Glossybox and others

zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
Forum Member
Is anyone signed up for Glossybox or any of the other monthly beauty boxes?

I've had 3 so far, with the first and third being fab and the second disappointing, so I'm going to stick with it a while longer.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm signed up to Glossybox too. I'm thinking of unsubbing, because they have several different versions of each box and they tend to give all the best things to the gurus and bloggers. Nearly everyone else gets the weaker versions.

The Feel Unique box is supposed to be good, and as it's a beauty shopping site already they have access to good stuff.

This YouTube vid is good, she discusses all the boxes and who she thinks the target markets are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX5V3-pg7eg
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I'm signed up to Glossybox too. I'm thinking of unsubbing, because they have several different versions of each box and they tend to give all the best things to the gurus and bloggers. Nearly everyone else gets the weaker versions.

Yeah this seems likely. Since you can find out whats in each one and still order it in time to arrive, I wondered if you could subscribe and unsubscribe over and over so you only bought the good ones...
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 5,390
    Forum Member
    My Boudoir Prive (soon to be Joliebox) ones have been good so far, but am thinking of subscribing to Feel Unique and Carmine to see if they're better.

Have liked my Glossyboxes, but they've been so hit and miss :(
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    I had no idea about such schemes, clearly I've living under a rock! :D I'm going to order the Feel Unique box, I order a lot of stuff from them already and they look to be the most generous!
    Forum Member
    I went a bit mad I signed up for a Feel Unique and Carmine beauty box for myself and a Glossy box for my daughter! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zippykins wrote: »
    Yeah this seems likely. Since you can find out whats in each one and still order it in time to arrive, I wondered if you could subscribe and unsubscribe over and over so you only bought the good ones...

I did that with Carmine! And I tried it with the new Joliebox but just missed the cutoff date.

But I've unsubbed from Glossybox for now - it just drives me crazy watching the YT gurus finding better stuff in their boxes than I get!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

The Feel Unique box is supposed to be good, and as it's a beauty shopping site already they have access to good stuff.

This YouTube vid is good, she discusses all the boxes and who she thinks the target markets are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX5V3-pg7eg

That is exactly what has stopped me signing up to GlossyBox so far, I was also watching Gemma's video with interest as I would like to sign up to one, its just deciding which one!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I've had five or six Glossyboxes and have always liked them. There have been a couple of times I've seen alternative products and thought I would have liked them but overall I've been pleased. I've often received what I thought of as the 'better' product, when I've seen what others (bloggers) have received. I have received a couple of products I wouldn't usually use but either give them a try anyway or give them to my mum.

They have a survey on their site now so I think they are going to try to tailor boxes to suit people better.

I would love to try some of the other boxes but can't afford them. :(:p
    Forum Member
    The main thing I like about them is the element of surprise and getting a pretty piece of mail to open each month. As long as I can afford to to it I'll probably stick with it.
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    zippykins wrote: »
    The main thing I like about them is the element of surprise and getting a pretty piece of mail to open each month.

I agree that the element of suprise is a big part of it. I got my first Glossybox last week and was quite happy with it, however next time I will make sure not to look on any beauty blogs as I kind of knew what I was going to get. I want January's glossybox to be a complete suprise!
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know anything about these! Tomorrow I will sign up to the Glossybox and Feel Unique boxes.

Thanks for the thread, I'd love for it to keep going so we can discuss the boxes as they come :)
    Forum Member
    I didn't know anything about these! Tomorrow I will sign up to the Glossybox and Feel Unique boxes.

Thanks for the thread, I'd love for it to keep going so we can discuss the boxes as they come :)

Maybe we could bump the thread when the next boxes come - and see what everyone gets! But beware spoilers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I was signed up to GlossyBox, but I unsubbed, because everything I seemed to get in mine was crap and nothing like what all the Vloggers on YouTube was getting.

Then they did a really good box the month after I unsubbed :rolleyes:

Considering doing the Carmine box instead, apparently that's the best one.
    Forum Member
    What did you guys think of the December Glossybox, in particular the Rituals shower gel. My daughter received Eucalpytus & Rosemary. It's not a fragrance that I would have raced to pick up to be honest and didn't like it at first but having sniffed it again it actually is a lovely invigorating scent, probably would be great to use in the morning before work.

I really wanted to try the Rice milk and Cherry Blossom. They're only £3.50 at John Lewis so I'll pick a few up.
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    What did you guys think of the December Glossybox, in particular the Rituals shower gel.

