getting to know the celebs behind the camera.

Claudia is no match for Angus. There doesn't seem to be enough time to interview the celeb guests. Maybe it's because they've had to squeeze a couple of shows into one on Thursday, so possibly it might improve.

Also. Not liking that Jody bloke. Linda Evans seems to be in soft focus all the time. Anthea looks like she's had about 1 hours sleep every night.

I could go on...
  • diamondcatdiamondcat Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not helping :D

Probably because he looks like he needs a good wash! ;) You could fry chips in that hair.
  • OUTLAW_48OUTLAW_48 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Why did they broadcast this series at this time of the year. I think its much better when its broadcast in september. More people will be stuck indoors because of the weather.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Les Willis wrote: »
    It's more contrived than usual this year. It seems that Marco has come under the influence of whoever is directing the programme, much more than in previous shows.
    It's like "This is what we want you to be like Marco" "Stand there Marco. Look menacing." and he seems to just be going along with it.

The show is too short. There's no follow up show on ITV2, so there's been no way of getting to know the celebs behind the camera.

Claudia is no match for Angus. There doesn't seem to be enough time to interview the celeb guests. Maybe it's because they've had to squeeze a couple of shows into one on Thursday, so possibly it might improve.

Also. Not liking that Jody bloke. Linda Evans seems to be in soft focus all the time. Anthea looks like she's had about 1 hours sleep every night.

I could go on...

Please do. I was enjoying your rant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    There's simply no structure to the show.

It's so messy.

How many mini contests have they had?

Why has Marco left them alone already?

Where are the cookery lessons?

Why is Marco so over the top?

I'm fed up of seeing of him sharpening his knives every two minutes followed by a close-up of Danielle looking terrified.

I tend to agree.

The producers have really wasted the chance to make a good programme.

Marco is extremely watchable but there is no structure.

They should have started in the kitchen having lessons in the basics and then built up gradually which would also be informative for the viewer. Instead they were plunged in at the deep end and it made me anxious as a viewer - where do you go from there?