Glossybox and others

12346»

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of signing up to the Jolie box. Just looking at some reviews now and they do look pretty consistent.
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of signing up to the Jolie box. Just looking at some reviews now and they do look pretty consistent.

i've just cancelled my joliebox - or birchbox as they are now. gave it a few months and I just felt it wasn't value for money - and the fact they took payment at around the 5th of the month and i didn't get my box until usually the 30th was a bit of a joke!

I just found out of each box there was maybe one product that i was interested in using and it usually only cost a few quid!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my first Glossybox on Monday after a friend recommended it to me.

I was quite impressed, I got a very nice moisturiser and a duo eyeshadow thing with two colours that I will definitely use. I also got a full size rose-scented shower gel and a mini blush.

The only thing I was less impressed with was a dark brown lipstick, the colour is not too bad but the lipstick itself is not good quality.

I signed up for the 3 month thing, so hoping for a couple of nice boxes else I'll just cancel. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would people say was the best box now then? something i'm really considering signing up to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Amarya is the best box - if you like natural products.

Glossybox is getting worse and worse. I can hardly believe this is the same brand that gave away a free full size NARS product in their first box!

I'm sticking with the Latest In Beauty boxes. At least you know what the contents will be, so you can decide if you would use the products or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This month's Glossybox is a bit shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    This month's Glossybox is a bit shit.

I agree with you! Did you get the perfume sample - 8 hour cream mini - lip crayon - hairspray - nails inc mini?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I agree with you! Did you get the perfume sample - 8 hour cream mini - lip crayon - hairspray - nails inc mini?

Yeah. The lip crayon is broken, the Nails Inc mini was incorrectly labelled as "Jermyn Street" when it's actually "St James" (I know as I already own both!) and that perfume is rank.

The hairsray I will use, the face cream probably not. Waste of a tenner really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like I've been waiting forever for this one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A really good Glosssybox this month, seems to be quite hit and miss. I think I will carry on for another month or two as I have really liked some of the products they've sent me.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    Boredom is dangerous for me! Just subscribed to this new beauty box www.mylittlebox.co.uk/home the items look good, and full size too! I'll try it for a few months and if it's crap I'll bin it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hey I have been reviewing Glossybox each month on my blog www.imogensglossybox.tumblr.com I am also doing a review of their customer service if anyone has any stories or experiences could you please let me know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Has anyone tried PinkParcel?

You get your necessary items delivered for the time of the month (hence the name) plus a load of goodies; it's in essence a beauty box with tampons!

My first one was £5.95 on offer and then they're £9.99 a month. The first one had loads of stuff in it, including an Elizabeth Arden mascara, witch hazel cc cream, Garnier blur plus loads more. All items full size too. The notable items from the second were a L'Oréal night cream and a lovely lipgloss which I can't remember the make of now. The night cream alone though retails at £15.99 according to the Boots website. Each month you also get a bar of choccy, very important part of any parcel for this time of the month.

I have been really impressed so far. I hope it continues as i've been looking forward to my time of the month for the first time ever!