Glossybox and others

Comments

• FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my Carmine box today, was pretty impressed with it! Only gripe is the nail varnish and eye shadow are colours I'd never wear.. I've tried them though (and confirmed that I would indeed never wear those colours) but everything else is great - the lipstick is a similar colour to one I used to wear years ago by Clarins - so that's great, plus some of their other colours are gorgeous so I'll probably have a look at buying some full sized ones!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered my first carmine on sun (march box)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    So are we happy with our March Glossybox ladies? Mine was okay but I didn't get the better box which contained the SK II cream. The products I got were fine though, I don't think I'll ever have to buy another hair oil!
  • MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    So are we happy with our March Glossybox ladies? Mine was okay but I didn't get the better box which contained the SK II cream. The products I got were fine though, I don't think I'll ever have to buy another hair oil!

Yes I'm rather happy with mine. Not sure what I was expecting what with it being a Harrods box. My box featured the SK-II cream so I was pleasantly surprised with that and am looking forward to trying it out.

I really like the idea of these boxes. Being a single mum I just don't have the money spare to spend on high end beauty products, but this is a nice little taste of it.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy with mine, especially after last months box. I would have preferred a different item to the pefume though, I really don't think it qualifies as an 'item'. Didn't think I'd like the Burberry lipstick as much as I do, it's a lovely colour. This box has provided me with my first Clarins product, I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to that.

Quite surprised to learn that SK II was in other boxes, I would have loved to sample that.
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy with mine, especially after last months box. I would have preferred a different item to the pefume though, I really don't think it qualifies as an 'item'. Didn't think I'd like the Burberry lipstick as much as I do, it's a lovely colour. This box has provided me with my first Clarins product, I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to that.

Quite surprised to learn that SK II was in other boxes, I would have loved to sample that.

What Clarins product was it? There's a few Clarins products I couldn't live without!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be some disagreement this month on facebook over which was the better box, which is probably a good sign and means they were closer to being same value. There are still a ton of people threatening to unsub though.

I actually liked what I got - bottle of Fendi perfume, little Burberry lipstick (gorgeous formulation), a hair oil, Clarins cream (again) and a set of 5 Erno Lazlo skincare samples which I'm very impressed with, as I have a thing for reading biographies of film actresses from the 50s and 60s so I knew the name as soon as I saw it.

Still not sure I'm going to persevere though. I think they focus too much on hyping their boxes to death, and throwing events for their 'ambassadors', and they don't respond to criticism. Why aren't they using the beauty profiles yet? Why are 18 year olds being given anti-ageing stuff when it could be bad for their skin? Why can't they at least promise that equal value boxes will be sent out, if not the same. The lower profile beauty boxes don't have a problem doing that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    What Clarins product was it? There's a few Clarins products I couldn't live without!

Probably the extra firming body cream. Every box I've seen blogged and vlogged had one, so did I.

The funny thing is that it's a Harrods exclusive box and they don't even stock Clarins:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid carmine box refunded they hve joined with glossybox now. I never even got my first box
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Well, I got the feb and march boxes from Glossybox (I joined in mid/late Feb, so got mine later than everyone else. I don't think I'll use everything I got in the Feb box. Tried some Paul Mitchell hair oil which I liked, also got a yucky lavender hand sanitiser which I gave to my mum (who loves lavender, not because I'm a mean daughter). Best item is the Becca cheek and lip tint which I have been using instead of blusher. I got some shower gel which I will keep for my jollies and some black mineral eye shadow which I'll use next time I go out.

I was very impressed with the Harrods one. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that SKII existed before I read this thread so I wasn't bothered that mine didn't include it. I loved the Fendi perfume, very tempted to buy a full sized one. Also got the Erno Lazlo samples, the Ojon hair oil, the clarins body cream and burberry lipstick. Would have liked a nail colour or lancome makeup item but it's still a nice box.

Also, signed up to Joliebox to compare, and got my first box this morning. I got a Yardley body wash (which I again gave to my mum), an eyeko eye pencil, Davines moisure balm for hair, face and body, a pink nail colour from LCN, a lipstain from foreverpink and a joliebox mirror. Mostly, I'm happiest about the eyeko eyeliner because I've been meaning to try it out for ages.

At the moment I think I like Glossybox better than Joliebox but will see what next month have to offer.
    edit: I just went onto Glossybox website and found out two of the items I got in my Joliebox were in the Jan Glossybox!

