Options

Which of the four impressed most tonight?

Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who came across best tonight?

Which of the four leaders came off best? 197 votes

David Cameron
27% 55 votes
Ed Milliband
28% 56 votes
Nick Clegg
11% 22 votes
Nigel Farage
32% 64 votes

Comments

• Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me Clegg by a whisker. I didn't see Farage but it would be apples and pears really to vote for him too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poll should appear in a bit.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigel, by a country mile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My order:

Farage - blasted it.
    Clegg - came across well.
    Cameron - also did well, but I'll give Clegg the edge on personality and an actual sense of humour.
    Milliband - Beyond awful.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I was shocked at how bad Miliband came across, more so because it was on the BBC.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Farage for the 1st time in this campaign
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    To me Clegg by a whisker. I didn't see Farage but it would be apples and pears really to vote for him too.

I did and it was a good public performance and he had his share of difficult questions just like the other three party leaders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    I was shocked at how bad Miliband came across, more so because it was on the BBC.

I was surprised how pugnacious the audience were with him. Did someone in the BBC not get the "make sure it's a 100% Labour audience" memo?

They're probably having an enquiry as we speak.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    I was surprised how pugnacious the audience were with him. Did someone in the BBC not get the "make sure it's a 100% Labour audience" memo?

You might care to look at your own poll. Nigel Farage is quite understandably in first place but who's in the close second place? Why, it's Miliband. Based on his performance rather than party affiliation, Clegg ought perhaps to score higher.
    Guess who's currently in last place in your own poll: Cameron
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    Nicola Sturgeon. I know that the OP has forgotten to put her name in the poll and I am sure this is an oversight and not just another case of Englishcentric posting which can happen on DS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Nicola Sturgeon. I know that the OP has forgotten to put her name in the poll and I am sure this is an oversight and not just another case of Englishcentric posting which can happen on DS

It was a case of not knowing she was on. If she was on BBC Scotland or whatever it's called, I had no idea. I don't have access to the service.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch farage.
    but none of them it was a stupid concept all in the same building but no face to face debate. That sums up #ge2015 perfectly

Cameron farts
    Miliband stumbles on step

If the markets freaked out over the Scottish vote god help us when its the EU vote.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage? must have come on when i made a cup of tea,
    Cameron avoided questions, especially child benefit, fact he side stepped the question left no doubt he will cut child benefit.
    Clegg. well.only thing he could say was his party will keep the other 2 in check.
    Miliband started a bit slowly with some tough questions but answered them honestly. finished very strongly and came out of it very well. most sincere politician by a mile.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sturgeon
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage was the clear winner tonight answering every question concisely and truthfully. He put to bed a lot of misconceptions about UKIP. His best performance in the GE debates by far.

2nd place goes to Cameron who put in a decent performance. Still don't believe him on the EU referendum promise and he was unclear on the public spending cuts.

Not a good night for Milliband. Things like the economy and the deficit are where he really fell down. Also why no immigration targets? Not convinced he wants to address it really.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member

Why? What more did you expect of him? He's bleedin' rubbish.
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't really include Farage. Tonight was just Cam, Clegg and Miliband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »

I would say Clegg too...followed by Miliband and then Cameron. I felt that the first two were the most honest and genuine. Cameron is just so slippery. I don't trust him at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You and your alleged bias. Remember what has been said to you on this. Bias lies with the viewers and listeners only.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sturgeon.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    Shouldn't really include Farage. Tonight was just Cam, Clegg and Miliband.

The format was almost identical. Farage won hands down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The format was almost identical. Farage won hands down.

With respect, Farage wasn't there. It was the threesome that was Cameron, Clegg and Miliband. I detect from your enthusiasm that you are a Kipper...so...potentially biased in his favour?
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Pat_Smith wrote: »

Or perhaps and rather more likely that BBC left wing bias is a myth?
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Good to see Ed Milliband performing strongly in this poll.

Kinda shows how polls and those most vocal on the Internet can diverge.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    With respect, Farage wasn't there. It was the threesome that was Cameron, Clegg and Miliband. I detect from your enthusiasm that you are a Kipper...so...potentially biased in his favour?

Er he was there just on a bit later. It were exactly the same format too. Your bias against Nigel Farage is quite extreme. I get the impression you are not a fan of democracy?