Glossybox and others

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Believe it or not, you got the 'star' box this month! The tweezers are worth about £20 apparently. Once again I got the crap box - bronzer, Dermablend, brush, 3 samples of Agent Provocateur perfumes that I already own and a small mascara from Yves Rocher.

I got this box last month too. Was my first month with Glossy Box too.. I've signed up for three months, unless the next two boxes are amazing I won't bother again
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    So is anyone still getting these boxes?

I received the HD Brow Palette – I’ve never really defined my brows apart from getting them threaded but I might start now. I think the RRP is £19.95 so not bad…

Clynol Enrich Colour Shampoo – Meh, doesn’t sound very exciting…

Monu – Golding Glow – Moisturising tan treatment, this is not something that I will ever use

Elizabeth Arden Visible skin lotion – I’ll give it a try, I’m quite happy with the products I use but I’ll give it a bash

Irish Cream Pavlova Lip frosting – this is supposed to be a lip stain or a blush; it smells sickly sweet like strawberry bubblegum. I could never use this as a blush as it’s sticky, too bright and I don’t think it’ll look nice on my face. It feels like Vaseline – that’ll be the mineral oil…

I think that’s it for me…. the novelty has worn off
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I received mine today. Other than the Jelly Pong Pong lip gloss, I had a completely different box to you, Lushness.

I received:

Kryolan eye shadow ('satin powder') - I love this. I'm a huge eye shadow fan and it's a lovely pinky-bronze colour.

Collin Resultime collagen gel - a nice serum which can also be used as a face mask. It's OK but I received similar in other boxes - the Caudalie for example.

Monu extra rich night cream - nice enough but too 'old' for me. I still have teenage skin and can't really wear night creams. I gave this to my mum.

Awapuchi texturising sea spray - a spray to create 'tousled' hair. Not sure how much I'll use this as I don't tend to wear my hair down, especially in the summer, but I'll give it a go.

My favourite products are the eye shadow and lip gloss. I'm wearing them both today. :p I have the gloss on as a blusher and it's actually OK. Despite how it looks in the tube it goes on quite sheer on the cheeks and is fine on top of a liquid foundation (or BB cream in my case) and under a finishing powder.

I received the HD Brows palette in an older Glossybox and I love it. Like you I never bothered with my brows as they were blonde and not very obvious. But now I fill them in a light brown every time I wear make up. In fact, they're now the most important thing for me, even above mascara.
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I got the same as you Lushness. Little bit disappointed again. But I've heard good things about the HD brow kit, the Monu Glow and even the shampoo has good reviews so I will give them a bash.

Hope the boxes get a bit better, but I suppose you can't expect too many amazing products for £13!
    Forum Member
    I forgot to cancel my box, but I have done right now. This is the worst box I've received - total waste of money.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also forgot to cancel my Glossybox, however I accumulated enough 'Glossy Dots' to get the August box for free. What a load of crap, putting it bluntly.

Don't know what the rest of you guys received but I had:
    Nail whitener - don't use it, probably will never use it as my nails are ok!
    Recovery balm - actually not that bad, will use for dry skin patches but won't repurchase.
    Eyeshadow palette - the less said about this the better! The cheek of putting this piece of crap in a 'luxury' box!!
    Lipcote - WTF?
    Glossybox lipstick - crap.
    DHC cleansing oil - I did use this last night and was quite pleased with it, may even repurchase if I like it enough!

So, I have now cancelled Glossybox. I still have my subscription with Joliebox but I'm waiting to see what this month's box is like before I make a decision on that.
    Forum Member
    I also forgot to cancel my Glossybox, however I accumulated enough 'Glossy Dots' to get the August box for free. What a load of crap, putting it bluntly.

Recovery balm - actually not that bad, will use for dry skin patches but won't repurchase.
    Eyeshadow palette - the less said about this the better! The cheek of putting this piece of crap in a 'luxury' box!!
    Lipcote - WTF?
    DHC cleansing oil - I did use this last night and was quite pleased with it, may even repurchase if I like it enough!

So, I have now cancelled Glossybox. I still have my subscription with Joliebox but I'm waiting to see what this month's box is like before I make a decision on that.