Btw, does the beauty profile they ask you to fill on Glossybox determine what you get in your box?
  • catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I was also pleased with the Harrods Glossybox, so pleased that I ordered one for my mother. I got the Clarins firming cream, Revive cream, Honey Trap nail polish (which I have used ever since), Bliss body butter-heavenly smell and a little bottle of Versace EDP .
    I am certainly going to order again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see how Glossybox will perform now that they have teamed up with Carmine. Hoping for a good box of products in April!

This evening, I signed up to Joliebox after seeing that all the products are full-sized, plus a little something extra for new subscribers - I am excited about this box based on reviews, hope I get a good selection of products :)
  • saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catscradle wrote: »
    I was also pleased with the Harrods Glossybox, so pleased that I ordered one for my mother. I got the Clarins firming cream, Revive cream, Honey Trap nail polish (which I have used ever since), Bliss body butter-heavenly smell and a little bottle of Versace EDP .
    I am certainly going to order again

thats what I got!!

does everyone get different boxes then? is it random?
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My firsst glossybox was a bit hit and miss.Did like the hair oil and the lip tint but the Lavender hand stuff and the shower gel...bit odd

Liked the harrods one though.Got the firming cream,perfume sample,bath and shower gel,Sk II moistuer,Lancombe mascara and the Cleanser so hopfully the next one also be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what did people get this month?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my Joliebox I got:
    KMS Freeshape Hot Flex Spray
    Tropic Skin Revive
    Bellapierre Mascara
    Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm
    Pure Fiji Exotic Bath and Body Oil

In my Glossybox:
    Figs & Rouge Lipbalm in Rose
    Inika Eyeliner in Caviar Black
    Caudalie serum
    Ayuuri Natural Body Wash in Sandalwood and Vitamin E
    An oil perfume (really annoyed about this, I hate tiny 5ml samples)

I definitely preferred my Joliebox this month. I'm thinking of unsubbing from my Glossybox, but I'm wondering if they have anything special up their sleeve for the May box, seeing as they will be celebrating their 1 year anniversary!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my Joliebox I got:
    KMS Freeshape Hot Flex Spray
    Tropic Skin Revive
    Bellapierre Mascara
    Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm
    Pure Fiji Exotic Bath and Body Oil

In my Glossybox:
    Caudalie serum

I definitely preferred my Joliebox this month. I'm thinking of unsubbing from my Glossybox, but I'm wondering if they have anything special up their sleeve for the May box, seeing as they will be celebrating their 1 year anniversary!

I got that... MINUS the perfume!!!
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my Glossybox:
    Caudalie serum

All that just the eyeliner in Purple and body wash in coconut
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my Glossybox:
    Caudalie serum

I loved my glossy box this month, I got:
    Figs & Rouge lipbalm in cherry & Vanilla which i love and have ordered another
    Inika eyeliner in graphite - lovely
    Cauldalie serum - bit of a small sample but it's lovely and I would consider buying it (it's cheaper on feel.unique)
    burts bee body lotion which smells amazing!
    mova face cream - a really decent size bottle - nice moisteriser.

I keep waiting for a bad one and then i'm going to cancel but I think this one is my favourite so far! It's like getting a birthday present every month! :D
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I got exactly the same as you Sinead6uk. I'm really happy with this months box, one of my favourites so far.

I love the cherry and vanilla lip balm, but I actually think it smells of mint!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoohDah wrote: »
    I got exactly the same as you Sinead6uk. I'm really happy with this months box, one of my favourites so far.

I love the cherry and vanilla lip balm, but I actually think it smells of mint!

OMG!! mine smells of mint too! I thought i was going mad or maybe they'd put mine in the wrong packageing! how strange! :D

I ordered the coco vanilla one with the 20% discount, it's lovely!
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    sinead6uk wrote: »
    OMG!! mine smells of mint too! I thought i was going mad or maybe they'd put mine in the wrong packageing! how strange! :D

I ordered the coco vanilla one with the 20% discount, it's lovely!

Ha, I'm glad it's not just me then!
  • chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Got my glossybox today. Cheap Eyelashes, Small bottle of showergel, some NealsYard moisturiser, collection eyeliner gel (have it already) and perfume samples. It was there birthday box anniversary. TBH Not impressed. Got a baloon too :D
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Got mine today too.

Got the shower gel, Collection eyeliner (didn't have it so was pretty pleased :D), and perfume samples. Also a Weleda face cream (I didn't know what it was at first because nothing on it was in English) and HD Brows Brow Beater. Oh, and a Glossybox mirror and balloon.

I was quite happy with this month's, but I wish it (in general) had more make up rather than face creams not for my skin type and shower gels.
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Collection, as in Collection 2000? Hardly premium! Or is it a different brand?