Glossybox and others

Comments

• loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    MerryBerry wrote: »
    Mine was the powder pink. The plum sounds nice as an alternative to brown or black.

The pink will probably be good on the waterline - if it's light enough.

I got the mini Orly nail varnish and Weleda cleanser/toner (which I knocked over and spilt down the sink this morning :( ).

I loved the little sweet that came with this month's box. :D
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I got the eyeliner in Midnight Blue which I'm pleased about. Also got the clarins day and night cream, the Murad primer and FAB body wash. Most looking forward to trying the primer
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    I looked at the reviews for the Murad primer. A lot of women report that it broke them out. I'm too scared to try it!
    Forum Member
    Love the Feel Unique box this month. I really think compared to the other boxes this gives the most value. Some of my very favourite brands, Declor, Philip Kingsley, Elemis amongst others; this is the best box I’ve received yet imo. To be fair though, if you’re into make-up FU probably isn’t going to be a good choice as they don’t seem to include much make up in their boxes. This doesn’t really bother me though as I don’t really wear much MU, just base blush and lippy. I love skin, body and hair care though!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I haven't noticed any skin problems with the Murad primer. It is far too dark for me though. Even if I mix it with another, colour-less primer it is still a bit too dark.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came home to find my Feel Unique box - I love it this month, there are some really good brands and I'm looking forward to trying them all. I'm especially in love with the Leighton Denny nail polish I got!

However...I just looked at my emails and I was so disappointed to find that Feel Unique are now stopping their Beauty Box service! Really disappointed, but it was a good box to go out on IMO. Not sure if I'll replace it with another one, I am still subscribed to Glossybox.
    Forum Member
    However...I just looked at my emails and I was so disappointed to find that Feel Unique are now stopping their Beauty Box service! Really disappointed, but it was a good box to go out on IMO. Not sure if I'll replace it with another one, I am still subscribed to Glossybox.

That's a shame, the FU box seemed to be getting good write ups. Maybe not enough room in the market for all these boxes...
    Forum Member
    I came home to find my Feel Unique box - I love it this month, there are some really good brands and I'm looking forward to trying them all. I'm especially in love with the Leighton Denny nail polish I got!

I was gutted when I received that email, just my luck. :( They probably weren't making enough money on it. I personally would have paid slightly more for it, at least matching the cost of the other boxes.

Might sign up to Jolie Box now.
    Forum Member
    Ugh. This month's Glossybox is my last (for now at least). The 5 products i got were all sample sized, and while I'll probably use them all, I could have spent the £12.95 on something I really wanted or needed.

I've seen a bit of moaning on facebook on how some people got a full sized high end (not sure which brand) but most got these 5 wee products.
  • MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I quite liked my Glossybox this month, though I have yet to try anything (only just picked it up from the post office)

I received a press-on manicure, venom lip gloss, Paul Mitchell styling product, BM beauty black eye shadow and Como Shambhala shower gel.

I haven't had chance to see what other product were doing the rounds this month.
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Must say I'm a bit disappointed this month. Although I haven't tried anything yet so maybe I shouldn't speak so soon.

This is only my third Glossybox so I will see what next months is like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zippykins wrote: »
    Ugh. This month's Glossybox is my last (for now at least). The 5 products i got were all sample sized, and while I'll probably use them all, I could have spent the £12.95 on something I really wanted or needed.

I've seen a bit of moaning on facebook on how some people got a full sized high end (not sure which brand) but most got these 5 wee products.

I was a bit 'meh' about what I got - liquid soap and body lotion (both smell very medicinal but whatever), a taupe eyeshadow (nice colour but ruined by the rainbow shimmeriness), the lipgloss and a Paul Mitchell product for curly hair (I like mine poker straight!)

Then I realised from Twitter that some people got a hair oil treatment and a £20 lip and cheek tint from Becca! So my full size item is worth £1.99, yet I paid the same price as the people who got the two really good items. And it's not the first time this has happened.

I just think there is something unfair about their non-system, and amateurish. It can't be too hard to make sure everyone gets the A box eventually using a circulation method. They aren't even using those effing beauty profiles yet!!

So I'm unsubbing. If there's a great item included next month I will comfort myself with the knowledge that I would have got the crappiest box anyway!

I'm sticking with Carmine, no complaints there, and probably subbing to Joliebox. If Glossybox get their act together I might resub. (I'm just going to hang about to see what the big mystery is, though it will probably be more hype over substance like the Valentines box was. Saucer of milk for me!:p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned Carmine are now kings of the beauty box!