I got the same box, what a mess. The only decent thing is the DHC oil, that is very good. I might try Joliebox, not sure yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lipcote - WTF?

I got the same as you! I was HORRIFIED at the eyeshadow palatte! looks like something from a pound shop! and lipcote???!!! is it the 80's again?!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the DHC oil though and will repurchase but one decent small sample wasnt worth £13!

next month is supposed to be a limited editions box......why oh why do i keep talking myself out of cancelling it?! :D
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Completely agree with you all about this month's box. Just utterly disappointing. That eyeshadow palette is just the crappiest thing I've ever seen!

Instead of the balm, I got a Valentino Assoluto perfume sample which is actually really nice. That and the oil are the only half way decent products this month, for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinead6uk wrote: »
    I got the same as you! I was HORRIFIED at the eyeshadow palatte! looks like something from a pound shop! and lipcote???!!! is it the 80's again?!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the DHC oil though and will repurchase but one decent small sample wasnt worth £13!

next month is supposed to be a limited editions box......why oh why do i keep talking myself out of cancelling it?! :D

Argh! Limited edition box...really trying not to re-subscribe!! Having said that, the Xmas and Harrod boxes have been my favourites!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    I have finally cancelled my GlossyBox Subscription, the August box was a complete joke. Aside from the oil, there was nothing 'luxury' about that box.

Are any of the other boxes any better to try? I did love my little box arriving each month!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did everyone think of glossy box this month! i was fairly impressed! LOVED the maggi li design on it - will have to find another use for it to have it on show. got some sachets which really annoys me as i dont count these as proper items as you can get most of them free over the counters in department stores! :mad:

however I was lucky enough to be one of the ones that got the full size loreal hair oil with an RRP of £16 so I was well pleased with that and it is lovely stuff! also got the balance me eye gel and I love this brand so all in all i'm happy this month.

x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to my September Glossybox but it hasn't turned up. I have email twice but had no response. Have the rest of you that get GB received yours yet? x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jo1980 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to my September Glossybox but it hasn't turned up. I have email twice but had no response. Have the rest of you that get GB received yours yet? x

I got mine last week, Tuesday i think it was. x
    Forum Member
    I got mine last week, Tuesday i think it was. x

Ta, they emailed me today. It got lost in transit so they are sending another one :)
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed with September. It was made up mostly of products that are too old for me/my skin. The only thing I liked or could use was the Lady Gaga perfume sample.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I am fairly new to the beauty box concept, i get glossybox, SSB and just had the first allaboutbeauty one which I am very impressed with, full size cleanser, bathbomb, soap and sample size of murad eye cream plus a couple more products. also got a wooden ash catcher which is quite nice. I have subscribed for 3 months and looking forward to the October box already, I may as well spoil myself!
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking of signing up to joliebox :) from a lot of reviews I've read it seems better than glossy box
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This months box is FAB!! and it was free with my glossy dots so even better! :D
    Forum Member
    This months box is FAB!! and it was free with my glossy dots so even better! :D

Yep I got a good one - love the Doctor Jart beauty balm
    Forum Member
    Got mine today and I'm impressed too. Two make up products and three skin products I can use. :D
    I'm looking forward to using the Doctor Jart, I just hope it's not too dark.
    Forum Member
    Got mine today and I'm impressed too. Two make up products and three skin products I can use. :D
    I'm looking forward to using the Doctor Jart, I just hope it's not too dark.

I have really pale skin and it is fine on me x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the Glossyboxes are getting better in terms of their contents! I may re-sub for their Christmas box, as that was the reason I decided to sub last year. I bought a Dr Jart BB cream a few weeks ago and I am pleased with it, I was surprised to see it was in this months box, its a really good product IMO.

I had my Joliebox on Friday (well, it was the first from 'Birchbox'), and it was ok. Got a nice cleansing milk (would have preferred the exfoliator) and some tea?! Thinking about scrapping this box too at some point. Although, I do love the 'twist bands' that came with last months box - they are amazing (you dont get to say that often about some hair bands!)
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have signed up to joliebox and my first box should be with me sometime this week. I've got a bit of an obsession with beauty products ATM!
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received my first (and last) Glossy Box today, the items had nothing redeeming about them at all compared to what I'd seen on beauty blogs.