Options

Things You Have To Suffer At Work.

Comments

• Options
    JeeooorghhhbbbJeeooorghhhbbb Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Stuff that I have to suffer at work:
    1) Listening to two moaning women who spend their whole day whinging about how busy they are and that their workload is getting bigger and bigger, not realising that if they actually did some work and didn't continuously moan about it, they wouldn't have this problem.
    2) Listening to the same two women being more obsessed about what work other people are doing rather than concentrating on what they should be doing.
    3) Computer illiteracy. I don't expect everyone to be Bill Gates in the office, but wish they'd understand that if they can't get Word to load, but everything else works, they don't need to check whether their internet cable has fallen out. And constantly forgetting their passwords. Or thinking that pressing the zoom button on the screen makes things print out larger on the printer.
    4) The tea-making rota. And figuring out whose turn it is to buy milk.
  • Options
    this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emails announcing that someone I've never heard of, and is usually American, has been appointed to a position that will never affect me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boss uploading pictures of his nob on my computer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    interesting- can you expand?

It's not as bad as it was 12 months ago thankfully but during my time there I've been spat at, scratched, he's threatened to "batter" my children and get his mum to "batter" me (she's the type too as well!). Generally he just speaks to me like crap, it's a constant battle. There are good days though, when I'm reminded he's just a messed up 9 year old who needs someone to care about him. Despite everything I love my job so I feel bad moaning here about it.
  • Options
    Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do I have to suffer at work?

OMG where do I start, it's always the woman's fault.:mad:
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Citrix - it's shite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colleagues who kiss the boss's arse. Oh please:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    The general British public.

They make you want to scream...

This!! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy70 wrote: »
    Colleagues who kiss the boss's arse. Oh please:rolleyes:

Thats smart thing to do imo, providing you have the sort of boss who's gullable enough to lap it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boss uploading pictures of his nob on my computer.

Whoahhh!!:eek:
    Did you complain?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    The most odious piece of software ever conceived.

Websense.

Is it filtering software or what does it do?
    hammerfan wrote: »
    Annoying management speak.

No thanks, I don't want to put that on my radar, think outside the box, go to a blue sky presentation, and please do not call me colleague!

Ah yes, management speak. On my radar makes me think of The Saturdays' last album (it was called On Your Radar) or that Britney song Radar. The worst piece of management speak ever is "reach out", as in "You should reach out to them" Why can't they just say talk to or contact? Argh! :mad:
    Daisy70 wrote: »
    I have a colleague who cannot keep her nose out of other people's business. Constantly butting in to other people's work conversations. She seems to have an answer for everything,:rolleyes:

Call her Ms Nosey when you talk to her next time :p
    Inane conversations amongst the support team staff going on at the next desk.

"I went shopping last night."
    "did you..."
    "yeah. It was absolutely packed!"
    "was it..."
    "yeah you couldn't move"
    "could you not..."

"and then I had a cheesecake."
    "was it nice?"
    "it was lovely."
    "oh. I'm on a diet."

As if anyone needs to know the most boring details of a shopping trip...
    Sniffer McSnifferson on the desk behind.

If you sneeze for goodness sake blow your nose. Don't sniff increasingly frequently for the next 2 hours.

A pet hate of mine. I don't need to hear someone's nose composing a bloody symphony!
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    this_is_me wrote: »
    Emails announcing that someone I've never heard of, and is usually American, has been appointed to a position that will never affect me.

LOL! This ^ and similar emails announcing someone else I've never heard of is leaving the group to pursue other interests.

Progress reports and updates. Whenever the business is doing well its down to the great work by the senior executives. Whenever its doing badly its down to uncontrollable market forces. :rolleyes:

Oh, and last but not least, Performance Management. :mad:
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How hot it is! Like a f---ing oven, sometimes I come home so thirsty I feel like I've got a hangover. Seems to be a common problem with offices, by the sound of this thread. :rolleyes:

Where the hell do you work?! :eek:

Where on hell do you work!? (although I presume this one's in a hospital) :eek:

Same again. :eek:

I work in front line security, am guessing Courtney is a paramedic.
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this_is_me wrote: »
    Same here! I often get e-mails, sent to the whole company, saying things like "Please welcome Ranjit, our new IT support technician" etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here! I often get e-mails, sent to the whole company, saying things like "Please welcome Ranjit, our new IT support technician" etc.

We get overly personal emails from our CEOs. The last one told us all about his week's holiday in Spain, he burnt his back in the sun and the whole family enjoyed a day at the waterpark. Only downside was their flight home was delayed by three hours.

Who actually gives a fcuk??
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to bite my lip when the scroungers of this country kick off that they are not entitled to free stuff.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    It's not as bad as it was 12 months ago thankfully but during my time there I've been spat at, scratched, he's threatened to "batter" my children and get his mum to "batter" me (she's the type too as well!). Generally he just speaks to me like crap, it's a constant battle. There are good days though, when I'm reminded he's just a messed up 9 year old who needs someone to care about him. Despite everything I love my job so I feel bad moaning here about it.

makes me wonder what the TA assigned to my son with ADHD and autism has to say about him, to be honest.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago when I was a student working in retail in Bluewater, I worked with a girl who had the most repulsive body odour I had ever encountered. She was a lovely and very pretty girl. She didn't look dirty at all. But the smell was really rancid.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Really stupid customers.And I don't say this lightly.Since working in retail I've lost faith in the British public.I have,on a daily basis, questions like, "Whats the difference between the black and transparent glass ?".
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    My job is OK, nothing to hard or demanding but one thing I have to suffer and find very irritating is listening to Radio One all day long. It has pathetic music, DJ's who think they are the be all and end all.
    What do you have to suffer at work?

Office politics
    Idiots
    Bad management
    Low pay
    Unsocial hours
    Idiots
    Lack of career progression

Have I said idiots yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Thats smart thing to do imo, providing you have the sort of boss who's gullable enough to lap it up.

Unfortunately she loves a yes person. I'm not, she likes me but I'll never be her fave.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Is it filtering software or what does it do?

Yes, it blocks iPlayer & youtube (and most radio sites), Makes for a very boring nightshift.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How hot it is! Like a f---ing oven, sometimes I come home so thirsty I feel like I've got a hangover. Seems to be a common problem with offices, by the sound of this thread. :rolleyes:

Where on hell do you work!? (although I presume this one's in a hospital) :eek:

Same again. :eek:

Haha Accident and Emergency for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Students who wait until you've explained what today's tasks are going to be, and how to do them, then immediately stick up their hands and ask "what are we doing today?"

Certain people in the department working on the pet projects of senior staff, who get all the funding and support, even when they are doing work about things and concepts that don't actually exist. They can just talk the BS in the favoured way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Woman who sits a few desks away going on about her "fur babies" all day. I never mention my children at work so she can shut the f**k up about her dogs. Woman on the same project but different team as me who is not affectionately called "Dungbeatle" behind her back as she stinks. She is absolutely useless at her job but for reasons none of the rest of us can fathom management love her. Still redundancy is looming so I won't have to put up with either of them for much longer.