I got the Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil shower gel. Have just used it a couple of times and it's quite nice. I really like the packaging. I think my favourite product for December was the Blink+Go eyeshadow & blush compact.

Can't wait to see what's in the next box!
  • chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I have been a subscriber of Boudoir Prive(Now Jolie Box) and GlossyBox since July this year and Feel Unique since October.

I have to say out of the 3 - Boudoir Prive blows them out of the water - It really provides and you get your money's worth. One box they had £90 Colbert Eye Cream sample (around 5ml) and a 20ml costs £90. They have also had a great range - they always out hair, make up, facial creams in their boxes every month. Glossy is a close second and my opinion it is a hit or miss. One month is fantastic (ie the Dec box) another is ridiculous - The nov box was not that great IMHO)

As for Feel Unique - Totally not impressed. The boxes I have recieved thus far have not been great - they focus on hair products mainly (and I love recieving hair products) which have always been from the same brands - and ntohing is never new. So I am unsubbing from FU and subbing to Carmine as every box so far looks amazing!

:D
    Forum Member
    Wow I love ALL of the Feel Unique BB products in their January box.

I received:-

Lierac Crème Mesolift Anti-Aging Radiance – I like the fact that this has lots of AHAs’ in it!

Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing – I love exfoliating so will give it a bash, this gets very good reviews too.

Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body lotion – I really like this brand, I’ve only used their moisturisers/creams very rarely as they are so expensive and I feel you can get just as good for less, but I will enjoy using this!

Phyto PhytoBaume Color Protect Conditioner – Well I think most folks know that I’m a hair product hoarder, so again I’ll look forward to using this. Even though my hair isn’t coloured it sounds very hydrating which is what I look for in a conditioner.

this works Clean skin for face – I’ve never used this brand but I’ve always wanted to. This cleanser smells so absolutely gorgeous. The proof will be in the pudding this evening when I cleanse.

Great box – I am a happy bunny! :D

The downside to this though is I will end up liking a lot of products and subsequently my spending will go up! :eek:
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Lushness - looking forward to my Feel Unique box now, I hope its waiting at home for me! Really interested in the This Works range - I had a mini set for legs at Christmas and I am in love with it so I'm curious about the face cleanser!

I received my December Glossybox last week too. I knew what I was getting (although I had an alternative to the Seventh Heaven primer) and I am pleased with it. Just waiting for them to start shipping their January boxes now!
    Forum Member
    Thanks Lushness - looking forward to my Feel Unique box now, I hope its waiting at home for me! Really interested in the This Works range - I had a mini set for legs at Christmas and I am in love with it so I'm curious about the face cleanser!

I received my December Glossybox last week too. I knew what I was getting (although I had an alternative to the Seventh Heaven primer) and I am pleased with it. Just waiting for them to start shipping their January boxes now!

January Gloosybox going out from 27th apparently...
    Forum Member
    Latest in Beauty do a little box. For £1 you get 3 little samples that you pick. Nothing really amazing, but I usually do it each month to get some sachets of shampoo and moisturiser that I can take on nights away etc.
    Forum Member
    My Glossybox has been posted. *excited*
  • MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Thanks to this thread I'm now £12.95 poorer every month :D

My first Glossybox arrived this morning and the packaging is enough to keep me buying. I have a bit of a thing for boxes :o. I will be saving these to give to friends and family for birthdays!

I am pretty happy with what I've received. Though I wish the eyeliner was a different colour as I really only wear dark colours. Though I suppose this is a good way to update my look and try new things, as I tend to stick to the same all the time.

EDIT: Which box do you all prefer? Is there one that stands out or does it all really depend on what stuff turns up in your box each month?
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    MerryBerry wrote: »
    I am pretty happy with what I've received. Though I wish the eyeliner was a different colour as I really only wear dark colours. Though I suppose this is a good way to update my look and try new things, as I tend to stick to the same all the time.

Which colour did you received? I got the plum.
  • MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Which colour did you received? I got the plum.

Mine was the powder pink. The plum sounds nice as an alternative to brown or black.
    Forum Member
    I got the black eyeliner. Powder pink sounds interesting.

I got a couple of Clarins moisturisers but kind of wish I got the 2 Davines products instead, they look lovely. Overall, I am happy with the products though and the whole glossybox packaging is gorgeous.