FARGO - Channel 4 Pace

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I don't know cos I went thru something similar with Banshee s2.
    Checked IMDB before season started and saw the ep number for a MAIN cast member indicated they weren't in them all, and with them being a main character this thus indicated their death 1/2 thru the series. So to 'save' others from this spoiler I went around to various forums to recommend people stay of IMDB until season's end. Come season's end and I went back to IMDB to find they'd updated the information.. doh!! :blush:
    If I'm loving a series and want to avoid any+all spoilers and someone suggests I keep away from IMDB, even if it turns out they were wrong I might as well do as suggested just in case they're not. :)
    Equally Damien Lewis wasn't in several episodes of Homeland last season, he wasn't dead, he just didn't appear in the episodes. And Claire Danes, the show's lead missed an episode of Homeland last season, she wasn't dead either...

Not every character appears in every episode of Game of Thrones either, without being dead.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... Plus IMDB is not always accurate.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen the original Coens' film so i can only judge by what i saw on the night. I thought Fargo was brilliant! Really, really enjoyed it. Martin Freeman really suited the role of Lester and played him to a tee. I thought Billy Bob Thornton was utterly excellent as Lorne. Every time he was on screen i was glued to my seat and utterly captivated by his performance. The guy is a psycho! Loved the dark humour in the show and was gutted when the sheriff was killed off but saw it coming. The violence is brutal though. Colin Hank's character looks interesting and i wonder if he'll go chasing after Lorne or leave well alone?

Anyway i'm in for the rest of the series and have heard it just gets better and better.
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm chewing at the bit waiting for Episode 2, not since last month and "True Detective" have I really wanted to watch the next episode of something!
    Good acting, script, story etc etc.

As for plot details ;
    I saw hitman go into the cellar doorway, I assume he secreted himself cunningly while all the cops arrived, then escaped later, maybe that's why he was driving like a loony. Washing-machine maybe?

Also, the dumb brother attacked the dumber borther with a hockeystick, not a shovel.

I'm expecting ice-fishing-cafe-owner-father to do a bit of a "history of violence" later.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love this so much, ep2 was excellent even better than ep 1
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    love this so much, ep2 was excellent even better than ep 1

You might want the US Pace thread...
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Billy Bob Thornton get out of the basement??
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on now....
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Is this really a true story???????
  • digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »
    Is this really a true story???????

Was going to ask the same :confused:
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    digimoan wrote: »
    Was going to ask the same :confused:

Had a shifty on tinternet and it seems claiming its based on fact is all part of the Coen brothers style so it's not true! Kinda relieved :D:D
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glaring continuity error with that sauce bottle!
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    This is a fantastic programme. I'm really interested in the direction Colin Hanks' character goes in paticularly, I think he could be one to watch.

Have a funny feeling the female cop is gonna be a gonner sooner rather than later..
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Billy Bob Thornton's character was listening to his old message from Martin Freeman, he suddenly had a flashback to his client's wife's personal trainer saying something about having a tan, or something like that? Why?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    catsitter wrote: »
    When Billy Bob Thornton's character was listening to his old message from Martin Freeman, he suddenly had a flashback to Sam Hess's widow's personal trainer saying something about having a tan, or something like that? Why?

There was fake tan on the back of the note.so it seems that the trainer sent the letter.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, thanks. Sorry, I put Sam Hess in my post instead of whoever the client was, have corrected it.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    When Billy Bob Thornton's character was listening to his old message from Martin Freeman, he suddenly had a flashback to his client's wife's personal trainer saying something about having a tan, or something like that? Why?

Any ideas why he was listening to the message ??

I didn't like this anywhere as much as the first episode :(
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »

The guy is a serial killer so probably ensuring he remembers everything about that night so that if ever questioned he never gives anything away.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say he's a serial killer. He's a contract killer (and more), although he does seem to enjoy his work.
  • daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bbobs character seems to get a thrill out of creating mischief for others, enjoying it so far, i bit like True Detective, mysterious.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it again. Making one of the hit men deaf and dumb was a very clever touch.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a 'woo!' moment when watching last night's episode 2. The neighborhood where I lived in Calgary is where they filmed part of it. The grocery store where BBT goes in to talk to that Stavros guy is actually a store called Family Foods, we used to shop there all the time. I had no idea it was filmed in Canada, I figured they would have filmed it in North Dakota, where Fargo is.

This is what the store looks like:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x5371653243dd9603:0x792c3921c3907332!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttps://plus.google.com/110936871410577857238/photos?hl%3Den%26socfid%3Dweb:lu:kp:placepageimage%26socpid%3D1!5sfamily+foods+calgary+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=fAleU6iGMcXGPO6DgcAP&ved=0CKkBEKIqMAo
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glaring continuity error with that sauce bottle!

I didn't spot it at the time. Just watched the recording and it is glaring.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Billy Bob Thornton get out of the basement??

It has been suggested that when Lester went to answer the door to the policeman he might have decided to not go down into the cellar after all and may have suddenly darted into the kitchen or somewhere.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »

To see what information he can get from it for scheming purposes?

He knows that the telephone call from Lester is very incriminating evidence against Lester, and so he can use it against him if needs be I suppose.