Shows which could work in a stripped down format

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are theere any shows which you think could work in a quicker stripped down format

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    quicker stripped down format
    All quiz shows which have inane chat and faux tension.

15-to-1 was the best format
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I was going to say those lottery quiz things. Just draw the numbers. The only one I liked was the one with the 'Wonderwall' hosted by Phillip Schofield. Think it was called 'Winning Lines'. I agree 15-1 was the best!

Anything like TOWIE, or programmes with Peter Andre et al could be pared down to nothing.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose Women would be good if they just showed the intro, then skipped to the end credits.

And anything with Katie Price in it would be better being cut altogether.

But progs like Police Interceptors could be cut down to 10 minutes if they cut out the ads and the "coming up in part 2, and then coming up in part 3" bits
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Susannah Reid stripped down. "And here is the news in briefs"
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Southland" is working in a stripped-down format (ie smaller cast to save money, not a shorter slot).
  • Mr MertonMr Merton Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Blockbusters - Contestant: "Can I have a P please?" (Audience laughs.) THE END.

Bullseye - Just pick the "best looking" couple and get them to throw darts at the prize board.

Come Dine With Me - "Let's all go to MaccyD's Instead" :D

Play Your Cards Right - "Higher or lower than the 8 of clubs?" "Higher, higher" (Turns the card) "Hooray!" (Audience cheers loudly.) "You've just won a car!"

Red Or Black - Just get the audience to shout red or black and that determines the winner. Because that's basically all it consists of anyway ;)

X Factor - Simon Cowell knows who's most likely to win out of all of the contestants so why can't they just make an album and forget about producing that hype-ridden TV show :)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnder - 30 minutes devoted to Phil Mitchell

The Boy from the Blackstuff

The Professional

Mrs Brown's Boy

Emmerdale Allotment
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    DOND - Pick a box. Open it. You get what's in that box. END!
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Olympic Games opening ceremony could be very usefully condensed to: "Ready, Steady, Go!"