Really enjoying Stuart blackburns corrie :-0

KingCorrieKingCorrie Posts: 308
Forum Member
Well, I'm truly shocked! Corrie is really good at the minute with some quite boring storylines. Stuart is doing a really good job so far and I really look forward to seeing the little scenes with various characters talking about rubbish/events etc.

He seems to get the ideas of the characters and their relationships with each other. Gail and Sally last night just talking in the street was like olden days corrie which I really really prefer to shouting and bawling in the street.

I know he destroyed emmerdale and I'm only just tuning back into it. I was absolutely dreading him taking over corrie But so far so good.

What does everyone else think??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserving judgement for now. With all due respect, one scene does not suddenly make him an amazing EP especially considering he messed up Emmerdale, or at least made a poor show worse... I will wait and see what storylines/ characters he introduces.
  • KingCorrieKingCorrie Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Its not just the one scene, it seems to be quite a lot of them have been really based on the relationships and have that 'old school' feel to them. I know its early days but I like what I see so far :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    KingCorrie wrote: »
    Its not just the one scene, it seems to be quite a lot of them have been really based on the relationships and have that 'old school' feel to them. I know its early days but I like what I see so far :)

i agree. i think its looking very promising :)
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far, so good :)

As brilliant as Phil Collinson was for Corrie, while he was in charge it seemed like certain characters could only interact with certain characters (if that makes sense) but I think SB will have the street interacting with the street.

For example; in the last ep Marcus was having a conversation with Peter & Carla/Rob & Tracy in the Bistro and then David joined in too.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I have to say he has done nothing that I have really taken umbrage with. My only wish is that he doesn't feature stella as much as PC did
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit early to judge yet.

There are still some major dross story lines on Corrie to be concluded.

After they have finished and SB starts newer story lines, then a bit later down the line, we will have a clearer picture of the direction he is taking.