Did anyone else get theirs today? I got a full size Andrea Fullerton nail varnish, full size 'Balance Me' body wash, full size Steam Cream, a tube of professional whitening toothpaste, a lipstick sample and a perfume sample :)

Three full size products, and really decent brands too, I've wanted to try Steam Cream for ages! And the best bit is that we all got the same stuff so no-ones blood pressure has to go through the roof:D

There may be boxes still available this month through their site if anyone is interested, I think they keep selling them until they're all gone. I'm really pleased with Carmine this month!
    Forum Member
    Latest in Beauty have just launched a 'red carpet box' for £14.99 - and you can see what you would get in advance.

They're doing different themes each month - think I'll keep an eye on this one.
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of these boxes before!!! I can't decide whether to go for the Carmine or the Latest in Beauty!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    I've never heard of these boxes before!!! I can't decide whether to go for the Carmine or the Latest in Beauty!

The current Carmine box is still available, that would be a good one to get, and you have the advantage of being able to see exactly what you'd be getting before you order! YouTube has tons of video reviews too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    The current Carmine box is still available, that would be a good one to get, and you have the advantage of being able to see exactly what you'd be getting before you order! YouTube has tons of video reviews too.

Thank you, I'll order today and it'll give me something pretty to use once I've given birth!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    Thank you, I'll order today and it'll give me something pretty to use once I've given birth!

I should just warn you that Carmine have announced that the official Feb box has sold out, so the ones going out now have alternative products in place of two items, but they are saying that the box will still have three full sized items (it's usual to have one) plus the other three smaller items and will be the same value, so about £28-ish. I heard that the replacement items are going to be the make-up items from their October box.

I'm sorry if you ordered it from my recommendation wanting the body items, I don't think they handled this very well, and they were the only company with pretty much 100% goodwill, so a bit of an own goal there. The actual box will still be a really good one though, the only really annoyed people are the ones who already got the October box and have those products.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should just warn you that Carmine have announced that the official Feb box has sold out, so the ones going out now have alternative products in place of two items, but they are saying that the box will still have three full sized items (it's usual to have one) plus the other three smaller items and will be the same value, so about £28-ish. I heard that the replacement items are going to be the make-up items from their October box.

I'm sorry if you ordered it from my recommendation wanting the body items, I don't think they handled this very well, and they were the only company with pretty much 100% goodwill, so a bit of an own goal there. The actual box will still be a really good one though, the only really annoyed people are the ones who already got the October box and have those products.

I hadn't checked what was in it anyway as I like a nice surprise!! I'm more of a make up person than a body person so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.. Looking forward to receiving my first box :)
    Forum Member
    I've got mixed thoughts about the Glossybox. I either love the samples or am totally unimpressed.

I got the full size Becca lip/cheek stain which retails at £20 which is good value for the box (although I'm not sure I would spend £20 on a 7ml tube personally). It is a beautiful colour (and it smells so nice), so I suppose it makes up for the other woeful products. I also liked the PM Awaphui Treatment Oil, I will definitely make use of that. As for the others, Dr Bonnner hand sanitzer, black eyeshadow and the shower gel, I mean the other stuff was just poor.

As someone else has said they are really going to have to think of a better system of how they organise their boxes. Not sure how one person's box can be worth over £20 and someone else's just a few pounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the boxes were equal value it would be fine - but who is going to try and swap a £1.99 bottle of soap for a £20 cheek tint?

Glossybox have announced that the March box will be a Harrods collaboration. I'm not over-excited, we were all meant to be signing up for luxury items anyway, but I hope they redeem themselves with this one.

Mind you, they have confirmed there will be variation in the boxes again...
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Carmine is the best value and most consistent beauty box I like that they are more make up based then the others, I've never had any problems with them, Glossy Box on the other hand is hit and miss for me too many variations of products leaving people disappointed each month, Jolie Box too is getting the same, the hype has died a little on the beauty boxes for many.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned Carmine are now kings of the beauty box!

Did anyone else get theirs today? I got a full size Andrea Fullerton nail varnish, full size 'Balance Me' body wash, full size Steam Cream, a tube of professional whitening toothpaste, a lipstick sample and a perfume sample :)

Three full size products, and really decent brands too, I've wanted to try Steam Cream for ages! And the best bit is that we all got the same stuff so no-ones blood pressure has to go through the roof:D

There may be boxes still available this month through their site if anyone is interested, I think they keep selling them until they're all gone. I'm really pleased with Carmine this month!

Everyone is going crazy over the streamcream on fb and twitter, especially those who got the alternative box, I got the leopard print tin, I've tried it its nice but don't think I would pay a tenner for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I've heard about all these, so I've decided to try Joliebox and Glossybox first, and possibly Carmine.

Looking forward to receiving them and seeing what they have to offer.
  • catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I got my glossybox yesterday after reading about them here :)
    I was quite pleased with it, lovely box to open, I got the Becca lip/cheek colour and love it. The hand sanitiser-meh, but my daughter nabbed it, a hair oil, shower gel and pink eyeshadow which I might use as blusher. I will be ordering next months