Clegg looks like an idiot at PMQ's!!!

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
Has anyone noticed all that Nick Clegg does at PMQ's is just nod in agreement to EVERYTHING Cameron says!! As someone just said on the BBC's 'The Daily Politics Show', he looks like the Churchill Insurance nodding dog!!! :D:rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you expect him to do as he's sitting there on the bench? Stare unblinking at a distant point with a deadpan face for 30 minutes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to use terms like that about anybody at all.

However, I actually think he looks very uncomfortable, it's actually painful to watch.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how is this any different to how every other government frontbench has looked?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's in a no-win situation. Fail to nod and he'd be accused of disagreeing and undermining the PM. If he wasn't there he'd be accused of being chicken.

It's called Collective Responsibility.

Look at the Labour front bench. Everyone is nodding at Harman, but I'm sure the Milibands, Balls & Co are probably thinking "what is that mad woman on about?"
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Labourites are starting to look increasingly stupid with their desperate barrel scraping attempts to find any old excuse to criticise Clegg and the Lib-Dems. It's like watching a jilted stalker sulking in the corner because nobody loves them.

They lost - time to grow up and move on if they ever want to seem remotely electable again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:
    This is really getting dull now. I am amazed there are people out there that still find issue with the tiniest detail!

What is Nick supposed to do?! Sit there, his face full of disinterest or actually jump up and speak over David?!
    Sometimes you Labourites don't realize how nonsensical you sound... :eek:
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    glory1986 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to use terms like that about anybody at all.

However, I actually think he looks very uncomfortable, it's actually painful to watch.

Yes, I know it's harsh and I don't usually insult people like that but the guy looks extremely foolish at PMQ's!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    Yes, I know it's harsh and I don't usually insult people like that but the guy looks extremely foolish at PMQ's!!!

Yes, he does. Just don't believe you should use those sort of terms then the supporters of the crumbling coalition wrongly post anyone who doesn't support the coalition as desperate or full of excuses etc...

We're the ones who I believe have the most convincing arguments as to why this government is bad for the country; therefore we don't have any need for that.

Of course, I can understand it is quite funny though.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always have a good laugh at George Osborne - he's either moronically staring or pulling the most ridiculously gleeful faces at something that's been said. He really should get out more.:D
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll start to take him less seriously when he picks his nose then eats it at PMQs.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called self reasurrance. What is actually going through his head is "i'm a liberal democratic leader with power............you screw with me cameron and your a dead man..ah ah ha ha!!"
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PCRose wrote: »
    I always have a good laugh at George Osborne - he's either moronically staring or pulling the most ridiculously gleeful faces at something that's been said. He really should get out more.:D

He does, doesn't he? I think he enjoys it. Clegg on the other hand looks ridiculously uncomfortable, like he's wishing for there to be some secret trapdoor in his chair to whisk him away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at work so can't see it! Why is he looking uncomfortable do you think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never mind Nick - look to the right and watch George - he has that stare as if someone was showing him their genitals...... makes me laugh every week. lol
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    never mind Nick - look to the right and watch George - he has that stare as if someone was showing him their genitals......

he sits opposite Harriet doesn't he?...:o
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    I only heard the first half of it today, but Cameron wasn't even evasive, he downright refused to answer questions
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard the first half of it today, but Cameron wasn't even evasive, he downright refused to answer questions

All he needs to do is start quoting tractor production figures as well and it will be like Macavity had never left :D
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member

Exactly!! Say what you want about Harman, she's done a god job at PMQ's over the past few weeks. It's a shame it's her last one today facing the PM.

What really gets my goat is that Cameron always accused Brown of evading questions at PMQ's but he does it week in, week out. :mad: the Tory supporters on here also accused Brown of evading Questions at PMQ's but there is a deafening silence from them now when Cameron avoids answering questions at PMQ's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's Davey's last PMQ's before the recess of the House anyway so for all those who seem to enjoy making something out of nothing then guess what?...For the last couple of PMQ sessions of this month you can critique Nick all you like as he'll be taking them for the rest of the month! :p;):D
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    In their eyes, St David the Perfect can do no wrong. Soon it will be a thought crime to think otherwise.
  • Mr JonMr Jon Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    What really gets my goat is that Cameron always accused Brown of evading questions at PMQ's but he does it week in, week out. :mad: the Tory supporters on here also accused Brown of evading Questions at PMQ's but there is a deafening silence from them now when Cameron avoids answering questions at PMQ's.

What's your opinion of the Labour supporters who, for years, excused Brown for evading every question asked of him, yet now kick up a deafening row when Cameron does exactly the same...?

Just as hypocritical, don't you think...? But I'm willing to bet that doesn't "get your goat" quite as much...
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    So how is this any different to how every other government frontbench has looked?

Exactly.

Was he half pissed, fast asleep, picking his nose, playing with his blackberry or whooping like a demented school kid at the opposition benches?

No? Total non event then.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In their eyes, St David the Perfect can do no wrong. Soon it will be a thought crime to think otherwise.

That's a Labour thing - they don't count anymore.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jon wrote: »
    What's your opinion of the Labour supporters who, for years, excused Brown for evading every question asked of him, yet now kick up a deafening row when Cameron does exactly the same...?

Just as hypocritical, don't you think...? But I'm willing to bet that doesn't "get your goat" quite as much...

Time will tell. I can forgive Cameron for doing exactly the same for a while if it's for no other reason than simply rubbing Labour's nose in it for doing it to him for years. Hopefully he'll grow out of it by the Autumn when someone draws the short straw and finally gets the uneviable job of leading the opposition.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Staunchy wrote: »
    I'll start to take him less seriously when he picks his nose then eats it at PMQs.

:eek::eek: I've just had my lunch! *reaches for sick bucket*
    Well it's Davey's last PMQ's before the recess of the House anyway so for all those who seem to enjoy making something out of nothing then guess what?...For the last couple of PMQ sessions of this month you can critique Nick all you like as he'll be taking them for the rest of the month! :p;):D

Not sure whether to watch them or not, I just said to my mum that Nick Clegg doing PMQs and whatever might be a disaster waiting to happen and she was like "Don't worry, he'll do what he has to do!" Think I'll study for my repeat exams instead of listening to Clegg next week!